• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

sojour

So I'm guessing Target is just releasing really limited supplies gradually because some people had success with Target. (Darn them and their fast fingers!!)

Hyoukokun

It wasn't this thread, it was another thread where someone had a junior account that almost 100% had posts bragging in multiple threads about making profit off getting 20+ SNES classics. That just seemed a bit mean -- they found a way to profit, but why rub it in people's faces repeatedly in multiple places? :p Anyway, it's been ruled fair game so I won't complain more about it.

I -will- complain about getting to the Target credit card screen just now, only to have an inventory error kick it out instead of the checkout finishing.

Considering about a dozen people (myself included) just posted that they had this happen, I'm not sure it was actually working for anybody.

I feel like my only hope at this point is for Amazon to put up more stock, or to camp out day-of.

Madness

It wasn't this thread, it was another thread where someone had a junior account that almost 100% had posts bragging in multiple threads about making profit off getting 20+ SNES classics. That just seemed a bit mean -- they found a way to profit, but why rub it in people's faces repeatedly in multiple places? :p It's one thing to order 20. It's another to spam screenshots of those in a thread filled with people trying to get a single order and discussing how to do so. Anyway, it's been ruled fair game so I won't complain more about it.

I -will- complain about getting to the Target credit card screen just now, only to have an inventory error kick it out instead of the checkout finishing.

Ah that is different. I agree. My only hope of getting one now is braving launch day a few hours before they open. But I am expecting disappointment myself. I blame Nintendo for it all.

Hylian7

Prove that he is going to scalp them.
Please tell me what other reason he has to buy that many for and then gloat about it. He's said nothing a about selling them at normal price to GAFfers or anything, so the most logical conclusion is that he's either scalping them or going to put them all on a shelf and laugh maniacally.

you've been here long enough to know some of the characters around here who like to stir shit up. not sure why you assume we don't or are going out of you're way to defend them.

its rather condescending to insist he has a right to be excited while ignoring that we have a right to be frustrated and not "chill".

Nintendo turning us into savages :(

From the bottom of my heart Fuck you Nintendo. I shouldent have to buy an overpriced Bundle from Think Geek to get a SNES Classic...

Jeez. Sorry, guys. Sorry again.

Hope you all find it. I'm going to give them to my friends and family. Once I have them in my hand and they are done calling dibs, I'll give some dibs to GAF.

<3

Had the console scrip running on Target, finally added to cart. Tried to check out and somehow had 4 as the quantity. Reduced it down to 1 and it disappeared.

Please tell me what other reason he has to buy that many for and then gloat about it. He's said nothing a about selling them at normal price to GAFfers or anything, so the most logical conclusion is that he's either scalping them or going to put them all on a shelf and laugh maniacally.

Because people are losing their shit about it lol. I could easily order 20 and have them all accounted for amongst friends. So, I can't judge.

spad3

Is there a pattern to Target's availability?

We should track how often someone claims to have gotten one from Target.

Anyone sitting on their site pls post time stamp of order to help others get in.

I already have mine but I wanna help others get theirs

Pikma

Banned
Just a heads up for people who pre-ordered through Amazon

I just spoke with a rep and told me the orders will be fulfilled, doesn't matter that the product page was taken down/is unavailable

Tahnit

Banned
Its easier to go BROKE!!!! NO SNES FOR YOU!

89mI7Fp.png

IMO BAN unless he sells to gaffers at 80 U.S. Dollars and not a penny more.

Boke1879

you've been here long enough to know some of the characters around here who like to stir shit up. not sure why you assume we don't or are going out of you're way to defend them.

its rather condescending to insist he has a right to be excited while ignoring that we have a right to be frustrated and not "chill".

I'm not defending anyone. But some of you are calling for a ban simply because you're upset you can't preorder a product Nintendo continues to fumble with.

He was posting because people kept saying target was OoS and he was posting that he was able to get multiple orders through.

He had a bit of fun with it that probably wasn't a good idea considering the nature of everything, but to call for someone's ban over this is pretty petty.

He doesn't have to explain himself though. If I had the ability to get the number he did I would've and been able to make all my friends happy. Just because he is not telling us or selling them on GAF doesn't mean he is scalping.

Afrocious

Jeez. Sorry, guys. Sorry again.

Hope you all find it. I'm going to give them to my friend's and family. Once I have them in my hand and they are done calling dibs, I'll give some dibs to GAF.

<3

I do have to ask though: are you in the U.K.? Because your charges in your bank account make no sense either, even with faster shipping lol

Who has that big of a family that you needed to order that many of? Its very suspicious.

You want MORE RECEIPTS? Y'all be slipping if you doubt my track record.

I got 7 people confirmed to take it from me. I'll be back in this thread once the orders actually ship and I get them in my hands. Until then, I'm sorry for making you all salty as that wasn't my intention and my intention was to create awareness that keep on hitting that button on Target. Zero scripts, zero exploits, zero source code changing, zero battery.

zma1013

I know what we must do... when have to switch off our targeting computers... just like Luke... you guys go first, go ahead turn off your computers.

ZugZug123

This is such BS, I had notifications on for BBY and Amazon and never got ANYTHING from them. I'm debating canceling the unit I bought from the UK, which might get canned down the line by the vendor to avoid even more stress. Ugh....

Whats the trick?

Chrome browser

F12 on page

Edit forgot an important bit: Click console on the bottom of the side window that pops up.

copy
Code:
window.setInterval(() => {
  const preOrderButton = document.getElementsByClassName('sbc-add-to-cart');
	if(preOrderButton[0]) {
		preOrderButton[0].click()
    }  
}, 5000)

paste in the console

press enter

Right there with everyone on Target a couple of minutes ago.

Confirmed the card information and clicked to the final step... booted and cart emptied...

"No Sup for you!"
Soup-Nazi-Banner.jpg

zulux21

I already asked a mod yesterday and they said it's a free market and there's basically no policy against bragging repeatedly about scalping, as long as they don't specifically insult other posters.

Is there a pattern to Target's availability?

We should track how often someone claims to have gotten one from Target.

Anyone sitting on their site pls post time stamp of order to help others get in.

I already have mine but I wanna help others get theirs

I think it is mostly random but the windows were opening up every 6-10 min earlier. getting through is just going as fast as possible between adding to my cart and check out couldn't have been more than 3 seconds for me as I just quickly typed in my credit card protection code and hit confirm order without looking at anything. (everything was correct at least, but I confirmed that before getting one in my cart)

joshvester

Neo Member
I got one of the Walmart orders this morning because my girlfriend wanted one -- just very lucky to refresh at the right moment I suppose.

I was going to try and snag another one for my brother from a different pre-order...but it's hard seeing all these people that want one also struggling.

Brinbe

That target script for Chrome that GAFer posted

window.setInterval(() => {
const preOrderButton = document.getElementsByClassName('sbc-add-to-cart');
if(preOrderButton[0]) {
preOrderButton[0].click()
}
}, 5000)

worked for me. I recommend using that in a separate window and hoping for the best. I actually had two in my cart before noticing

zulux21

What does that code do?

clicks the button every 5 seconds to try to add to cart.

a much more elegant way of doing it than my autoclicker I was using :p

though if you want to give yourself an edge you could change the 5000 to 4000 as 4 seconds was what I had mine set to :p

Top Bottom