• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... What's everyone playing?

Andyliini

Just finished Pokemon Gold on 3DS (not going to play Mt. Silver and the final superboss), and began Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. It's great.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I've been on a GBA run recently and doing a Castlevania back to back session.

Completed Circle of the Moon already and I'm almost done with Harmony of Dissonance, then after that I will start Aria of Sorrow.

Such fantastic games, glad I finally got around to play the handheld series since I had them in my collection for the longest time. I consider Symphony of the Night one of the greatest games of all time... so playing this series just brings back all the beautiful memories, seeing all familiar enemies and hearing the timeless musical score is such a satisfying feeling.

After this I will be heading to the DS series.

Order of Ecclesia was the pinnacle of the DS games for me. Portrait of Ruin was a lot of fun, but it was probably due the portraits themselves that made OoE top my list.

Been playing Divinity Original Sin on PS4

Everyone one saying the sequel DOS2 was so good. And I have a PC that can play it. But I wanted to play 1 first.

And man its good! I don't know how this went under my radar!

Its like an old school bioware baulders gate game but with some aspects of the xcom games too. Its totally my jam.

My only complaints are: That it is hella long. The world is a bit too big for the the quest system to handle. And it gets a little overwhelming without the help of a walkthrough when you get stuck. Also the console menus are not as good as the PC ver. And dialogue system covers the character graphics in cut scenes.

But otherwise loving it. My chars are lvl16 so I think I have played like 75% of it now. Would love to try the coop mode sometime.

kunonabi

Playing Escape From Bug Island for the Wii right now. The game gets pretty frustrating at parts but it's too funny for me to give up on.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
What did you think of The Evil Within 2?

I enjoyed it for the most part. The last third of the game was easily better than the first TEW and RE7 in my opinion. The first two thirds are good too but I was so happy that the last third didn't fall off which was one of my concerns going into the game. Definitely better visually and while more chapters than not have excellent atmosphere, the open ended chapters have a good look and vibe to it but because it's open ended areas, the atmosphere is lacking. Gameplay is improved over the original game. My only complaint is the camera zooms in way too close when aiming to where it becomes aggravating and frustrating if enemies get right in your face as you will miss shots unless you're using the shotgun. Story and characters aren't great but good, better than the first and it kept my interest for the entire game where as the first one didn't. Overall, I rated it an 8.5/10 personally. Same rating as the first game. Both for different reasons though. I do have a spoiler tagged post in the OT for the game with there being only one story spoiler but it's not really major and doesn't affect the ending or what happens. Up to you if you want to read it.

Horror/Halloween-themed games for me. Cycling through The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Costume Quest 2, Amnesia Collection. We'll see from there.

AGITΩ

I've been replaying Xenoblade 1 on Wii U VC in prep for XC2. Though with AC:O And Mario on Friday, my playthrough will instantly be backlogged.

KLoWn

Trying to finish Oxenfree before Odyssey drops. It's good, but the mystery doesn't really grip me as much as I'd hope.

Aretak

I started Rise of the Tomb Raider again. I've had a save at about 20% complete for a year or so and kept trying to go back to it and not knowing what I was doing and getting bored and giving up, so it seemed the right move. I'd forgotten how good the start of the game is, and how incredible it looks maxed out on PC. Hopefully I'll get through it this time.

ptuck874

just finished Hue (I liked it, good puzzles, some were tricky to me lol) and playing Sky Force now (and still trying to get through backlog with Mad Max)....

Nights in the wood. On second run now, I picked Bea on my first go.
I don't get any comments from Angus for finishing Demontower I wonder if he was supposed to say something?

MrMephistoX

A game called trying and failing to find a replacement? This is so weird all my subscribed threads are dead so I guess I’ll play MvCI instead of talking about it?

MadeULook

Currently going through all the Ys games. Finished up Ys I & 2 and am currently working on Orgin. Finished up with Yunica and currently working though Hugo's path. Been really enjoying them so far.

red731

After -89 streak in BoI I beat mom's heart yesterday.

That reinstated my urgent need to play it whenever I will have time and possibly learn to speed run it for fun.

I just must push forward.

Isn't BoI on switch too? Google, hi.

ed: the Switch will prolly replace me buying 1080... I can commute with one, not with the second.

Varg

Banned
South Park has me hooked !!! 14 hours in and I feel like the ending is right around the corner . Just collecting all the final trophies . Have ass creed preordered for when I get off work tonight to play . Then I got cod the following week. Gaming has been good this fall.

Kylarean

Taking a break from FF12 after doing most of the hunts. Playing through Stick of Truth before going on the The Fractured But Whole.

Yazuka

I'm currently playing South Park The Fractured But Whole and I'm enjoying it very much.
Love the humor and it's fun to play.

Top Bottom