• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's on your wish list for Animal Crossing on the Switch?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Animal Crossing GAF what do you want to see from Animal Crossing Switch? What's on your wish list?

What do you want to see improved upon from the recent 3DS releases and what do you want that's brand new?

Tell us your hopes and dreams for Animal Crossing Switch edition!

Matesamo

To tie in with the cell phone games. I have 4 3DS systems in our house with four copies of Animsl Crossing. I cannot afford to do that with the Switch and I know everyone will want to play it.

OmegaFax

Zoning. Being able to section off different parts of your town for different things: Residential, Projects, Shops, etc.

watershed

Banned
New Leaf felt like the freshest entry since the original and the amiibo update adding the HHD interface was a huge step in the right direction. I want the devs to keep making AC fresh with new features and some aesthetic reinvention. Most of all, I don't want a City Folk-like sequel

javadoze

The ability to change the landscape of your village, whether it be the location of houses and landmarks or the way the river flows throughout.

What I'm saying is that your character was a mayor before. So the logical progression is to make them into a god.

"Animal Crossing: Godhood" releasing 2018

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Just give it to me and don't fill it with gimmicks. I just want Animal Crossing on the go anywhere with the option of also playing on my TV. Gimmie Switch Animal Crossing. It'll be the first AC game I buy since the GameCube one.

ReaperXL7

That's where I am right now. We know Nintendo's plans through 2018 and Animal Crossing is not mentioned yet. I really need the game to be a thing in 2019.

Technically Nintendo has announced plans for Animal Crossing. Only slight issue is that it's for mobile instead of the Switch currently.

Personally my hope is that it will have couch co op, my daughter loved it on 2DS and I think it be great if we could play together easily.

BiggNife

Allow the post office to actually act as a post office and send messages to other towns online. Having to go to someone's town to send a message is super silly.

Make it easier to place stuff in town, similar to what happy home did for houses. Placing a sidewalk tile by tile in NL was torture.

Being able to decide where new houses are added instead of just praying that they're where you want them to be.

More random events! Stuff like taking Katie other towns in NL was fun, there should be more stuff that's a little more involved.

More minigames to play with friends. If puzzle league and desert island escape return, allow them to be played online with friends.

Neoxon

The city in City Folk was a great idea, but I'd like for the next game to expand on it. Allow us to choose between living in the city or in the town & visit the other. Let the city be just as big as the regular town.

Oh yeah, & also add the ability to give the role of mayor to another user.

Mephala

Let me first quote myself from the other thread.
I had a longer list at one point.

• Pathing/paving feature
  • Removed flowers from the construction goes to lose and found or flea market.
  • Isabelle will ask for assistance on the placement of new residence... If you leave it then she decides for you.
  • Daylight savings
  • A hair salon catalogue with pictures for face and hair. Get rid of that cryptic Q&A nonsense except maybe for character creation. We all just look it up online any way. Maybe have a variety of different catalogues you can trade in other towns and collect.
  • When your mail box is full new stuff goes to a vault in the PO. You pay some bells to get your goodies. Pelican still gets cranky.
  • Tool bag that doesn't take up pocket space for your can, shovel etc.
  • Online Nintendo Hub Town that you can join to meet randoms, mini games and get check out new events. Regularly updated.
  • Season flip for us southern hemisphere folk
  • More kiddy animals. Maybe introduce animal families, restrict to one or two per town. It includes a parent or two and some children. They have a larger house!
  • Town expansion upgrade.
  • More activities. Cooking is a great example. Designing stuff could be fun too.
  • Expand custom furniture and clothing
  • Larger catalogue. Maybe have some more regional specific stuff for trading and online encouragement.
  • More part time jobs
  • More daily tasks for different rewards or more to spend meow tokens on.
  • Get rid of those walking coin currencies, I hate those and can never get them without spending half an hour gently tapping the ass of my 3DS.
  • I think it is time to introduce a new tool/activity. We have bugs, fish, diving, balloons and gardening so far.
  • Would it be weird if we could get a pet? O_O

For the switch

• Second resident for Co op would be great.
  • some collaboration events might be nice!

BiggNife

That's where I am right now. We know Nintendo's plans through 2018 and Animal Crossing is not mentioned yet. I really need the game to be a thing in 2019.

You mean FY 2018, right?

