• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, uh, the crazy buttocks on a train (CBOAT) is back?

Banned
Shouldn't a Halo 5 announcement be saved for E3? Or will they just confirm it will be shown at E3 tomorrow?

Kalamari

You guys are crazy and setting yourselves up for disappointment.

You can't kill our sky-high expectations! :)

It clearly means that a Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Halo fighting game is coming. It sounds like the greatest game ever made in the history of making things.

Simo

So...
  • CBOAT thinks new Halo is shaping up to be GOTG quality.
  • Googles "gotg" to find Guardians of the Galaxy artwork and stills as first result.
  • Picks first movie image that comes up.
  • Posts in Halo 4 GAF thread.
  • Now apparently Halo 5 news incoming tomorrow at 6am EST/3am PST.

So...
  • Googles "gotg" to find Guardians of the Galaxy artwork and stills as first result.
  • Now apparently Halo 5 news incoming tomorrow at 12pm EST/9am PST.

I thought it was 6 am eastern?

But why not save that for E3? Are sales really so Terrible that they have to get these news pieces out early?

It was the Sony strategy for years and years. I would say this is the first year sony has been silent leading up to E3.

Microsoft really is the new (old) Sony isnt it?

CBOAT is back?

I am wet as fuck

image.php

rrc1594

So...

Well when you put it that way....

BTM

So...

I'm assuming you mean Game of the Generation quality, because that would be fantastic.

Simo

I'm assuming you mean Game of the Generation quality, because that would be fantastic.

Yeah only thing I can think of.

I mean I got the same results. Google Image "gotg" and you get Guardians of the Galaxy movie stuff and that photo CBOAT used is in the first set and was used in an article 3 months ago.

MattyG

Banned
Yeah, Shinobi seems incredibly certain that it's Halo 5. If true, MS must be either very confident in their E3 lineup or very desparate to try to get any press whatsoever. Hopefully it's the former.

Bsigg12

New theory, Halo 5 to revolve the story of multiple playable characters, not just the Chief, and the battle against the Prometheans and the Didact.

manual4

Banned
Snowbau5 ‏@Ohlmay 2m
@shinobi602 7 hours and 20 minutes, you better not be lying, Halo is my favourite franchise <3 pic.twitter.com/JFC1XAeqt1

shinobi602 &#8207;@shinobi602 42s
@Ohlmay Had more than one person confirm it.

thinking-o.gif

Andodalf

Banned
New theory, Halo 5 to revolve the story of multiple playable characters, not just the Chief, and the battle against the Prometheans and the Didact.

You mean the iso Didact!

People who didn't read the books are going to be super lost again.

So...
  • Now apparently Halo 5 news incoming tomorrow at 6am EST/3am PST.

I googled GOTG and I couldn't find the pic he uploaded.

Dont know if anyone already posted this idea but. Iron man = master chief, there are 5 heroes in that pick, and galaxy = Halo. Longshot but hey its butts.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Halo 5, Please be excited.

I'm not. I just don't care about it anymore. Did not care for 4 whatsoever and didn't find it fun and instead found it to be an absolute slog.

If they introduce or finish their briefing with that game, I'm going to be annoyed.

Unless of course they completely blow my pants off with it then I will happily eat crow.

Microsoft don't get forced to do anything. Phil already tweeted we'd get a couple of things other than sunset overdrive news this month. Presumably kinect less xb1 was the first and second will be well. Something else.

A lot of time left in May still though…

Oh come on. You can be a fan of a company, but you can't honestly believe companies don't react to the market accordingly, especially when they are losing in a market they once dominated handily over their direct competitor.

ryan299

There's rumors of Halo 5 being open world. Galaxy in GOTG means we'll explore the galaxy like in Mass Effect. I don't know but I do want the game to go open world and have RPG elements.

Persona7

Banned
Since when did CBoat start doing ambiguous shit? That's the domain of Gopher and DemonNite. He's the one that's supposed to state things explicitly but in cboatese. :/

I noticed that as well.

Maybe something to do with that recent scare? I don't know.

Top Bottom