• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

You know with KOF13 going free on PS+ I'm starting to wonder how feasible it would be for Skullgirls to show up as a PS+ incentive as well. I can't honestly think of a better way to reinvigorate the community by giving the people who were otherwise on the fence with the game a shot to try out Slightly Different Edition after the patch hits. It'd definitely be a welcome jolt to the community I think.

KOF certainly isn't the first instance in which a fighting game has showed up on the service either, VF5FS was free during its launch month for Plus users as well. Obviously I'm ignorant to the logistics of this sort of thing happening but it seems to me that Skullgirls would just be a natural fit for the service.

The very notion of unblockables in Skullgirls terrifies me given the custom assist option. I still love playing Peacock/Valentine BTW. I don't have live anymore though. I'm cutting all expenses in anticipation of moving soon.

I love Peacock's character, but to be honest its Valentine whose moveset really sings to me. Them bottles and her air projectiles feel so good to me during combos and footsies that I just love playing as her. Super fun character IMO.
I am more in love with the visual show Valentine puts on. I love those huge slashes, her bodybag Ninja throw and how much her bonesaw appears in her moves. Probably one of the most fun characters based on how she executes her theme.
I'm pretty sure I've completely forgotten how to play this game while waiting for the patch, lol. So many fighting games this year.
Too many good fighting games.
By all means, you have my full permission to post whatever matches we play at any time. It'll definitely help me try to pick up on my own habits and attempt to correct them, so ultimate I see no downside.

And yeah, you played much more solidly today; You mixed up your Parasoul strings to the point where you were baiting out my attempted reversals and punishing them effectively and your Peacock's keepaway in combination with your use of Parasoul assist worked out VERY well. I also liked seeing you really getting in the air and using more of Peacock's air normals effectively. Really I just have some very small notes that I think could go into further improving your game.

Parasoul :
Overheads. She has two of them and they're very quick things to just throw in the middle of your combos for easy resets into more damage.

Peacock :
If you can use Parasoul assist to get your opponent to block you may be able to sneak a teleport to the other side before they notice. You want to avoid ever being cornered as this character because she'll inevitably break in those situations. Fake teleport more, really, its awesome.

Matchup Quirks :
v. Painwheel
A competent Painwheel knows how to easily avoid George's Air Show and can bait out assist calls in order to find a safe window in. Your job is to disrupt the time in which she's looking for these safe opportunities and go on to the offensive before she can react. You HAVE to meet her in the air if you don't want to be a sitting duck against this character. That means avoiding your ground based zoning (which is more or less useless against Painwheel) and taking to the air in an offensive manner. J.MP and j.HP for Peacock are fantastic tools to deal with a Painwheel that's flying just outside of your range and a well placed j.HK can easily disrupt fly mode for Painwheel as well. AIR THROWING is also a very viable alternative and not something a painwheel is going to generally expect. Just keep them on their toes at all times.

This is a matchup where you can make use of LP Item Drop as well. It creates a "no fly zone" of sorts that you can use to delay a painwheel from getting into a range where you are not comfortable. HP Item Drop is not as useful in most situations because she can fly faster than the item can drop, further increasing the usefulness of LP item drop in this matchup. That said there is an exception in that if you have a Painwheel thats actively trying to bait out an assist call they're not going to be moving forward and that's where an HP Item Drop can be effective, charging an HP item drop wont get you very far however.
Yeah... I was noticing that HP item drop isn't working. Thanks for the tip. I also figured how to get the volume. It works just fine if I raise the monitor's volume. *facespalms*

I'm willing to play right now if you are. I want to upload some footage soon...
You know with KOF13 going free on PS+ I'm starting to wonder how feasible it would be for Skullgirls to show up as a PS+ incentive as well. I can't honestly think of a better way to reinvigorate the community by giving the people who were otherwise on the fence with the game a shot to try out Slightly Different Edition after the patch hits. It'd definitely be a welcome jolt to the community I think.

KOF certainly isn't the first instance in which a fighting game has showed up on the service either, VF5FS was free during its launch month for Plus users as well. Obviously I'm ignorant to the logistics of this sort of thing happening but it seems to me that Skullgirls would just be a natural fit for the service.
I think most people who haven't given it a try yet are not going to bother. New folks who aren't as entrenched are a totally free chance to draw new people though.

