• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Worth noting :
7Euidet.png

zvqMVUA.png

and NSFW because lol Kinuko's twitter but first look at new ... normal? For Robo.
https://twitter.com/kinucakes/status/560942239791456258

Which has some pretty interesting implications in and of itself because I would have guessed that Robo would have kept Fortune's set of normals with some remixed functionality ala Fukua but this seems to imply that they're taking the concept a bit further than maybe previously thought. We still know next to nothing about Robo's overall gameplay direction so here's hoping we get clarification tonight!

I remember Kinuko saying that 1/3 of frames were hitstun/blockstun frames. Since those will probably not change that much, they can do new moves for fortune. Since she is the most feline/animal character in the game it would not work if she was just a robot that has no natural way of moving.

Which has some pretty interesting implications in and of itself because I would have guessed that Robo would have kept Fortune's set of normals with some remixed functionality ala Fukua but this seems to imply that they're taking the concept a bit further than maybe previously thought. We still know next to nothing about Robo's overall gameplay direction so here's hoping we get clarification tonight!

For what it's worth, I hope Robo-Fortune is nothing like Ms Fortune in terms of gameplay. Sure, they can share a normal or two, but I hope she doesn't have a shadow mechanic.

Won't be broken up if she does have a shadow mechanic, but I'd much prefer a Ky/Robo-Ky level of difference.

Ravidrath

For what it's worth, I hope Robo-Fortune is nothing like Ms Fortune in terms of gameplay. Sure, they can share a normal or two, but I hope she doesn't have a shadow mechanic.

Won't be broken up if she does have a shadow mechanic, but I'd much prefer a Ky/Robo-Ky level of difference.

Just about every one of her normals, specials and supers will be all-new.

Thores

Why isnt Michiru doing one of Beowulfs stage tracks?

I'd like to know this as well. Hopefully this doesn't sound too ungrateful, as I have absolutely loved this project's output, but one of the things I was looking forward to most from the Indiegogo campaign was the announcement of each new stage getting new tracks by Machiru Yamane. Beowulf's WIP theme already sounds pretty quality, but... it doesn't quite feel like a Skullgirls track.

Ravidrath

I'd like to know this as well. Hopefully this doesn't sound too ungrateful, as I have absolutely loved this project's output, but one of the things I was looking forward to most from the Indiegogo campaign was the announcement of each new stage getting new tracks by Machiru Yamane. Beowulf's WIP theme already sounds pretty quality, but... it doesn't quite feel like a Skullgirls track.

We tried to have Yamane do it, but after a few shots she just didn't seem to be getting it.

It was getting to be a good song, but still was not tonally what we wanted to for this stage. It basically got to the point where the music was going to be the only thing delaying Beowulf, so we made the tough decision to move on. Brenton and Blaine seemed to get what we wanted, and were able to turn that around pretty quickly.

We're still going to finish that other track and use it somewhere else in the game, so you'll be getting the same amount of Yamane music you were promised.

Technically you're getting more, actually! Because you got the Rooftop Assault track which was never really planned in the original campaign and budget.

Fun Fact: Under the Bridge stage was intended for the game's original release, and we did the music for it way back when, before the stage itself was cut. It then became the Class Notes theme, which I think fits very well.

Thores

We tried to have Yamane do it, but after a few shots she just didn't seem to be getting it.

It was getting to be a good song, but still was not tonally what we wanted to for this stage. It basically got to the point where the music was going to be the only thing delaying Beowulf, so we made the tough decision to move on. Brenton and Blaine seemed to get what we wanted, and were able to turn that around pretty quickly.

We're still going to finish that other track and use it somewhere else in the game, so you'll be getting the same amount of Yamane music you were promised.

Technically you're getting more, actually! Because you got the Rooftop Assault track which was never really planned in the original campaign and budget.

Fun Fact: Under the Bridge stage was intended for the game's original release, and we did the music for it way back when, before the stage itself was cut. It then became the Class Notes theme, which I think fits very well.

Coooool! Thanks for the update.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I forget to check this thread so I'm sorry for being late with my answers.

Last I checked, Beo is practically done. He is only missing coloring on a few frames iirc. I also think they are gonna try and release him along with the ps4 and vita release. Cant wait to add a new grappler to my fighting game reputiore! Cereballa being part of the list too. :p

Edit: actually, I forgot about the voice acting.... =/

Same here. Beowulf is one of most wanted characters from the poll, along with Eliza. Now I got both characters so I'm not complaining but I'm dying to get my hand on Beowulf!

Only one more month!

Looking like mid-March for Beowulf now.

Big hang-ups with him have been voice acting, stage music and story mode.

And lobbies will be in the Robo-Fortune patch, which will be released alongside the PS4/Vita versions.

Sweet! Thank you for your time to responding my question! I can't wait for Beowulf and Lobbies!

Hmm. Just realised that my SG IGG rewards address is going to be wrong now. It's been wrong since Christmas. :\

How can I change my address, if I can, and can I tell if my stuff's been shipped? I could probably still get my stuff back from my old workplace. They probably kept the parcel...

