• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Gears of War Judgement has leaked to the web...

There's one on the Xbox dashboard front and center. That's the MP one I watched.

I watched that video like 5 times. I think it looks fantastic. I love how vertical the levels are now, the sticky and recon gernades look like great additions, I like all the changes they are making to stop all the shot gunners. PCF really seem to be bringing a lot of good ideas to this series. I really hope that it catches on and a lot of this stuff makes it into GoW 4.

I watched that video like 5 times. I think it looks fantastic. I love how vertical the levels are now, the sticky and recon gernades look like great additions, I like all the changes they are making to stop all the shot gunners. PCF really seem to be bringing a lot of good ideas to this series. I really hope that it catches on and a lot of this stuff makes it into GoW 4.

I'm happy for PCF that at least someone is excited.

nel e nel

Unfortunately, they are removing down but not out and executions as well as the King of the Hill and Capture the Leader modes. Removal of executions means that one of the favorite modes - Execution - is out too. Also, no more fighting locusts in competitive (yes, I get that it's post-pendulum wars so it's more of a civil war motif, but still). Sawed off now gets two rounds per re-load.

They are going to alienate a lot of longtime fans of the series.

I do think the whole declassified campaign missions mechanic sounds interesting, but not enough for a day 1 purchase.

Ghazi

Lol, so glad I decided not to give a shit about this game after its initial announcement. They should have delayed the damn thing and made it a next gen launch title.
They had lots of time and we still got only this, delaying it would've done nothing.

On the side note, Gears 3 Season Pass was so worth it.

Grisby

Shame about the map count if true. I'm weak though and I'll probably still be getting it. Wasn't going to buy crysis 3 and there's a copy in my truck right now.
I was actually referring to the leaked videos/streams. they're all probably gone now though.
Ah. Yeah, probably.

On the side note, Gears 3 Season Pass was so worth it.

True.
It's the only season pass I've ever purchased.
Sooooooo much content!!!

Weapon skins, new multiplayer characters, new maps, re-made old maps, a new single player campaign with new playable characters, new modes...
it's staggering.

Ghazi

True.
It's the only season pass I've ever purchased.
Sooooooo much content!!!

Weapon skins, new multiplayer characters, new maps, re-made old maps, a new single player campaign with new playable characters, new modes...
it's staggering.
It's better than what other games offer, doesn't hurt that Raam's Shadow was actually good and fun. Guardian was the best part of it though IMO.

Maximus.

Utter shit? Well god damn, I'm always stunned when I read such strong opinions that differ so heavily from my own. Even if you didn't enjoy the game all that much there's enough quality there that labeling it "utter shit" just seems silly. :\

I was a HUGE fan of Gears 1. First 360 game I owned. The second game was ok, but the online multiplayer was a wreck for a long time. Gears 3 campaign was so bad and boring compared to the first two. I was so disappointed with the 3rd game coming from the quality time i spent with the first two. I played all 3 games with the same person in local coop, and we shared the same sentiment. I stand by calling the game utter shit. I still love the first 2 games though.

I'm really liking the vertical aspects as well. The breechshot and the other midrange COG sniper look sweet. Also, the new sticky grenades are gonna be so helpful now that they get stuck to enemies after they been thrown, instead of just bouncing off.

I'm really liking the vertical aspects as well. The breechshot and the other midrange COG sniper look sweet. Also, the new sticky grenades are gonna be so helpful now that they get stuck to enemies after they been thrown, instead of just bouncing off.

i wonder if they stick to your feet if you walk over them. this actually happens in the current games too.

I am loving the sticky grenades. It totally explains why they took out stopping power to.

i wonder if they stick to your feet if you walk over them. this actually happens in the current games too.

I don't see why not. If you can throw one and it sticks, I'd assume throwing one in front of someone and then them walking on it would get stuck to them. But who knows, we just gotta wait and see.

Moofers

So execution is coming as (free) DLC, along with 2 maps, courtesy of Maxim. Release April 2nd.

http://epicgames.com/community/2013/02/maxim-delivers-execution-mode-and-two-multiplayer-maps/

Imagine one map is for competitive, the other for the co-op modes... the Maxim article only mentions the one map but the Epic game link mentions two, so I'm a bit confused now.

Yeah I find this very weird that a staple mode the Gears community was built on is coming as DLC that had to get sponsored by a titty-magazine. I'm glad its in there now, but many of the decisions made in this game's development have just baffled me. AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY HORDE 3.0?

Yeah I find this very weird that a staple mode the Gears community was built on is coming as DLC that had to get sponsored by a titty-magazine. I'm glad its in there now, but many of the decisions made in this game's development have just baffled me. AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY HORDE 3.0?

The declassified missions seems to be very horde like from what we have seen so far.

The declassified missions seems to be very horde like from what we have seen so far.
The way I understand it the campaign has mini-horde segments where you have to hold down a defensive line against a few waves with some static defenses to help. Declassified missions ask you to play through certain campaign segments with a handicap of some kind (only use X weapon, etc.) for a higher score.

Horde versus, or Overrun seems to be what Horde has evolved into in Judgment though.

Moofers

No, videos have shown that Survival IS the new Horde. Its not Horde 3.0, its just a new design for Horde. Its the same thing as OverRun where the Cogs have to defend E-Hole covers and then fall back as they are lost. Looks like it only goes 10 waves too, which is a real fucking bummer.

Also I've observed that there's no purchasing of fortifications, they are already placed around the map for you at the start. No upgrades, no choosing where they go, etc. Its all pre-set, so I say again, huge fucking bummer.

I'm a Horde freak. I played with a team that cracked the top 20 on several maps and we were really seriously into it. For our favorite mode to get such a big downgrade is pretty disappointing. I'll wait for the big reveal this Sunday though and see what they have to say about it before I make any rash decisions about swearing off Judgment though.

Top Bottom