In short... free PSN+ status will work better with randoms than it will with the FGC.

Roubjon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3BUX5mivE&feature=youtu.be

The first of four videos showing a session between me and Disco. It's my first time uploading and making sense of it all was a bitch at first. Looking forward to uploading the second video by 7PM EST today. I think this could be a fun little thing for me.

That really made me want to get back into the game, I just wish I was able to play PS3 more often. If you guys ever want to have a go at it, just post in here, I actually may be able to play tonight. I'm on the East Coast btw.

Ravidrath

Even though it's only like three people, it's good to see this thread get bumped occasionally.

...And, no guarantees, but I think yesterday's patch build might have been The One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3BUX5mivE&feature=youtu.be

The first of four videos showing a session between me and Disco. It's my first time uploading and making sense of it all was a bitch at first. Looking forward to uploading the second video by 7PM EST today. I think this could be a fun little thing for me.
Lol'd at the description.
"Use this footage to figure out what NOT to do against solo Painwheel.

Trust me when I say that learning the Painwheel matchup is probably one of the more difficult hurdles for a novice player to overcome. This matchup will test your blocking ability and your overall knowledge of defensive tools in order to keep her off you and it will test your offensive knowledge of the game in order to keep her from playing the game she wants to play, for these reason I think she's probably the best character to learn the game against. I had a friend during the game's first few months who would run a Painwheel team with Cerebella Diamond Drop Assist and Napalm Pillar Assist. After each and every combo I would be thrown into a situation where, if I ground blocked he would throw out Diamond Drop into another combo, if I jumped he'd airthrow me into another combo, and if I tried to retaliate there was the looming threat of Napalm Pillar which meant I'd be sitting through another combo. She's very much a momentum based character who thrives on getting her opponent into situations where they're forced to deal with mixups during any part of her offensive. Your job as her opponent is to stop her from playing her game. If you can discourage your Painwheel opponent to the point where they second guess their choice to go into fly mode then consider the match yours.

You have to know where you can make holes in her offense and capitalize on these holes in order to give you breathing room. If we were to compare the first match in the video to the last match I think the situation becomes like night and day. In the first match you're not pushblocking as effectively and Napalm Pillar feels more or less like a non-issue throughout the course of the game, contrasting with the last match where you're able to pushblock and throw me off my game more frequently due to tools like LP Item Drop and good placement of the Pillar assist to keep me from getting too close. In the last match you forced me to accommodate my playstyle to deal with yours, I was playing your game due to the strong defensive play showcased by your Peacock.

The Downfalls of Painwheel
She needs Fly. Fly is her greatest asset and the backbone to every fundamental part of this characters game. It is what simultaneously makes her so terrifying and I think what ultimately reveals her inherent limitation. She has nothing to fall back on if Fly is neutralized as a factor in any given matchup. You've gotten decent I think at playing a defensive game against her onslaught, you know how to use Peacock's various defensive tools to make it more difficult for her to get in and get started but you've yet I think to take the extra step needed to keep her from the air. I've mentioned it at every step of my critiques to your game but the key to beating this matchup is to stop playing defensively and to be willing to take her out in the air, meet her in her arena and rip it away from her.

THAT I think is still the fundamental missing factor to your Peacock's play. She HAS the tools to DENY Painwheel's air dominance, they're there and waiting for you. In the later matches (not showcased in Part 1) I'd literally fly in a single spot on the stage just outside of the range of Napalm Pillar, Air George, and LP item drop. I'd sit there and wait for you to do something at all to take me from my perch.

What did you do? In most cases you kept calling assist or LP item drop for a time, you'd keep backing up, you'd keep throwing items and trying to zone a stationary target sitting at mid range. Later on you transitioned to HP item drop as you knew the pace of my play had changed.

What didn't you do? You didn't run forward and use Napalm Pillar assist to put it in its effective range. You didn't (in most cases) teleport away. You didn't air throw me. You didn't jump MP or HP to disrupt flight. You kept ultimately trying to win the matchup on defensive Peacock play alone and you choose to ignore a part of Peacock's play that would be instrumental in turning the matchup around for you.