I feel like there's totally a chance we'll get AC in the second half of 2018. AFAIK, the only 2018 games Nintendo has announced for Switch are Kirby and Yoshi. Nintendo has been super nebulous about a release date for MP4 and I wouldn't be surprised if its 2019.

The only thing I've really wanted since Wild World has been an always online town so friends can share a town. But I really doubt Nintendo will make that a reality any time soon.

At least bring back some of the passive online features, like the constellations.

jph139

In theory, I want to say "more player choice" - stuff like zoning, customization, and so on, which there's a million ways to streamline and improve the experience. But at the same time, those weird limitations feel like part of the charm for me, like you're really inhabiting a world rather than playing some sort of a sim/god game. So it's a fine line to walk. Hopefully they do it well.

Oh, wait, skin color options. Absolutely zero excuse not to have them at this point. I think HHD let you choose so that's a good sign.

Stoplook

Neo Member
Improved dialogue, like maybe stop telling me how to pick apples after I've logged 80 hrs into the game? I think that's something people got real tired of seeing in New Leaf. Most of all though I'd just like confirmation something is in the works. Not even a screencap of the phone app so far, Nintendo what's up?

New residents should only be able to move into lots determined by the player. It frustrates me to no end to have some asshole build their shit right on my path or flower bed.

Bane

A better inventory system is the biggest thing for me. A toolbox would be a great start but little qol things like stacking items automatically and space upgrades still being absent are baffling.

Then bring over ideas from Happy Home Designer. When a resident wants to move into your town, have them stop by the office first and let you design their home layout. Then public works projects like schools and whatnot that you get to design.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Change the camera angle so I'd be to explore a town like the MK8 course with fully controllable camera facing behind the character.

Camjo-Z

I just want them to finally evolve the series. We've basically gotten the same game 4 times now (5 if you want to count Animal Forest) with small additions here and there, it's time to do something new.

More wilderness around town and variety of activities therein.

More interactivity with some indoor items.

More complex interaction between villagers to meddle in.

Clefargle

All the furniture from previous games

All the villagers from previous games

Amiibo / card support

HHD control scheme for moving furniture and placing things outside

More customization options and ore types

Online functionality that works well and is quick

So not TOO much

NewGame

Banned
So many things. I wish I could be the director for this game I would make it perfect AKA: you'd get the feels of the GameCube version but with the simplicity and functionality of the 3DS version

Choomp

Banned
For it to exist :(.

Same. It could just be New Leaf with new Villagers, textures, hollidays, and other characters and I'd be satisfied. But I'm also happy knowing that they'll probably add much more than that. Excited to see what they do, hopefully we hear stuff soon. (New Leaf was such a hit and there's an app planned so it's probably more of a "when" question rather than "if".)

Meesh

I'd like to able to abuse the neighbors I don't like with actual results. And I'm willing to suffer the consequences. (I still hate you Benedict)

BiggNife

I just want them to finally evolve the series. We've basically gotten the same game 4 times now (5 if you want to count Animal Forest) with small additions here and there, it's time to do something new.

I mean, are AC sequels any different from Pokemon sequels? They each add super important incremental improvements and quality of life changes because the core gameplay is so beloved. I think if they gave AC a massive reworking the fans would riot.

Also I think you're underplaying how massive of an improvement New Leaf is from City Folk, especially with the Welcome Amiibo update.

Josh5890

Improvements

• Put all of my tools in a tool box, and not take up most of my inventory slots
  • When I pick up multiples of the same fruit, automatically stack them
  • Put safeguards up to protect town when you have visiters
  • Use the post office to send notes to your friends in other towns
  • Make road paving much easier
  • Make the salon easier to you, less surprise

New Ideas
  • More variety in animals
  • More animals can move in
  • Like the poster said above, a couple families would be awesome
  • Add an eatery place
  • A simple online trading system for furniture and other items

• Amiibo support with themed neighbors based on the Amiibo you scanned.
• Easier ways to send people stuff. Like let me hire a delivery company to just go to my house, pick up an item, and send it off to a friend.
• Make Golden Axes much easier to obtain.
• More mini games as systems, a la the 3DS and Wii U in New Leaf and the NES Classics on the GameCube version.

• Or give me the GameCube version with zero improvements. I'd be fine with that I guess.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'd like to able to abuse the neighbors I don't like with actual results. And I'm willing to suffer the consequences. (I still hate you Benedict)
Yo, how cool would it be if you harass a villager too much and you get arrested for a set amount of time?

Top Bottom