• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

DeviantBoi

Oh, shit... 4.10 comes out on consoles today!

And I thought I had time to decide if I really wanted the Bob Ross bundle.

Now I'm stuck at work. Guess the decision was made for me.

For the best, I guess. I'd rather use those gems for the Adventure bundle.

Yay, after 5 years of playing Smite I finally have a diamond god! I usually prefer switching gods every game so I never got too far on any one; instead I'm rank 3-5 on many. But recently I've really been enjoying Anubis so I stuck with him until rank 10 today.

Checked out our clan members' honor out of curiosity...

Hf12G03.jpg

...Jesus Christ, ThirtyFour. The rest of us need to step it up!

Forgot to post it in here but there is a sale this weekend (starting Friday), The Gabe said so sale: https://www.smitegame.com/the-gabe-said-so-sale-june-23-25/

The season 0 skins have a really nice discount, especailly He Bro and Lil Mana which I will be grabbing.
There is a list that tells you the discount each skin will receive so you can plan: https://dd.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/6i9hi5/list_of_onsale_skins_for_upcoming_sale/

Checked out our clan members' honor out of curiosity...

Hf12G03.jpg

...Jesus Christ, ThirtyFour. The rest of us need to step it up!

I do play quite a lot. I actually don't have any honor left now. The lastest patch introduced a bug where chests have a very high chance of dropping a booster. Hi-Rez may have fixed it with the downtime but I have no way to check.
So I opened as many clan chests as I could, ended up with 18 days worth of boosters for free.

Is Ah Puch bugged for anyone else right now? Every time I've played him this week his minions sometimes disappear when I'm doing his combo.

Forgot to post it in here but there is a sale this weekend (starting Friday), The Gabe said so sale: https://www.smitegame.com/the-gabe-said-so-sale-june-23-25/

The season 0 skins have a really nice discount, especailly He Bro and Lil Mana which I will be grabbing.
There is a list that tells you the discount each skin will receive so you can plan: https://dd.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/6i9hi5/list_of_onsale_skins_for_upcoming_sale/

I do play quite a lot. I actually don't have any honor left now. The lastest patch introduced a bug where chests have a very high chance of dropping a booster. Hi-Rez may have fixed it with the downtime but I have no way to check.
So I opened as many clan chests as I could, ended up with 18 days worth of boosters for free.

Yep I grabbed the He Bro skin. Now to wait for a voicepack sale!

He Bro, Lil Mana, and High Seas Sobek are all 150 gems right now (usually 600).

Bwahaha, that's the missus on spot 9 (Edelcita). She does play quite a bit more than I do. :D

She has racked up an impressive amount of honor for someone who isn't even level 30 yet. Tell her to keep up the good work!

DeviantBoi

Got 60 gems today.

Had an amazing Ranked Joust match that I was sure we were gonna lose, but thanks to some wards, I managed to flank two players that were trying to flank us... whirlpool, Kraken, and surge and bye bye Hades that had been tormenting me the entire match. Thirty seconds later, it was all over.

DeviantBoi

210 gems this weekend.

I discovered a couple of things:

1. I hate Duels.
2. Kumbha is awesome.

I hated doing the Hyper Joust MOTD. I was finally able to win when I got an Arachne (at Mastery 0) agains an Erlang... and even then it wasn't easy.

It blows my mind that Hi-Rez still has gem events tied to first win of the day. Essentially makes the entire weekend completely insufferable.

Yeah. Thankfully Arena isn't affected too much, since it's already the most casual mode.

I used to participate in the gem events and try to get as many as I could, but honestly it's just not worth the aggravation. Especially since Arena is the only mode I really like. 3v3 Joust can be fun sometimes if you play with friends. I don't really like any of the rest.

I love Siege. But every Siege game I do get (and that can be hard, given it's not very popular it seems), we are ALWAYS saddled with 1 or 2 psychotic noobs.

'Oh hey team of 4, I will charge you as Sylvanus. Sure. I'm a tank, ain't I?!'