Pushblocking a Painwheel
This is a pretty key component of this matchup I think. When a Painwheel has gotten in and is pressuring you on the ground she'll only have a single thing on her mind, getting back into the air. The key to disrupting this is to pushblock the move that she cancels into fly from. In my case I will almost always do c.LK - c.MK - HP (Fly). So 3 hits, on block or hit, I'll cancel into fly. Pushblocking the third hit will give you enough room to easily teleport as Peacock or call in a defensive Napalm Pillar assist with ease.

You've blocked a Painwheel ... what not to do next.
In pressure situations, as showcased pretty clearly in the video I think, you have this tendency to hold up-back and try to jump away from pressure ... this is the worst thing you could do against a character that dominates the air. Do NOT jump in situations where you haven't correctly pushblocked her offensive. You WILL get air thrown over and over again.

That really made me want to get back into the game, I just wish I was able to play PS3 more often. If you guys ever want to have a go at it, just post in here, I actually may be able to play tonight. I'm on the East Coast btw.

Hey, yeah I'll definitely be on tonight if you're willing to go some matches. My PSN is DiscoShark, feel free to add me. :)

Even though it's only like three people, it's good to see this thread get bumped occasionally.

...And, no guarantees, but I think yesterday's patch build might have been The One.

Crossing my fingers. :x
So, the patch might be coming soon?

Also, can you give us any info on how progress is going on the DLC characters?

The last news we heard in terms of DLC development was posted back in July at http://revergelabs.com/ "It’s been a few weeks since our last Fan Art Friday – Evo happened, and we’ve been finalizing the patch and working on the first DLC character." Since then I guess the only assumption a person could make is that various problems with the patch have caused plans to be changed in that regard. Hopefully after this is all behind everyone the team can start working on a constant stream of DLC. My wallet is waiting. ^^;

Part II of IV today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipZKTRSvfw

Thanks for the critique as usual. Yeah... I got my ass whooped. Part of the reason why I don't take advantage of Napalm pillars is because I haven't quite gotten into the groove of things with Peacock's movement yet. She is a lot slower compared to other characters on the ground when it comes to confirming assists into a combo, but I can see how smart teleports can make that a trivial challenge. I also need to use her shotgun and air medium punch more often. I also have trouble hit confirming into combos with Peacock which I really need to practice. Painwheel just freaks me out more than anyone else....

I also noticed the lack of Parasoul critique. I don't know if that is a good thing... :p
Sorry about not responding. I usually don't play much on Fridays anymore since I'm super busy with my studies. I hope we can get some matches going in the future. Playing the game is the key thing that needs to be done if we want this game and the OT to stay alive.

I'll be uploading more fights in the future so you can look forward to more content from me. I can guarantee Vampire Savior and Guilty Gear footage for sure. I'd upload BB stuff too, but I don't think there is anyone on GAF who plays Extend or BB at all for that matter.
The last news we heard in terms of DLC development was posted back in July at http://revergelabs.com/ "It’s been a few weeks since our last Fan Art Friday – Evo happened, and we’ve been finalizing the patch and working on the first DLC character." Since then I guess the only assumption a person could make is that various problems with the patch have caused plans to be changed in that regard. Hopefully after this is all behind everyone the team can start working on a constant stream of DLC. My wallet is waiting. ^^;
I'm just waiting patiently. I'm not expecting Squigly, lobbies or spectator. I'm just waiting for the patch...

Part II of IV today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipZKTRSvfw

Thanks for the critique as usual. Yeah... I got my ass whooped. Part of the reason why I don't take advantage of Napalm pillars is because I haven't quite gotten into the groove of things with Peacock's movement yet.

I can definitely hear where you're coming from on this front. Peacock was never a character that immediately clicked with me (Ms. Fortune strangely enough was my first main in this game) it was after I think that I had learned some other characters and was more comfortable with the overlying mechanics that I transitioned into learning the Peacock/Double team I had originally intended on using. She's an odd one for sure.

