• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's on your wish list for Animal Crossing on the Switch?

Let me first quote myself from the other thread.

For the switch

• Second resident for Co op would be great.
  • some collaboration events might be nice!

Everything here, especially having the opportunity to place new residents where you want them to go.
I want to be able to craft my own town over time.

More activities/ways to earn money. Bug island runs burnt me out on the 3ds game originally. Less/no time gating for essentials. Pay more bells to have tasks completed faster or something. Larger map, more villagers, have actual minigames with appropriate furniture, for example you could play hoops in a very simple way if you got all the basketball items. Pets. More community(npc+player, not something online) events.

Just a lot more variety in general. Also, make it so you can skip text instantly, and intro/repetitive text with linked animations/pauses can also be skipped.

MikeyB

No degrading grass. Fewer sea bass. Faster shortcuts through dialogue of anybody you buy from and sell to.

It could really be New Leaf with minor tweaks and better graphics. I also wouldn't mind if the game would push a "newspaper" to my email, announcing items on sale, visitors, people moving, etc.

batfax

give me the g logo and n logo furniture items back already, nintendo

edit: and give Cube his shirt back too

Built in HHD mechanics as well as a full character creator like HHD. I really want a yard to customize. Streamline town visiting. Having to save, watch cutscenes, etc. is a chore. Just allow them to join and boom they are there. More activities and mini jobs to earn money and get rid of the beetle cheese and stuff like that. Stuff like that is boring, but the best way to make money by a laaaaarge margin. Creating fun mini games for cash would be a better idea thats equivalent to selling stuff and what not. That way you can sell do work and all sorts of stuff for money without feeling like something is way better than doing another thing and keeping it fresh.

Delio

Just more things to do in the town. Also if you are the mayor again i want to be able to zone areas myself for housing and such. I get tired of people making houses where i have flowers set up ;_;.

Phu

Banned
More locations. Gimme a proper park, a mountain trail, a harbor, a more dense forest area, just more places to do more things/have more variety for things we already do. There's a lot of things they could add while still keeping the 'small, quiet village' thing the series has going on.

The town setups we've had have changed very little over the years. I'm a little tired of just having this big square with a river in the middle, a tiny beach at the bottom, sparse trees, and buildings more or less randomly strewn about. Actually, I'm more than a little tired of how scattershot and disorganized the towns are.

The option to ask villagers for a job. In the GC Animal Crossing this was my favorite way to spend time, but it hasn't been in any of the newer games.

Zeroro

I think it's safe to assume they'll put in a bunch of QoL improvements, but I really want there to be more meaningful interactions with the villagers and more things to do with them in general.

My biggest wish would be for them to trim the clunkiness that really wears down on me after a while (general interface, excessive unskippable dialogue when booting the game, exiting stores, etc).

Also make it look as good as the Mario Kart course :)

Camjo-Z

I mean, are AC sequels any different from Pokemon sequels? They each add super important incremental improvements and quality of life changes because the core gameplay is so beloved. I think if they gave AC a massive reworking the fans would riot.

Also I think you're underplaying how massive of an improvement New Leaf is from City Folk, especially with the Welcome Amiibo update.

I find myself similarly getting tired of Pokemon's resistance to change, Moon is the first game in the series where I didn't even bother completing the main story. The battle system is still great but everything else is just so stale at this point.

As for New Leaf, I stopped playing long before the Welcome Amiibo update but even with all the QOL changes and incremental improvements it was still not very different from the Gamecube version.

BTA

I feel like I don't want to hope for too much, because New Leaf did a lot of cool things but if I hope for specific things I'll be disappointed about not having them?

I think realistically I'd like the mayor stuff to stay (in some form), and for them to add better path making stuff as part of that because it should be really clear to them how common it is for people go out of their way so they can use patterns for that.

More skin tones is something that merits being disappointed about if it's not in, even if I'd personally still be using the one characters have currently.

Some more multiplayer focused stuff besides minigames would be rad, though I wonder if that might be a better fit for the phone game.

Marrying Isabelle.

(Someone had to say it)
e4e3365781dd7d70d097a7fbc98fc572--dream-come-true-a-dream.jpg

limlark

For it to exist :(.

