• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES CLASSIC IS UP AT BEST BUY [gone]

As I said above, you need to use their Google alerts for this. Their standard alerts are overwhelmed by hugely popular items like this, but the Google alerts will arrive on time. They have instructions how to do it on the page, and you can get them routed to your texts as well.
Definitely. I got the NIS alert the minute it popped up on their website, which apparently was ~2 minutes after Wario64 posted about it (wtf, somehow lol).

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
If you are on the best buy site I just had one go through 5 minutes ago. I just continued to add it and remove it from my card. Eventually I got to pay for one. Could be people are timing out and they are being added back in for purchase.

YMMV

As I said above, you need to use their Google alerts for this. Their standard alerts are overwhelmed by hugely popular items like this, but the Google alerts will arrive on time. They have instructions how to do it on the page, and you can get them routed to your texts as well.

srs though

How do you get them routed to your texts? What is this voodoo?

If you are on the best buy site I just had one go through 5 minutes ago. I just continued to add it and remove it from my card. Eventually I got to pay for one. Could be people are timing out and they are being added back in for purchase.

YMMV

The authorization is probably failing for a lot of people, opening up more preorders.

Saroyan

Just got my confirmation email a few minutes ago, feels really good, especially after missing out on the NES classic.

I.R.I.S.

Neo Member
Just brute forced an order. Refreshed the page a couple times and it changed from coming soon to pre-order. Shopping cart page wouldn't load at first and once it did it told me the item was out of stock and kicked me to the homepage with an empty cart. Searched the item, clicked on it. Loading... and it automatically popped back in my cart once the page loaded. Signed in again and was greeted with another out of stock message. Refresh. Back in stock but shipping options have changed. Choose ship to home...out of stock. Did this a few times alternating between out of stock messages and changing shipping options.

Long story short: after refreshing and clicking like mad I finally got to the payment page and bam. Order went through. I think. No confirmation email yet but it does show up in my orders. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up!

Holy **** it worked for me too. I think they might be putting the cancelled items from scalpers back in stock one at a time. If I get a confirmation email I might slap myself.

35 minutes. Still no confirmation email.

I'm being paranoid. I must be. Everything is perfectly fine. Peachy. I'm not going crazy. YOU'RE THE CRAZY ONE.

Sir Doom

Waiting for that email
tenor.gif

ASaiyan

Banned
So I guess those of us on the east coast can't even sleep now?

I think we all fully expected this process to be bullshit, so forgive my tautology, but man, this is bullshit.

GSR

Cant ship to address wut?

Yeah, this got me too when I got one in my cart and went to check out a minute ago. I suspect it was a side effect of them pulling it from online ordering altogether, because now it won't even let you put it in your cart for later.

jbueno

+1 to the waiting for confirmation email camp before going to to bed, LOL. I was actually going to bed earlier, but loaded GAF and saw this thread with only a few posts and went for it.

srs though

How do you get them routed to your texts? What is this voodoo?

The instructions on NowInStock for setting up the Google alerts will also tell you how to have them routed to your texts, but the short answer is set up email forwarding on Gmail to forward to your email-to-text address (i.e. yournumber@vtext.com or something for Verizon), then set the forward to only filter for the Google alert email address.

Link here: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendosnesclassicedition/setalerts.php

Kintaco

Almost missed it as I also was indisposed due to the wife. Good thing we were at the finish line. Got an order in 6 mins after the alert. Just waiting for confirmation email.
Edit: got the email. Looking good.

Finally got my Best Buy confirmation email, after 45min. Got the paypal receipt immediate, though, and my credit card had a pending already, so I wasn't that worried. Perhaps I can calm down enough to get some sleep now.

MegaByte

Just keep trying. I retried for a good 30 minutes through all the random ordering errors and it eventually went through.

Only just now got the NIS notice.

Top Bottom