I also noticed the lack of Parasoul critique. I don't know if that is a good thing... :p

It is a good thing I think, Parasoul has far better tools to deal with Painwheel than Peacock does and her air normals knock her out of the sky VERY easily. With Peacock on point I feel like I can get in fairly close before I have to worry about any threat to my fly game but against Parasoul and her massive air normals I'm pretty easily knocked out of the sky. Worth noting I think is that Painwheel has nothing in terms of really good reversals so when pressure is on her there's not much I can do short of hoping there's a hole in the block string you're using. Parasoul has the tools to really cripple Painwheel with superior air normals and some very effective pressure. Compared with Peacock where the options to deal with Painwheel aren't immediately obvious.

I don't know whether or not it's my not having a ton of experience playing Parasoul but it seems to me your play with her remains really solid, there's not much in the way of things that I think you're doing just wrong or could otherwise be needing to expand on. In the later matches you really started using your superior anti-air normals (cr.HP) to knock me out of my angle of approach and you've consistently used her tools to your advantage ... maybe more raw Napalm Pillars when you have her on point?

Playing the game is the key thing that needs to be done if we want this game and the OT to stay alive.

Can't emphasize this enough.

Ok, seriously. What the fuck is up with the PC version? Reverge and Autumn games have basically been silent since July.

Undoubtedly put on the backburner until the issues with the patch are alleviated. I believe they've said they'd be able to get into more detail about what's happening / been happening once the elephant in the room is taken care of. They'll hopefully be able to get it out before the end of the year.

Parts III and IV are up on my channel for those interested. I like my performance in Part IV a lot more. Parasoul's mini pillars are really fun to mess around with.
I can definitely hear where you're coming from on this front. Peacock was never a character that immediately clicked with me (Ms. Fortune strangely enough was my first main in this game) it was after I think that I had learned some other characters and was more comfortable with the overlying mechanics that I transitioned into learning the Peacock/Double team I had originally intended on using. She's an odd one for sure.
She was never even one of my initial choices. Her and Painwheel were basically on the bottom of my list, but I needed someone who complimented Parasoul and Peacock fit the bill. I also kinda fell in love with all those silly things she tosses at her enemies. Peacock's latest shirt design makes me imagine walking pumpkin George bombs which just cracks me up. I was initially going to go with Valentine, but her midscreen game just didn't click with me. That might change later on.
It is a good thing I think, Parasoul has far better tools to deal with Painwheel than Peacock does and her air normals knock her out of the sky VERY easily. With Peacock on point I feel like I can get in fairly close before I have to worry about any threat to my fly game but against Parasoul and her massive air normals I'm pretty easily knocked out of the sky. Worth noting I think is that Painwheel has nothing in terms of really good reversals so when pressure is on her there's not much I can do short of hoping there's a hole in the block string you're using. Parasoul has the tools to really cripple Painwheel with superior air normals and some very effective pressure. Compared with Peacock where the options to deal with Painwheel aren't immediately obvious.

I don't know whether or not it's my not having a ton of experience playing Parasoul but it seems to me your play with her remains really solid, there's not much in the way of things that I think you're doing just wrong or could otherwise be needing to expand on. In the later matches you really started using your superior anti-air normals (cr.HP) to knock me out of my angle of approach and you've consistently used her tools to your advantage ... maybe more raw Napalm Pillars when you have her on point?
You had to like those little bursts of energy in part IV when I started pressuring with the mini pillars. Something just clicked and I started doing them subconsciously. I love her normals too. They definitely kept Painwheel in check. I think I could have done better had I switched George's air show for a different assist. My combos were terrible though. I just can't combo with Parasoul under pressure for some reason. I need more practice there.

I'm looking forward to uploading a few more of our latest matches later on in the week. Man... the videos really pile up. I was initially only trying to upload two per week for a game.
Undoubtedly put on the backburner until the issues with the patch are alleviated. I believe they've said they'd be able to get into more detail about what's happening / been happening once the elephant in the room is taken care of. They'll hopefully be able to get it out before the end of the year.
Seems more like a gigantic Mastadon carcass at this point.
Is Skullgirls any closer to getting a patch? :(
I don't know anything about that, but I do know you are pretty close to getting a few matches in with some of us if you are interested.

Roubjon

Parts III and IV are up on my channel for those interested. I like my performance in Part IV a lot more. Parasoul's mini pillars are really fun to mess around with.

Ugh, I want to play this so badly, I just don't have the time to invest in a fighting game right now. I need a good chunk of time where I can refresh my memory and learn some new stuff for Cerebella. I guess I can look forward to winter break coming up in a couple of months...Keep uploading those videos man, they're fun to watch.