Navid

The 4.11 patch dropped on consoles today...

Outside of the new character the biggest impact will be on guardians with the changes to support focused aura items.

Why are the people that play this game so fucking dumb?

How do you feed a Kali 16 kills in Assault?

This game needs a god damn IQ test before you can play it.

DeviantBoi

Finally played a Conquest game... only because it was a quest in the Code of Chivalry event.

Didn't do too bad... everyone selected their roles so I went with what was left - Mid.

Picked Ra since I'm comfortable with that god.

The other team ended up surrendering after 15-20 minutes.

Already got my Hou Yi to diamond today not sure who to work on next. My Fenrir is pretty close but I'd rather play Thor or Thanatos if I'm going assassin.

I usually use the double favor events to master gods I don't really enjoy, or have never played before. It's especially nice because I don't have the god pack, so I just rent a god for 1 day, master it, and then move on. Currently renting Kuzenbo, and then next I plan on renting Amaterasu.

DeviantBoi

Cutesy Avatar Chest for three FWOTD this weekend. You can get up to three.

I already have all the avatars and have one chest waiting to be opened, but I'm saving that one.

However, the chest drops a nine day booster if you have everything.

Yeah, I gotta go with Ullr. That skins is ridiculously awesome. Although they really should add the other elements to the skin. Like, fire and earth should be axes and ice and storm should be bow and you get them randomly when you switch.

Medusa one is super sick too but she already had some really nice skins.

Jing Wei one is meh. Tranforming into a bird is kinda cool but otherwise it's the most underwhelming of the three in my opinion.

Seems the splash art for the upcoming summer of Smite has been datamined, shows art of the new skins coming up, seems to be 8 total skins. They can be seen here:

http://smitedatamining.com/smite-datamining-summer-of-smite-2017/

Just saw this, kind of underwhelming in my opinion. There's a couple ones I like (
Bacchus, Kuzenbo
) but other than that I'm not sure I'm too interested in the others.

Probably going to depend heavily on the limited skin on whether i invest very much into the event.

Navid

T5 skin vote is now live...
Hmm, those sure are some underwhelming T5 skins. Jing Wei and Medusa are basically 4 re-colours of a single skin and Ullr isn't much better (though at least the concept makes more sense with his kit).

Seems like there was a real lack of imagination/ambition this time around for the concepts compared to the previous Tier 5 skins... pretty disappointing.

DeviantBoi

Seems the splash art for the upcoming summer of Smite has been datamined, shows art of the new skins coming up, seems to be 8 total skins. They can be seen here:

http://smitedatamining.com/smite-datamining-summer-of-smite-2017/

Eight skins... if one of them is the rewards, that's seven skins for purchase... 2800 gems right there.

Plus whatever other stuff they offer... pedestal, music, avatar, etc.

Sounds expensive.

This whole year has been more expensive because of the Adventures. Already spent 2500 gems on the ones they've released.

Easily the best match with Tyr I've ever had. Not sure if I was just lucky or if I've finally turned the corner with this god. Same thing happened with Ullr where he just happened to click with me almost out of nowhere. Going to keep playing with him and see if I can't improve even more.

tyrr6s9s.png

Man, people on the subreddit seem really upset about Ullr winning. It's the one I voted for though and probably the only one that was going to get me to go all in on the odyssey this year.

DeviantBoi

I LOVE the Nu Wa change. I just started playing her last week, so I know how much this will improve her.

Sometime I would summon the clay fighters and have them go in the opposite direction that I was looking at. So frustrating.

Yeah, I may just skip it then, it depends.

I mean we haven't seen them in game yet but I really have no interest in any of them outside of Kuzenbo and possibly Amaterasu. Da Ji one isn't horrible either I guess but she's already lined up for another one in the Odyssey.

Edit: Cu Chulainn feels pretty good after the buffs/changes, though it wouldn't surprise if they brought him up a little bit more. I feel like auto attacks are such a huge key to his success though. I've been building Frostbound + Kusari on him and it makes him feel much more potent in my opinion.

Top Bottom