• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Ganhyun

Have you linked your twitch account to your hi-rez account? Here's the link if you need it: http://www.hirezstudios.com/link/

You should get messages in your twitch inbox whenever you get a drop. However recently I have stopped getting the messages although when I log into Smite I am still getting the drops.

I dont get twitch messages.

I got about 20 chests. All fantasy points except for one 250 gem skin.

Guess I was lucky as some other people I know got nothing.

DeviantBoi

It's a funny thing about these 2x weekends...

I seem to end up in the group that's looking to get their gods to Mastery I.

And we end up getting paired against a group that's looking to get their gods to Mastery X.

Fun, fun, fun.

Been playing Fafnir today since he's in the free rotation. Wasn't sure about him at first but after a few more games I really started liking him. For starters, his CC is pretty strong: a stun (with an AoE slow), and a leap that disarms. But arguably his best attribute is his buff - when you have a good carry or two on your team, Fafnir is one of the most rewarding gods in the game to play. Buffing them and watching them destroy the opposing carries is so awesome. And his ult is great because you turn into a goddamn dragon.

On the flipside, playing him with weak carries on your team is horrible. That's true for most support gods, but it's especially true for Fafnir.

Also:

Swiggins

Been playing Fafnir today since he's in the free rotation. Wasn't sure about him at first but after a few more games I really started liking him. For starters, his CC is pretty strong: a stun (with an AoE slow), and a leap that disarms. But arguably his best attribute is his buff - when you have a good carry or two on your team, Fafnir is one of the most rewarding gods in the game to play. Buffing them and watching them destroy the opposing carries is so awesome. And his ult is great because you turn into a goddamn dragon.

On the flipside, playing him with weak carries on your team is horrible. That's true for most support gods, but it's especially true for Fafnir.

Also:

Ganesha is gonna be a game-changer for supports.

Yay, I mastered Fafnir and that brought me to 80 mastery. Now I have the sexy 80 icon.

New patch notes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/66cox7/19_april_2017_patch_47_pillars_of_success/

Vampiric Scylla
C9zQhltVoAAlfJt.jpg

Modern Messenger Mercury

The Sparrow Nike

Secret Order Ullr

Worldwalker Janus

Ganesha is gonna be a game-changer for supports.

Since his ult is basically Old Wa's ult, maybe the Shake and Bake will make a comeback!

Ganhyun

I like vampiric scylla.. I wonder what its locked behind or how many gems it will cost.

edit: missed the reddit link showing this was the skin for the summer bundle.

Since his ult is basically Old Wa's ult, maybe the Shake and Bake will make a comeback!

They changed the way it works so it deals damage every X seconds. Fenrir will still be a good combo as you can hold someone over the edge of the ult (getting more than 1 tick of damage from it will be difficult without some CC) but 'shaking' won't increase the damage dealt unfortunately.

The console league spring finals are this weekend and each team has chosen skin to drop in twitch if they win: http://esports.smitegame.com/2017/0...e-spring-finals-format-and-broadcast-details/

Skins are:

Most Wanted – G.I. Zhong
Strictly Business – Meltdown Sol
Astral Authority – Pandamonium Odin
Optimus Gang – Dread Lord Fafnir
Elevate – Riftshaker Janus
Obey Alliance – HeeBee Chibi Hades
Soar Gaming – Dreadbeard Poseidon
Team Rival – Chaac-a-late Chaac

Ganhyun

The console league spring finals are this weekend and each team has chosen skin to drop in twitch if they win: http://esports.smitegame.com/2017/0...e-spring-finals-format-and-broadcast-details/

Skins are:

Most Wanted – G.I. Zhong
Strictly Business – Meltdown Sol
Astral Authority – Pandamonium Odin
Optimus Gang – Dread Lord Fafnir
Elevate – Riftshaker Janus
Obey Alliance – HeeBee Chibi Hades
Soar Gaming – Dreadbeard Poseidon
Team Rival – Chaac-a-late Chaac

and expect there to be like 30k people watching the stream and maybe 20 get the skin. if they are feeling generous...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The new Scylla skin is so, so good and it comes with the season ticket, no less. Not really a fan of any of her stuff released thus far either so I'm pretty hype.

the dream, y'all

Bought the Sacred Dragon skin + Kuku VP for 50% off. I love it because (old) Ao Kuang was the first god I ever purchased with Favor back in beta, so it's fun to play as him again. His VP is way better than Kuku's.

Scylla skin in the bundle? Ohhh yeahhh, my bae gets the love.

Fafnir is uber. Have him at diamond. In dwarf form he is great peeler and brawler, in dragon he is amazing peeler and his damage 1on1 if you hit his 1 is surprisingly high. Then you buff a Rama and everyone explodes.

Edit. Got a Serqet ult quad the other day. Well, two gods to direct damage, two to poidon spread. So goooood.

Edit 2: Ganesha the Penta-Provider?

Still no word on 4.6 for consoles.

Really starting to get old. Going to end up two patches behind PC now because of the stupid adventures and the fact that Hi-Rez doesn't want to give the console team the actual support it needs.

DeviantBoi

The season ticket has been borked on the PS4 so I missed out on voting for the SCL finals.

But at least I got this to drop by watching...

C-IBFqwXoAAuUrR.jpg

Navid

I'm 14 now (so ill auto unlock the next 4 items on the next split) but from 10 up its taken 1000 instead of 500 to get to the next level. I imagine it will jump to 2000 from 20 to 30 for the final split.
Have gotten​ to level 17 (with season ticket) and now it's already a 3000FP gap to the next level...

Tried a race in the new event as well today on PS4, nothing about that felt good to play unfortunately.

I've played two games and there were, ofc, 2 Ganesha's on the map. I was Herc both times but I don't feel like Ganesha makes that much of an impact.