Elephantine creatures of all types are too small.
I was initially going to go with the carcass of a Blue Whale, but I didn't want to exaggerate. I see now that I should have gone with that initially.
Ugh, I want to play this so badly, I just don't have the time to invest in a fighting game right now. I need a good chunk of time where I can refresh my memory and learn some new stuff for Cerebella. I guess I can look forward to winter break coming up in a couple of months...Keep uploading those videos man, they're fun to watch.
Learn a couple of BnBs and go nuts for half an hour a week or something. I only play seriously on weekends these days and it's enough to have some fun. Looking forward to fighting eventually though. Thanks for the compliments.

So confirmation from MikeZ on tonights stream in terms of patch status.

PS3 version of patch is DONE. Should already be submitted at Sony or will be very soon.
360 version of patch held up due to Microsoft related shenanigans that were not elaborated on but frustrates Mike.

There will be an amazing piece of merchandise apparently that Mike could not talk about due to sheer levels of amazing.

Archive should be available at http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed ... eventually. Also watch stream archives for hours and hours of delicious Patched SG footage. Go wild.

Now that some time has passed I can start uploading more videos from my last fight with Disco. The first one is up today. I think I did better overall than last time, but I've still got a ways to go. I hope I can bring some fights with other people next week for some more variety. Still gotta figure out what to do about streaming other games. Damn near everything I like to play besides SG is dead or dying.

Skullgirls HD footage - Disco vs Azure Round 2 (part I)
So confirmation from MikeZ on tonights stream in terms of patch status.

PS3 version of patch is DONE. Should already be submitted at Sony or will be very soon.
360 version of patch held up due to Microsoft related shenanigans that were not elaborated on but frustrates Mike.

There will be an amazing piece of merchandise apparently that Mike could not talk about due to sheer levels of amazing.

Archive should be available at http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed ... eventually. Also watch stream archives for hours and hours of delicious Patched SG footage. Go wild.
Gonna have to check this out later. I fell into a deep sleep last night so I missed it.
Have characters been worked on in all this time? I would think that the patch and character creation wouldn't really affect each other.
I suspect we'll know the answers to this and many other questions in the weeks to come.

Roubjon

Just letting you guys know I'll probably be on tonight, so hit me up if you want to play. Just don't be expecting any crazy level of play. At least I don't think I'm very good, but we'll see. Maybe I'm being too modest.

PSN: Roubjon

Ravidrath

Have characters been worked on in all this time? I would think that the patch and character creation wouldn't really affect each other.

Mike is the lead programmer on most things, and also the guy that does all the balance and character implementation... so they are actually in direct, inextricable conflict with one another. This was a big source of the initial release's delays, since he's an essential bottleneck in most things.

And... there will be more news on stuff when the patch hits.

Mike is the lead programmer on most things, and also the guy that does all the balance and character implementation... so they are actually in direct, inextricable conflict with one another. This was a big source of the initial release's delays, since he's an essential bottleneck in most things.

Really? That's a shame. I was thinking that a lot of the designing and art wouldn't require too much involvement from him, at least not enough to delay things besides having to wait until after the patch hits to implement. For instance, I'd assume the order of the next characters would have already been decided on awhile ago. So some of the basic character animations and whatnot come be worked on.

But this is why it's bad to assume things, lol. Anyway, thanks for the update. I'll temper my expectations accordingly.

Roubjon

Uh, I'm playing right now if any of you want to join in. It's sort of late, but oh well. I'm pretty sure I missed DiscoShark earlier, so I'm probably talking to no one here rofl. I'm surprised how I just instantly remember combos though. That muscle memory does wonders!

shaowebb

Yeah I remember something like this being mentioned before in a stream or something. Its one of the reasons I wish you guys would get a backer since you desperately need a few more programmers for him to rely on and at least another major fighting game veteran of the scene to test out balance and tools in the game.

My promise still stands...if I win the lottery you have your backer. Hell, send me that art test again now that I'm out of college if you still need clean up guys. I got the time to work on it now that I don't have ridiculous deadlines involving stuff like 8 cg models start to finish in 9 weeks to do on top of a day job. If you like what I can do I'll work just to have the friggin' experience on my resume. No charge. Not like I'm getting paid for the indie work I'm doing now for the same experience.

