• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

DeanBDean

This is nothing new for GameStop. The website has been trash, crashing at even the slightest bit of traffic, for years. They just don't care to actually make a functioning website apparently.

Really? The only time I've been there in the last 2 years or so was to pre order the Switch. That's crazy. Setting up a retail website, while certainly not easy, is easier and more scalable than ever.

spad3

At least Switch is in stock at my gamestop.... uuuuuggghhhhh
gonna go pick one up all salty :mad:

When I reserved my SNES in store today, I just asked the lady if she had any Switches in stock, she told me that most GameStops are slowly getting some non-bundle Switches. This particular one had 2 Neon, no Grey.

Good luck!

zulux21

I already asked a mod yesterday and they said it's a free market and there's basically no policy against bragging repeatedly about scalping, as long as they don't specifically insult other posters.

I mean there is no overall rule, but there is clearly a rule in this thread.

NO RESELLING "ETHICS/MORALS/MONOLOGUE/ITHINKITS" DISCUSSION. Get out with that endless circle drama.

but that would go both ways, it wouldn't be allowed to brag about scalping nor would it be allowed to complain about it :p

Madness

I already asked a mod yesterday and they said it's a free market and there's basically no policy against bragging repeatedly about scalping, as long as they don't specifically insult other posters.

You needed to actually PM a mod for this? I loathe scalpers but what are they doing that is illegal or insulting to you?

Siphorus

I got a gamestop order in through the mobile app, and being very stubborn with paypal. However now I have 3 pending charges for 1 confirmed order. C'est La Vie

kyo2004

So... what's up about the Amazon sketchy preorder link go down?... I'm worrying that my preorder get lost and when they open a new preorder, the scalpers manage to get all the existence... :(...

Hylian7

Who said I'm gonna scalp them? 🤔🤔🤔

Y'all jumping to conclusions. I'm done posting here.
When you sit there and laugh and jokingly call everyone else that didn't get any infidels, yeah, I think you are scalping them and you're a scumbag for doing so. I honestly hope you do get banned or all your orders get cancelled.

Am I reading this right?

People want someone banned because they were able to snag multiple preorders?

gloating about snagging multiples while many of us are trying to nab a single one is a low blow and doesnt help anyone or the topic. its more derailing with "look at me lok at what i did" than anything else.

Who said I'm gonna scalp them? 🤔🤔🤔

Y'all jumping to conclusions. I'm done posting here.

People are thirsty, keep posting
hulk-smile.gif

Just let me put it in cart AGAIN at Target and this time my card was already there, and it still didn't go through.

Alright I'm done trying, hopefully the Best Buy ones from last night end up not being cancelled.

Am I reading this right?

It's a fear of scalping, but there's been murmurs of GAFfers getting some extra to spread around.

It's more a case of hating the player vs hating the game. And at this point, the game is Nintendo and this sad pre-order situation.

Heh heh...just got another one into my cart at Target, but quantity was stuck at 2 and I only wanted 1. Lost it because I tried to reduce the quantity.

Nice guys never win.

Hylian7

Am I reading this right?

They clearly want to sell them for profit, and it's an asshole thing to do saying "Haha, I got a billion of these and you all didn't even though you tried all day!"

I really believe that the guys in this thread are buying these consoles to enjoy themselves, or to gift to friends and family. This is a forum for gamers, not CAG or slickdeals. The focus here is enjoying games and the excitement that comes with getting something in limited quantities. If I can get more than one pre-order secured it's definitely going to another gaffer at cost.

So... what's up about the Amazon sketchy preorder link go down?... I'm worrying that my preorder get lost and when they open a new preorder, the scalpers manage to get all the existence... :(...

My guess is they're adding a product image and fixing/changing the name. Possibly deleting/editing orders that exceed 2 units too.

That's wishful thinking on my part though.

I really believe that the guys in this thread are buying these consoles to enjoy themselves, or to gift to friends and family. This is a forum for gamers, not CAG or slickdeals. The focus here is enjoying games and the excitement that comes with getting something in limited quantities. If I can get more than one pre-order secured it's definitely going to another gaffer at cost.

I wish I shared your optimism.

Boke1879

When you sit there and laugh and jokingly call everyone else that didn't get any infidels, yeah, I think you are scalping them and you're a scumbag for doing so. I honestly hope you do get banned or all your orders get cancelled.

Some of yall need to chill. I don't know if he's scalping them, but maybe he's just being a bit excited.

I understand it's frustrating to not get one, but hoping a poster here gets banned for maybe being a bit too excited and joking as you said. Is a bit much.

Hexer06

Just let me put it in cart AGAIN at Target and this time my card was already there, and it still didn't go through.

Alright I'm done trying, hopefully the Best Buy ones from last night end up not being cancelled.

Same happened to me earlier. It kept the previous stuff I had setup from the last time it showed up in my Cart. Still always get sent back to empty cart though. :(

chaos789

Banned
F*** Nintendo and their artificial scarcity BS. It shouldnt be this hard to pre-order a mini version of a 26 year old gaming system. Had it in my cart at Target earlier but kept telling me my credit card info was incorrect although it wasn't. I am never gonna get one of these.

Jesus. I didn't call those that didn't get it as "Infidels", I called those that asked for 10 different form of receipts as "Infidels". I'm sorry that told are missing out while I am literally buying them and showing them that it is working for me.

Sorry about that. I'm done. No need to make you all upset, I was upset too some hours ago like you...

P.S. There is no BOT! I'm literally on my phone hitting "Checkout". :/

P.P.S. $120 because CANADA.

Blizzard

Banned
You needed to actually PM a mod for this? I loathe scalpers but what are they doing that is illegal or insulting to you?
It wasn't this thread, it was another thread where someone had a junior account that almost 100% had posts bragging in multiple threads about making profit off getting 20+ SNES classics. That just seemed a bit mean -- they found a way to profit, but why rub it in people's faces repeatedly in multiple places? :p It's one thing to order 20. It's another to spam screenshots of those in a thread filled with people trying to get a single order and discussing how to do so. Anyway, it's been ruled fair game so I won't complain more about it.

I -will- complain about getting to the Target credit card screen just now, only to have an inventory error kick it out instead of the checkout finishing.

The Ummah

Banned
Got to checkout at Target. Inventory problem. Removed from cart. Closest I'm getting to a SNES Classic. I probably look like a fool at my desk right now.

Some of yall need to chill. I don't know if he's scalping them, but maybe he's just being a bit excited.

I understand it's frustrating to not get one, but hoping a poster here gets banned for maybe being a bit too excited and joking as you said. Is a bit much.

you've been here long enough to know some of the characters around here who like to stir shit up. not sure why you assume we don't or are going out of you're way to defend them.

its rather condescending to insist he has a right to be excited while ignoring that we have a right to be frustrated and not "chill".

Top Bottom