• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

It's going faster than usual.

My pay is being covered by the PS4/Vita contract now, which freed up some money to hire some additional animation and clean-up help.

Oh, huh. Guess that explains that.

I would have said that it was that Beowulf was just a lot less complicated aesthetically than the stuff Eliza was pulling with her animations.

Definitely a fun match to watch. Interesting to see Sonic switch away from the Peacock/Bella team that defined his earlier success. Can't beat Filia shenanigans I guess. Equally interesting to see two duos again in grand finals, guess thats the way the game's developed lately, do we have info on what teams made it to top 8?

Also today is the day. Kinda can't wait to play Eliza's story mode hnnnggh

It's past midnight everywhere in the US right? WHAT'S HAPPENING WHY IS SHE LATE
No one else is going stir crazy?

If it works like the way Big Band came out then we'll be seeing the compatibility update in a couple hours or so (if it's not available already). This'll download all the Eliza data, allow her to show up in char. select, and apply all the balance changes/new features added in Eliza Edition ... unfortunately to be able to PLAY Eliza we'll need to wait until the PSN Store updates later in the day. Somewhere between 1PM-6PM EST probably.

Edit : Oh, speak of the devil. Just went in and checked and Skullgirls is asking to be updated to 1.03

Edit Edit : Can confirm. Eliza update deployed on US PSN. Just waiting for the Store update ...

If it works like the way Big Band came out then we'll be seeing the compatibility update in a couple hours or so (if it's not available already). This'll download all the Eliza data, allow her to show up in char. select, and apply all the balance changes/new features added in Eliza Edition ... unfortunately to be able to PLAY Eliza we'll need to wait until the PSN Store updates later in the day. Somewhere between 1PM-6PM EST probably.

Hmm okay thanks. Hopefully that doesn't mean they're stalling the Steam version to release at the same time as the PSN!

Sooo hyped. I'll go walk my dog and fingers crossed it'll be up by the time I get back... Just can't wait to see who Eliza & Sekhmet really are, how much of their personalities are stuff I've just projected onto them and if any of my theories are correct. Also I'm really really excited for the
extra goodies
that come with this update. :D

Also, I really hope Squigly and Big Band are in Eliza's story! Was kinda bummed that Squigz didn't appear in BB's...

Hmm okay thanks. Hopefully that doesn't mean they're stalling the Steam version to release at the same time as the PSN!

No, that's pretty much exactly what they're doing.

<Duckator> So when's she out on steam?
<Cellsai> Duckator: As soon as NA PSN updates
<wippler-workn> no
<wippler-workn> not quite
<Cellsai> Ah
<wippler-workn> I have an important meeting tomorrow afternoon
<wippler-workn> with my bed
<wippler-workn> it will be up after that concludes
<wippler-workn> like, aroundabout 4-5PM PST
<wippler-workn> Steam could be before then but I want to wait until PS3 has it fo sho.

wippler-workn is MikeZ, the lead programmer/game design dude. So yeah uh ... maybe go to sleep or something and wakeup later for glorious Eliza.

Edit : And patchnotes
http://skullgirls.com/2014/09/skullgirls-encore-1-03-skin-and-bones-patch-notes/

They buffed Fukua's projectile game /wrists.

No, that's pretty much exactly what they're doing. The Steam version of the game could have been updated weeks ago.

wippler-workn is MikeZ, the lead programmer/game design dude. So yeah uh ... maybe go to sleep or something and wakeup later for glorious Eliza.

Ah, thank you! That late :O I'll have something to look forward to after uni tomorrow :)

Crocodile

Busy schedule + not near my PS3 for extended periods of time = I haven't updated to the Fukua patch yet. When I update to the Eliza one, will that cover the last patch two or will I have to DL two patches?

Ravidrath

Looks like Sony edited the avatar image out of the PS.Blog, so here's what today's avatar's look like:

ByzI2CrIMAI-KIH.png:large

Busy schedule + not near my PS3 for extended periods of time = I haven't updated to the Fukua patch yet. When I update to the Eliza one, will that cover the last patch two or will I have to DL two patches?

You should only download one patch - they're always cumulative from the original version of Encore.

El Sloth

Banned
Ok I just finished Eliza's story mode and when
it shows that Leviathan knows Sekhmet
I was like
emrknjp.gif

Then after Eliza
kills Cerebella draining her blood
ryan-shaking-head.gif

Then again
discovering the truth behind Eliza and how she killed Aeon and Venus and that Double real name is Lamia! And that fucking incredible scene after the credits
emrknjp.gif

What amazing story mode Lab Zero, you all have really outdone yourselves! After finishing it I never
hated a character so much now as I hate Eliza

Eliza's story mode

Holy shit

HOLY SHIT
THE NEW STAGES, HER TALK SPRITES, HER CGS, GIANT MONSTER BATTLE ENDING

God I loved everything, but FUCK YOU ELIZA HOW DARE YOU DO THAT

VariantX

Just finished the story mode with Eliza. So good.gif. And lots more interesting background story stuff that i'll pray we'll get more of. I'll also keep my fingers crossed in the hope that we get more characters in the future.

Eliza is even better looking than I could have imagined ;_;

The right character won

Thank you based Lab Zero

Thank you disgruntled loser voters for unwittingly make the right choice in the end

I'm crying

edit: OMG OMG OMG

ELIZA STORY MODE

BEHOLD YOUR QUEEN

That Eliza story mode was O_O
And there's so much information about the lore it makes it even more great. With the final scene I thought it would be cool if
LabZero gets the IP for a Pacific Rim fighting game with giant robots against giant monstes (with the TATATATATA theme of hell all around while doing combos).

Back to work now but damn I want to play instead of coding. :(

Ohnonono

It's going faster than usual.

My pay is being covered by the PS4/Vita contract now, which freed up some money to hire some additional animation and clean-up help.

So is the Vita version still aimed at coming out this year? Announcements are one thing and late 2014 turns to early 2015 quick these days :p

Ravidrath

So is the Vita version still aimed at coming out this year? Announcements are one thing and late 2014 turns to early 2015 quick these days :p

We announced on the PS.Blog that the PS4/Vita ports are 2015 now.

The reasons are mostly good - we're expanding the port in ways that I think people will dig.

El Sloth

Banned
#ElizaDidNothingWrong

Ahhhh, that story mode... so good!

Although, it made me a little sad that they had to tell her story so soon. I would have really liked to see Ahad tell the story at his own originally intended pace. Such a shame the universe conspired against him and the team.

Even if LabZero eventually decides it's not in their best interest to make another fighting game anymore, I hope they can find other ways to continue telling the Skullgirls story.

Animated adaption when

Top Bottom