Uh, I'm playing right now if any of you want to join in. It's sort of late, but oh well. I'm pretty sure I missed DiscoShark earlier, so I'm probably talking to no one here rofl. I'm surprised how I just instantly remember combos though. That muscle memory does wonders!

Hey dude I dont know if you're still around but I just got back from amusement park shenanigans. If you're down for some matches I'll probably be on for the rest of the night-ish.

Roubjon

Hey dude I dont know if you're still around but I just got back from amusement park shenanigans. If you're down for some matches I'll probably be on for the rest of the night-ish.

Oh god. I'm going to get destroyed. This should be fun. Hopefully I'm good enough where it isn't boring for you.

EDIT: Those were some great games man. I really need to pick up some other characters. It gets boring for everyone if I be the same person for an hour lol. There was a short period of time where I tried to learn Parasoul, so I'll probably start learning her. I love how chunky her hits feel lol.

Also, I feel like I'm incredibly inconsistent with my Cerebella. I forget she has certain moves, especially in the middle of a fight, and end up doing the same boring combo over and over. Not to mention half of the time I drop it or finish it with some horrible damaging move. Basically, it's all stuff that will get fixed if I practice more.

But yeah, I forgot how insanely fun this game is. Cerebella probably has my favorite move set and mechanics of any fighting game character out there. Not to mention she is a babe.

Oh god. I'm going to get destroyed. This should be fun. Hopefully I'm good enough where it isn't boring for you.

EDIT: Those were some great games man. I really need to pick up some other characters. It gets boring for everyone if I be the same person for an hour lol. There was a short period of time where I tried to learn Parasoul, so I'll probably start learning her. I love how chunky her hits feel lol.

Also, I feel like I'm incredibly inconsistent with my Cerebella. I forget she has certain moves, especially in the middle of a fight, and end up doing the same boring combo over and over. Not to mention half of the time I drop it or finish it with some horrible damaging move. Basically, it's all stuff that will get fixed if I practice more.

But yeah, I forgot how insanely fun this game is. Cerebella probably has my favorite move set and mechanics of any fighting game character out there. Not to mention she is a babe.

Hey man yeah, I really enjoyed our games last night. Your Cerebella was actually super solid I thought! There were some minor ways you could have increased your damage output in some situations but you have a pretty firm grasp of how to handle a solo character like her. Really there's pretty much nothing in terms of gameplay that I can offer input for I think, you played well. You were catching my airdash pressure with her antiair grab and were using her normals really effectively to keep me from playing the game I wanted to play in a lot of different situations.

If you want to learn some stronger BnB's for your character then I think this post on SRK pretty much covers the ins and outs of her go-to combo and different enders.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...e-cerebella-combo-thread.158765/#post-6886330

Roubjon

Hey man yeah, I really enjoyed our games last night. Your Cerebella was actually super solid I thought! There were some minor ways you could have increased your damage output in some situations but you have a pretty firm grasp of how to handle a solo character like her. Really there's pretty much nothing in terms of gameplay that I can offer input for I think, you played well. You were catching my airdash pressure with her antiair grab and were using her normals really effectively to keep me from playing the game I wanted to play in a lot of different situations.

If you want to learn some stronger BnB's for your character then I think this post on SRK pretty much covers the ins and outs of her go-to combo and different enders.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...e-cerebella-combo-thread.158765/#post-6886330

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Most of the time I avoid shoryuken for learning combos and stuff because I find that if I learn everything on my own in training mode it sticks with me way more and I really learn what works or not. But at this point I think I've gotten pretty close to as far as I'm going to get without some outside material. I mean, the only reason I was able to stand a chance against your Painwheel was because I read what you told SolarPowered to do against her, so I just applied that to Cerebella and it definitely worked.

Video number two is up for anyone looking for a short 12 minute set. The third part will be up some time tonight.
Just letting you guys know I'll probably be on tonight, so hit me up if you want to play. Just don't be expecting any crazy level of play. At least I don't think I'm very good, but we'll see. Maybe I'm being too modest.

PSN: Roubjon
I can't recall if I added you yet. I'll do that now if I haven't already. I need to fight more people in this game besides Disco.

