• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips |OT| Make Friendshapes Anywhere, Anytime, with Anyone

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
will buy it when I eventually get a switch, was pretty fun playing with my friend at pax south. It was the only switch game we played.

I'm surprised there has been no feedback or impressions posted, though I guess everyone's playing Zelda.

I tried the demo with my partner and it sold us on the game immediately. Snip and Clip have so much personality and are animated extremely well, with a great range of hilarious expressions. I don't know that Snipperclips will have as much appeal as a single-player game, but co-op is a blast. Trying to cooperate in order to rotate the characters to the correct orientation and not take too much off with each snip was effectively challenging. Much hilarity ensured with each puzzle. I hope there is a wealth of content on offer, but as it stands, based on the mechanics alone, Snipperclips is an absolute must buy.

TheMoon

Which is Snip and which is Clip?

This will be answered in Snipperclips 2: Cold Cuts

Is that a typo in the OP? 2 Joy-Cons but a 4 player mode?

Well yea, I copied my template from the 1-2-Switch OT which I posted moments before this one.^^

Anyone else get this one for free when buying the neon colored joy-cons?

For free? That's a dedicated EU-only bundle. It's not free, you just got a good deal or something.

ToTi

I played the demo (2 players), there are three levels available. They are the same that were played in the treehouse.

Mr Swine

Banned
Just bought the joy on Neon controller that includes Snipperclips, can't wait to play this with my siblings 😊

Cowie

Played the first.. 12ish levels with a friend last night, really enjoying it! Some neat twists on the puzzles so far, looking forward to see just how crazy things get.

Fireblend

Banned
Any reports on how long this is yet? Even if no review codes were sent out I'm amazed at the lack of info considering several people should've had access to it already, haha.

How big is the download? Don't plan on doing a lot of download only games on this thing but I have friends who wanna play Switch this weekend and this seems like it'd be a good game to have for that.

Rezbit

Played this for a couple hours tonight. Not sure how single player would go as I haven't tried it but can confirm its a fantastic "partner" game, even for those who aren't gamers. Very accessible with split joycon and requires a good amount of communication!

krumble

First game me and my partner played - we loved it and had loads of fun (and lots of shouting at each other!) lol

We played it for one hour earlier today with my wife and went through a dozen levels. It's tremendous fun. I have no idea how good it will be in the long run, but it's a perfect showcase for tabletop mode.

I may buy this when i get my swich on monday. Seeing the joycons in the main image in OT gives me a question though.

I thought to do local mp i could just slide the joycons off of the switch and use them as 2 controllers...but in the pic, they each have a grip/cap thing that add the shoulder buttons. Are those caps extra pieces I have to constantly carry around?

Edit: I see product listings for the "straps" say it makes pressing Sl and Sr (that's really what the buttons are called? Weird) easier, so i guess it's optional/preferred.

Bought this on Amazon, will install tonight on Switch. Watching the videos it's pretty clear they used some Animal Crossing, cut music, some of those sounds and music effects are straight out of Animal Crossing.

Rezbit

I may buy this when i get my swich on monday. Seeing the joycons in the main image in OT gives me a question though.

I thought to do local mp i could just slide the joycons off of the switch and use them as 2 controllers...but in the pic, they each have a grip/cap thing that add the shoulder buttons. Are those caps extra pieces I have to constantly carry around?

Two "joycon grips" come with the system and are optional. They just add a bit more heft to the individual joycons and makes it easier to hit the L and R buttons.

How many stages in the first world? Can you tell how many worlds there are?
15 stages in first world, no way to tell how many worlds there are afaik since you can't see them before they're unlocked.

You can unlock the next world by only completing 10 out of the 15 stages.

Mariolee

Anyome getting Joycom desyncing specifically with this game in docked mode? Like the Joycons are registered as one controller on the Home screen but as soon as I open up the game even at the start menu they lose their connection and then end up being registered as two separate controllers.

rockx4

I played the demo with my 4year old nephew, was really surprised how fast he caught on. The basketball level, right away he saw we needed to press the button. After I cut his character to press the button and he saw the ball drop, he immediately said "It needs to go in the basket". I'll probably get the full game once my sister's Switch arrives so she'll have her own Joycons to bring over.

Haines

Banned
I can't justify buying this when I have horizon and zelda.

Glad there is a demo and will def own it someday.

richd_3

First Switch game I played (Zelda was downloading). So much fun! Played for two hours and we only stopped because I fell asleep at 3am. Looking forward to unlocking more levels and also replaying these with different people.

Peltz

Anyome getting Joycom desyncing specifically with this game in docked mode? Like the Joycons are registered as one controller on the Home screen but as soon as I open up the game even at the start menu they lose their connection and then end up being registered as two separate controllers.

This game is only compatible with holding the joycon sideways as an individual controller.

shtolky

I bought this yesterday and played it with my wife for about 30 minutes. We had a blast. It's a lot of fun and if you have someone to play it with I highly recommend it. Charming and very fun.

Nbz

Can this be played Single player at all? And if so, is it any good compared to the multiplayer?

weekev

Banned
Can this be played Single player at all? And if so, is it any good compared to the multiplayer?
You can play in single player, apparently it's a button push to switch characters. Can't see it being as fun on your own though.

Top Bottom