His ult doesn't seem to do much, if you have a jump then it is worthless against you as you can avoid the slow and prot shred.
If you have a dash then, unless the enemy wants to use their dash, you can get enough distance between yourself and the enemy so that by the time they catch up the prot shred and slow are gone.
His two is good but the very small arc on the silence means splitting up only a small amount forces him to choose one target to silence (I've actually seen Ganesha's choose to silence the hunter which is a silly choice most of the time).

I know he's supposed to be a very supporty guardian like Geb or Khepri but those two seem to have a much larger impact with their ults. Ganesha's feels lackluster. It's a zoning tool but you're better off getting a Zeus or Hou Yi if you want to zone properly.

Ganhyun

The season ticket has been borked on the PS4 so I missed out on voting for the SCL finals.

But at least I got this to drop by watching...

C-IBFqwXoAAuUrR.jpg

I hate your good luck. I watched both events nonstop the entire time and did not get any skin drops.... I am linked as I got a good bit of FP drops.

Have gotten​ to level 17 (with season ticket) and now it's already a 3000FP gap to the next level...

Tried a race in the new event as well today on PS4, nothing about that felt good to play unfortunately.

going from 16-17 is 2000 so hearing its up to 3000 to go from 17 to 18 makes me think they purposely slowed the middle and back half of the rewards to force it to last until the end of the third split.

Guessing that the patch dropped for consoles since you tried the racing out on PS4. Sad to hear it doesnt feel good to play.

I've played two games and there were, ofc, 2 Ganesha's on the map. I was Herc both times but I don't feel like Ganesha makes that much of an impact.

His ult doesn't seem to do much, if you have a jump then it is worthless against you as you can avoid the slow and prot shred.
If you have a dash then, unless the enemy wants to use their dash, you can get enough distance between yourself and the enemy so that by the time they catch up the prot shred and slow are gone.
His two is good but the very small arc on the silence means splitting up only a small amount forces him to choose one target to silence (I've actually seen Ganesha's choose to silence the hunter which is a silly choice most of the time).

I know he's supposed to be a very supporty guardian like Geb or Khepri but those two seem to have a much larger impact with their ults. Ganesha's feels lackluster. It's a zoning tool but you're better off getting a Zeus or Hou Yi if you want to zone properly.

I only played one Arena match (and of course there were two Ganeshas) and I agree - he is not a "scary" guardian to go up against (like Ymir, Khepri, Ares, or Geb). I was Anubis and the enemy Ganesha never really did anything to me, and couldn't peel my team off my targets when I stunned them.

Played a game as Ganesha he's certainly not a hard God to play but I actually kind of enjoy him.

He has little no mana problems at any time in the game but I feel like he is on the squishier side in terms of guardians
His one is very strong. Early game it does a lot of damage to heroes, also with only cd boots and 2 points in the 1 i could insta clear the wave.
His seems dependant on team mates. If they don't follow up on the silence then you just wasted an ability. Above I did state that I'd seen a Ganesha using it on hunters, I did find myself using it on a Hou Yi quite often just to stop him from using his leap. I used it more as a disengage tool though rather than initiation.
His 3 is a dash, there's not much too it. It's a good setup though for your carries.
His ult seems to cause the enemy to disengage. They often didn't want to fight while they had the protection shred. I don't feel like I used it effectively enough (should come with practice) but we were stomping so it didn't hurt us.

I technically got 2 kills in the game but due to the passive they were both given to someone else. I do actually find that nice, 0-0-17 stats right now, part of me does want to get him to mastery 10 with no kills.

I think I'm pretty close to being done with Smite. Every match essentially boils down to "can you carry 2-3 complete morons on your back for the entirety of the game?"

Just sick of it.

Ganhyun

The 4.7 patch dropped on consoles today. It broke a friend of mine's item store. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet as Im at work another 5-6 hours.

edit:

sucks to hear about Allied. :(

Navid

The 4.7 patch dropped on consoles today. It broke a friend of mine's item store.
Yeah, has been a pretty widespread severe issue across both platforms, sounds like we will get a hot-fix today.

Honestly pretty surprising and disappointing that they didn't catch something so general during their QA testing.

Ganhyun

Yeah, has been a pretty widespread severe issue across both platforms, sounds like we will get a hot-fix today.

Honestly pretty surprising and disappointing that they didn't catch something so general during their QA testing.

Yea, there were also issues with games freezing on the after game victory/defeat screen that forced you to quit the game to get around.

Definitely surprising. I saw HiRez getting raked over the coals on Reddit and Twitter about this pretty hard.

DeviantBoi

Mastered around 10+ gods to rank I, taking advantage of the 3x followers weekend.

Played three Arena matches with Izanami... went 22-4-18 on the last one. We had an Athena in the group, so every time she taunted I went ham on them. Love the clear and the escape on her. I'm thinking she'll be the next one I get to rank X.

gogosox82

So, did the latest patch break anyone else's game? SMITE freezes my whole screen upon loading. Alt + F4 or Ctrl + Shift + Esc don't work. I have to restart my computer. I'm not the only one having this issue:

[PC] Patch Day Discussion/Bug Report Megathread -"Happy Trees" 4.8

Well I'm on console so no idea what the deal is on pc but I know the lag has been unreal lately for me on ps4. I tried to play a quick arena game before work and I was lagging so hard. I almost left the game it was so bad. There was also the massives bugs from 4.8 that basically broke console smite. You couldn't open the store or the game would freeze. I've been really disappointed with the quality of patches on console this year when last year was so good. Hardly any late patches and really no bugs until The Morrigan came out. This year, almost every patch for console has had at least one bug and quite a few of them have been late. It has not been a good year for smite console.

Top Bottom