Still anticipating this with bated breath.
Yeah I remember something like this being mentioned before in a stream or something. Its one of the reasons I wish you guys would get a backer since you desperately need a few more programmers for him to rely on and at least another major fighting game veteran of the scene to test out balance and tools in the game.

My promise still stands...if I win the lottery you have your backer. Hell, send me that art test again now that I'm out of college if you still need clean up guys. I got the time to work on it now that I don't have ridiculous deadlines involving stuff like 8 cg models start to finish in 9 weeks to do on top of a day job. If you like what I can do I'll work just to have the friggin' experience on my resume. No charge. Not like I'm getting paid for the indie work I'm doing now for the same experience.
All this talk of outside assistance reminds me of that Japanese woman Peter was really impressed by(Yojio?). Makes me wonder if something ever came out of that. Her art was so damn good that I wouldn't bat an eye if they used her for Skullgirls 2 or DLC work down the road.

Ravidrath

All this talk of outside assistance reminds me of that Japanese woman Peter was really impressed by(Yojio?). Makes me wonder if something ever came out of that. Her art was so damn good that I wouldn't bat an eye if they used her for Skullgirls 2 or DLC work down the road.

Yojio is my favoritest.

Autumn has been wanting to expand the IP for a while, like say into on online CCG. I think if that particular case were to happen, we would contract her for card art so fast it'd make your collective heads spin.

shaowebb

Yojio is my favoritest.

Autumn has been wanting to expand the IP for a while, like say into on online CCG. I think if that particular case were to happen, we would contract her for card art so fast it'd make your collective heads spin.

CCG as in Collectible Card Game? You guys keep getting better and better in my eyes. I freakin' made BOTH Culdcept OT's for this board. If you want to do a Card game I'll pre-order it now.

shaowebb

Quick question Ravidrath...I know Revergelabs built their own engine from scratch to make Skullgirls, but what language is it coded in?

Quick question Ravidrath...I know Revergelabs built their own engine from scratch to make Skullgirls, but what language is it coded in?

MikeZ was the creator of the engine far before he met up with Alex and decided I guess to develop Skullgirls with it. You'll definitely be able to ask Mike himself the question at tomorrow's Salty Cupcakes (tournament with stream of the patched SG) if Ravid doesn't get back to you on it.

www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

Should start tomorrow at 11PM EST

Seeing that Ranked is now blind pick, you guys should just make people select their character/team before even jumping online, like how P4A does it.

It's really nice to just jump into a match after one has been found.

Since Painwheel has an install, I'm hoping we'll see an option to change the duration to infinite in training mode in the future.

Since Painwheel has an install, I'm hoping we'll see an option to change the duration to infinite in training mode in the future.

If you think about it, with save state's being incorporated into training mode, it'd be useless for them to add that. Just hit install, and save a state, then after it wears off revert back to it to your hearts content. At the last salty cupcakes this guy was reverting back to a state during the middle of a super over and over again so it should definitely be possible.

Save states are fun. <3

Remember people, the new patched version will be streamed tonight with Mike Z and a tournament will also be played with a few top players!

www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

Shout outs to Eighty Sixed for bringing the stream to life!

Yeah, this stream has been absolutely fantastic and, for me at least, has been a well welcomed jolt to my interest in playing the patched version of the game. Seeing various people improve week to week has always been a treat as well.

~~

Guess I wanted to highlight this video of Cisco's Peacock/Double in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPPKFsuXUA

The guy has definitely learned the intricacies of this team and is using them extremely well together. His Peacock is constantly setting up crossup setups for Double assist and zones extremely well. I've had the (mis)fortune of playing him a few times and its always pretty intense stuff. MK Hornet Bomber in its current state just can't match up with the dominance HK Hornet Bomber has on the screen. I can't help but think that his play style when it comes to using Double as a "get off me" is going to be jeopardized when the patch hits. It's more or less my reasoning for switching away from exclusively Peacock/Double and transitioning to a team with a more traditional AA assist (Filia) and using MK Hornet Bomber. Thinking of messing around with Cerebella's Lock n' Load in the future if I go against his team though, goes near the same length as Hornet Bomber and has all the armor as well. I lose the ability to easily confirm off of a hit but I force my opponent to adjust to Cerebella's presence. At certain ranges I'm fairly certain it beats HK Hornet Bomber as well.

