• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time |OT| Sly & the Family’s Tome are Back!

Hm? Just make it so you have to actually jump on the platforms, no auto stuff at all.

Except Sly's thing is the ability to jump on the sharpest of objects and running along rails; even if you get rid of X+O, the only way to retain those skills were to just connect him automatically to it. And seeing how most things are connectable, it'd get real finnicky and really annoying to simply jump off something and connect to something you don't want to, especially when under some sort of time limit or being chased by gaurds. X+O makes it so that your able to connect to what you want instead of just mashing X all over the place to try to get of of something only to connect to something else.

Although as far as linear platforming segments go, sure.

Sorian

Banned
Except Sly's thing is the ability to jump on the sharpest of objects and running along rails; even if you get rid of X+O, the only way to retain those skills were to just connect him automatically to it. And seeing how most things are connectable, it'd get real finnicky and really annoying to simply jump off something and connect to something you don't want to, especially when under some sort of time limit or being chased by gaurds. X+O makes it so that your able to connect to what you want so that you can you can instead of just mashing X all over the place to try to get of of something only to connect to something else.

Although as far as linear platforming segments go, sure.

This post made me think I would buy Sly Cooper legos.

Edit: The post below me is almost correct. They missed one thing, I don't feel the need to protect Bob.

Salaadin

Well after playing a decent bit of the start, Loving it. Not really sure on some of the lower scores (especially Sesslers).
Sesslers is the most surprising because he loves theses kinds of games. Perhaps he just wanted an updated version and not something ripped straight from the PS2 era?
His complaints are valid though... Just not enough to hamper my own enjoyment. I love it.

Getting all of these bottles without AR is difficult. I need 5 more in world 3 but Im out of areas to search, i think....

Sesslers is the most surprising because he loves theses kinds of games. Perhaps he just wanted an updated version and not something ripped straight from the PS2 era?
His complaints are valid though... Just not enough to hamper my own enjoyment. I love it.

Getting all of these bottles without AR is difficult. I need 5 more in world 3 but Im out of areas to search, i think....

I think World 3 probably has the hardest search for bottles in the whole game
though it makes sense since the treasure you get is a clue bottle finder in the map

Some of them I thoguht were really dick moves;take this one for example.

The Lamp

I don't agree with Sessler's complaints at all. I haven't found a single thing he complained about resonate with me. The game is right under Sly 1 for me (so far). At world 3 now.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there any way to find out what the items from the safes do? I'm assuming the one in world 1 was a
coin magnet, that was obvious
but I just got the one in world 3 and dunno what it does.

Derrick01

Banned
Go to the hideout and check out the treasure descriptions.

Thanks, seems like it'll be helpful for the other 3 worlds.

Also does this have 2 trophy lists? I was looking on Vita earlier and they appeared separately on my trophy list and the Vita version didn't have any trophies yet since I haven't really played it.

Camjo-Z

Also does this have 2 trophy lists? I was looking on Vita earlier and they appeared separately on my trophy list and the Vita version didn't have any trophies yet since I haven't really played it.

Yep, two trophy lists, and it's cross-trophies as well so when you download your PS3 save from the cloud you get every trophy you've unlocked on PS3 on Vita too.

krae_man

Oh goodie another bug. I died during the boxing match and the "Mission Failed, Press X to retry" or whatever screen never came up and I had to reset.

I know its minor, but how does this crap pass cert?

Anyway finished chapter 2. Enjoying the game so far.

Spiked Club! You old African! I found you... I found you!

There's one treasure that's on top of the (location spoiler)
T-Rex skeleton that can be accessed by paragliding on one of the air geysers; is it that one?

That wasn't it. If anyone's interested:
It's inside a lava cave near that air geyser on the ground. You have to use the archer outfit to cross the lava.

God damn. I just kept passing that cave entrance somehow.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn this game is awesome looking in 60FPS, Jesus, so good

Already finished up 11% trophies wise and I only just freed the first Ancestor

DjRoomba

Banned
So is the consensus here this is decent? I was all up for buying this till the really underwhelming demo and stuff like the Giantbomb Quicklook which has done little to convince me its worthwhile..Then again. R&C future series was a critcal success and is well liked here too isnt it, and that wasnt really my thing

Ridley327

h32nrEf.jpg

I was quite impressed with this game. Sanzaru set out to do a Sly Cooper game with all the best elements from the previous titles and that's exactly what they accomplished. I do hope that they get the chance to work on another platformer for Sony, even if it isn't Sly 5.

Ridley327

Wow, the
secret ending
is such a tease.

Please let there be a Sly 5 on the PS4 with graphics that look just like the cutscenes.

Ridley327

Sorry, I didn't think it was that big a deal, given how Sly 4 was announced in the first place, but I guess Sculli could always wander into this thread.

Just beat it. I'm really, really disappointed that
one of my favorite characters, Dimitri, only really shows up in the animated cutscenes. They even made a model, or at least had concept art, for him, and nothing... ):

Great game, though. I had lots of fun playing this. I'll go back and collect everything and get the platinum, maybe.

Camjo-Z

one of my favorite characters, Dimitri, only really shows up in the animated cutscenes. They even made a model, or at least had concept art, for him, and nothing... ):

I was confused about that too. He's even prominently shown in Bentley's Hackpack with a model and unique animations, yet barely appears in Sly 4.

Great game, though. I had lots of fun playing this. I'll go back and collect everything and get the platinum, maybe.

I was confused about that too. He's even prominently shown in Bentley's Hackpack with a model and unique animations, yet barely appears in Sly 4.

There was a rumour that
he was going to be an unlockable character in the game, but that didn't pass; it's a shame we didn't even hear his voice, though.

Salaadin

Just listened to that podcast with Kevin Miller. Seems like a really cool guy whos really into the series.
I subbed so I can catch more episodes.

Ridley327

Ending spoilers:
Nolan North deserves every award that can be given to a voice actor for how he delivered the "Because I don't want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie" line; he was generally fantastic as Le Paradox, but that line put him into god tier for me.

Ending spoilers:
Nolan North deserves every award that can be given to a voice actor for how he delivered the "Because I don't want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie" line; he was generally fantastic as Le Paradox, but that line put him into god tier for me.

I was suprised as hell to see his name as Le Paradox in the credits. RANGE. HE HAS IT

Ridley327

I was suprised as hell to see his name as Le Paradox in the credits. RANGE. HE HAS IT

It's funny; I thought he was immediately recognizable as El Jefe, but it genuinely took me a bit to figure out he was Le Paradox, too. He has certain tells when he delivers his lines that makes it obvious that it's him (which is why I've never been impressed with his Penguin from Arkham City), but I guess he really shines with a ridiculous French accent. He really needs to do more outright comedic roles, because it really shows off just how talented he is when he's not being asked to do "the Drake voice" in every other game.

Top Bottom