EDIT: Ah, the addresses were locked at the end of November. :\ I might not get my stuff then I guess.

Ravidrath

Hmm. Just realised that my SG IGG rewards address is going to be wrong now. It's been wrong since Christmas. :\

How can I change my address, if I can, and can I tell if my stuff's been shipped? I could probably still get my stuff back from my old workplace. They probably kept the parcel...

EDIT: Ah, the addresses were locked at the end of November. :\ I might not get my stuff then I guess.

Send me a PM with your current and new info and I'll see if I can update it on my end.

Mr. X

"Who is Night Phyre"

Skullheart mod and news writer
Commentates whenever he is at the events
Huge Skullgirls fan
He does music with his wife, its lovely.

He auditioned and got the part.

Ah okay, the VA's cool. I was really hoping for an Egyptian and Scandinavian accent for Eliza and Beowulf, respectively, but I guess getting an American to do it would be way easier. Nothing against the VAs, I just wanted more variety.

BTW are those lines in the demo official lines? Because otherwise how would he know there was going to be a 3 wolf moon move and stuff?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
When Mike called "Kai" over I honestly thought it'd be Kaiji Tang. lol. Surprisingly good voice reel though, I remember hearing it a long time ago, didn't think he'd make it.

NEO0MJ

Finally back from my ban. Robo-Fortune seems like she'll be a lot of fun. No way is she not making my team. She's Ms.Fortune, but a robot!

Zubz

Banned
For the first time ever, the full roster.

Man, it feels so weird to finally see it completed.

Now I kinda want to see Fukua visible on the char select. I know it's paying homage to MVC's "secret" choices, but...it's really pricking at my OCPD.

I know; this game's come a long way. It's so bizarre thinking that it's nearing its endgame, though. I can't wait to see what's next for Lab Zero and/or the IP! No matter what happens, I'm excited for it. ... And I'm in the same boat with Fukua. I love the nod, but seeing a blank space feels weird enough as-is; knowing there's a character in that off-setting blank space anyway doesn't feel right.

That's neat, honestly; Class Notes sounds perfect for a tutorial, so I just assumed it was always the theme for that stage.

-
Kai "NightPhyre" Kennedy is Beowulf. He did a concept reel from 2013

Nice! He sounds perfect for the role!

And I'm in the same boat with Fukua. I love the nod, but seeing a blank space feels weird enough as-is; knowing there's a character in that off-setting blank space anyway doesn't feel right.

Didn't they change it in the Beta so that she's visible now? I haven't checked the main game but I assume when RF gets added Fukua will be made visible.

For now, yes. Who knows if Lab 0 have plans beyond Encore. Chances are they might consider working on that new game they were talking about before.

Any details on that new game? Honestly the idea of a sequel with the current 14 characters and 4+ newcomers, all with new story modes is just agldfgjs.

I would also love it if Eliza became the next face of Skullgirls, like Jin became the new face of Tekken. She's extremely popular, and not to mention how cool it would be to have
an unsympathetic/unrepentant villain
as the main character. Just saying :D

ArjanN

Didn't they change it in the Beta so that she's visible now? I haven't checked the main game but I assume when RF gets added Fukua will be made visible.

Yes, in the beta they made her visible on the char select screen by default, which is nice for both symmetry and not making the roster seem smaller than it is.

Zubz

Banned

Any details on that new game? Honestly the idea of a sequel with the current 14 characters and 4+ newcomers, all with new story modes is just agldfgjs.

I would also love it if Eliza became the next face of Skullgirls, like Jin became the new face of Tekken. She's extremely popular, and not to mention how cool it would be to have
an unsympathetic/unrepentant villain
as the main character. Just saying :D

She is, so I'm hoping they'll add her with the (Final?) update to the main game.

Also, isn't there a terse legal tapestry with the IP now? I think Autumn Games owns the IP, but they're effectively-dead; the company's still "active," but because they never paid back their loan for the Def Jam license, a fierce legal battle with their bank is keeping them from doing anything right now, other than letting LabZero use the IndieGoGo money to add to the pre-existing Skullgirls.

I'm not saying there'll never be another Skullgirls game; it's Autumn's biggest (And to my knowledge, only-known) original property, so if/when they come back, I'm sure a new Skullgirls'll be the first thing on their agenda. But if LabZero's already working on the game, either a miracle happened with the Autumn Games situation (They haven't updated on anything since Shoryuken voted Skullgirls as their GOTY 2013), or that "new game" LZ's been kicking around isn't Skullgirls-related.

Mr. X

Mike Z at Arc Divide during the beta update showcase said he spent like 40 hours working on a Skullgirls build for something we'll find out about soon.

Any Sony/Playstation events going on soon?

I am out of the loop. Questions:
1) What is considered to be the best Painwheel team right now?
2) What DP assist has the most priority/invincibility?
3) Any great videos of competitive Eliza?

Top Bottom