Edit :
So what days does PSN typically update for the release of patches and such? When it comes to payed content I know that stuff is usually released on Tuesdays but un-paid patches I've experienced the game update on Mondays as well. I know "it'll be out when it's out" but you can't blame a guy for wondering if there's a limit on what days of the week the thing can come out.

Edit Edit :
Anyone down for matches today?

Edit Edit :Anyone down for matches today?
GG

Would you believe me if I told you that all that came from just watching Salty Cupcakes? Seeing is believing. Also, Peacock's car bomb is so good with Parasoul. I was right to go back to my old team configuration. It is a shame I was not recording, but I'm kinda hoping for footage with new people. I wonder if Megaman is interested. :p

GG

Would you believe me if I told you that all that came from just watching Salty Cupcakes? Seeing is believing. Also, Peacock's car bomb is so good with Parasoul. I was right to go back to my old team configuration. It is a shame I was not recording, but I'm kinda hoping for footage with new people. I wonder if Megaman is interested. :p

I can definitely believe you on that front, my Filia play was more or less completely revamped after I saw footage of MikeZ using her more often. He has so many dirty tricks with the character that I've started incorporating into my game only just recently. Anywho yeah, you've improved an absolute ton. Keeping me out of my comfort zone much more effectively and, as I mentioned before, the change to Parasoul on point was just a fantastic move. Gonna look forward to playing you some more in the future.

:)

SG currently on stream at ~
http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

Boop, its over. At least Justin didnt take another SG tournament

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So apparently one of the artists was at Neko Con?

I looked around and didn't see anything stand out and there wasn't a name directory, but give my regards!

Also, for the thread:
qNxt0.jpg

I can definitely believe you on that front, my Filia play was more or less completely revamped after I saw footage of MikeZ using her more often. He has so many dirty tricks with the character that I've started incorporating into my game only just recently. Anywho yeah, you've improved an absolute ton. Keeping me out of my comfort zone much more effectively and, as I mentioned before, the change to Parasoul on point was just a fantastic move. Gonna look forward to playing you some more in the future.

:)
Likewise

I definitely felt there was something different about your solo Filia, but it took me a little while to figure it out. I was kinda having an out of body experience while fighting you though. It almost felt like someone GOOD was controlling my Parasoul in a few of those fights haha!
currently on stream at ~
http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

Boop, its over. At least Justin didnt take another SG tournament
Checked the archive and the quality was very nice. The level of play isn't quite as high as Salty Cupcakes though imo. Glad to see Justin at least playing the game. He is kinda predictable though imo.
So Ravidrath, are things still coming along? Like, is the game currently being worked on still?
Something like that. It is most definitely alive though. I can say that much.
So apparently one of the artists was at Neko Con?

I looked around and didn't see anything stand out and there wasn't a name directory, but give my regards!

Also, for the thread:=
Reminds me of Skisonic saying there should be a Skull-con for for Skullgirls cosplay. I think Facebook has quite a few good cosplays up iirc.

Ravidrath

So Ravidrath, are things still coming along? Like, is the game currently being worked on still?

Not at the moment... because we've submitted it and are waiting on approval for the patch. SCEA has approved it, so we're waiting on SCEE and MS now.

Oh, and I figured this bit from the patch notes would be of particular interest to you...

• Addressed an issue with leaderboard behavior, so that rank will no longer be lost when winning matches

Not at the moment... because we've submitted it and are waiting on approval for the patch. SCEA has approved it, so we're waiting on SCEE and MS now.

Oh, and I figured this bit from the patch notes would be of particular interest to you...

• Addressed an issue with leaderboard behavior, so that rank will no longer be lost when winning matches

Happy.png

MikeZ said:
PS3 has to wait for both SCEA and SCEE, yes [before release]. Otherwise some people would have it and some wouldn't, and those without it wouldn't be able to play online at all since it would tell them to go download the patch.
And GRR, I wish people would tell me when it's okay to talk about things...

Just playing that waiting game ...

Steaks

Awesome, thanks! :)

I saw you guys fixed the stage select bug too.

Top Bottom