• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Chairhome

Secret?

Thinkgeek is doing in store orders if you are lucky enough to have a store near you. Mine had one left when I called from work. Sold out by the time I got there

crpav

Maybe we should just get jobs at walmart in the electronics section and get these on launch day like the modern day "hard workers"...

Megatron

I cant believe Gamestop's website is down. What a joke of a company they are. A major international company devoted to video games can't keep their website up when a new game item becomes available. (This happened with Amiibo also)

Ernest

Banned
Nintendo, if you're listening, do the right thing and crank out millions upon millions of these!

Just keep making them until they stop selling.

zma1013

I cant believe Gamestop's website is down. What a joke of a company they are. A major international company devoted to video games can't keep their website up when a new game item becomes available. (This happened with Amiibo also)

Well I mean, they do call themselves GameSTOP. Zing!!! Naaaaahhhhhaaahhahhhhh

Jafku

Got my orders in. Now when October rolls around I can sit here content that my SNES classics will be sitting in it's box. Never to see the light of day.
P R I S T I N E B O Y Z

cordy

Banned
Just spoke to an Amazon rep regarding my Amazon Gametrust order and they confirmed that it went through and I'll get it on release day even though the page isn't there anymore. Wow all because I stayed up last night. I'm free I'm saved. I didn't get an NES Classic so to finally get the SNES Classic, something far more impactful to my childhood, is amazing.

I can kind of understand it with Amiibo, because that was an insanely crazy moment in time where every GS in the country was using their online network to take pre-orders for the Ness figure.

But you'd think in the two and a half years since that happened, they'd have planned better for the future.

Boylamite

FYI for Canadian folks - just got back from Microplay to put my deposit down (called in my pre order earlier today) and they were still taking pre orders tonight.

The guy mentioned that because they are a Quebec based company, they have more allotments than expected since it can't be sold in QC. YMMV of course but that might be a good place to check if you haven't already.

dukie85

Just a heads up for people who pre-ordered through Amazon

I just spoke with a rep and told me the orders will be fulfilled, doesn't matter that the product page was taken down/is unavailable

...I didn't even realize the page was taken down until you said that

LordofPwn

One less place to worry about. Though it's kinda crazy, There's a best buy target toys r us and gamestop about a block away from each other by me.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Armageddon

QIwpvxz.png

spad3

TOYSRUS will NOT be doing pre-orders in store only on 9/29

Lines, Camps, Stampedes, Possible Theft, Possible Murders for a rehash of a 26 year old system that no one will give a flying fuck about in a year.

Ahhh just like the good ol days.

Fjordson

Man those Thinkgeek bundles are straight up heinous. But the whole situation is so fucked that it actually makes sense to buy even those before going to eBay. Goddamn.

Top Bottom