Allow the post office to actually act as a post office and send messages to other towns online. Having to go to someone's town to send a message is super silly.

Oh, wait, skin color options. Absolutely zero excuse not to have them at this point. I think HHD let you choose so that's a good sign.

New residents should only be able to move into lots determined by the player. It frustrates me to no end to have some asshole build their shit right on my path or flower bed.

More interactivity with some indoor items.

More complex interaction between villagers to meddle in.

More customization options and ore types

Online functionality that works well and is quick
All of these, and also:

Remove the alternate running animation from wearing skirts and dresses.
Let me put PWPs wherever I want, without the empty space requirements.
Make it a little easier to unlock new PWPs. I'm 700+ hours in and still can't build a bunch of the things I want to build.
Same with art for the museum. I only need a few more pieces, but I only get to shop for them once a week and there are so many repeats.
In fact, maybe rework the art thing altogether. It's weirdly real-world and human-centric and doesn't really fit in.
Remove overlap between kinds of animals that can be people, and that can be caught (frog, octopus) or kept as items (doghouse, birdcage, etc).
Stop letting sea-floor creatures swim outside the ocean boundaries.
Allow MANY more gyroids to play at the same time in your house. 4 is not nearly enough. GC version didn't have this limit, and I don't know why it was introduced.
Allow items to be placed on wall shelves (ideally including gyroids).
No more amiibo-exclusive items.
Let spruce trees grow everywhere in town, not just the north half. The place is like 1 square mile.
A larger allowance of custom designs.
Higher rate of conversations between animal neighbors. I love them all, but I so rarely catch any of them.
Add bells directly into the wallet instead of the pocket when picking them up by hand.
More neighbor personality types. In my dream version, they'd each have unique lines, but I know that's not feasible.
And I'd like a Red wood furniture set, to go along with the Green and Blue sets.

I think that's it.

shiftcaps

Neo Member
- Unlimited, or many more, slots for custom patterns.
- Tools for building your own items
- Cheaper upgrades to prevent hours of mindless beetle grinding to pay off a minor room expansion
- The addition of an online hub world

And, I don't care if it's unrealistic, just BRING BACK THE DAMN NES GAMES. If Nintendo can package 30 NES games - some of them licensed from other publishers - with actual hardware for $59.99, surely they can throw a dozen first-party NES games into Animal Crossing for the Switch without going out of business. No collectible in the series has ever compared to those NES games in the Gamecube version. Bring em back.

Let me beat the shit out of Tom Nook and begin the Proleteriat Revolution in my AC town
I want to be mayor again.

Nicolada

Make it so that your fav villager who you talk to a bunch and give stuff to doesn't move out because you don't play for a week.

Oh and more interactivity, mini-games, town happenings, better night life, events, etc. I'm pretty fine with how decorating and stuff works, but I just wish there was more to actually do in town.

I have no clue. New Leaf was so good tho and I desperately want another one. I hope for a new one that moves the franchise forward like New Leaf. I don't want New Leaf expansion pack.

I would be happy with a larger town (even 50% would do, but preferably 100-150%) and the ability control villager house zoning so someone doesn't move into your flower patch. Other than that New Leaf was already pretty damn perfect, especially after that amiibo patch.

Oh! Speaking of amiibo, give me even more Nintendo themed amiibo villagers. The ones in New Leaf were fun. Like Yoshi or DK.

Lemrik

Neo Member
I need this game so much in my life!

- more online options (Co-Op maybe)
- bigger town
- 24h Shops
- get rid of that all-year-summer-island
- char creator
- some kind of hub-world where you drive in a car and visit more towns with different shops and stuff

I hope they ditch that rolling 3D effect for the ground. I've never liked it. Since the Switch has dual-analogs they can let us control the camera and give us terrain with varying heights.

I should be able to let people on my friends list enter my town even when I'm not playing. There could be a setting that I can toggle that either allows them to make changes or not be able to make changes to my town. Perhaps that's what "best friends" in my friends list could be for.

I'd like to be able to hear a doorbell or something when I am in my town if others want to visit or recieve an instant letter or something when a friend invites me to their town.

It should be MUCH easier to communicate and gather with friends overall.

Make it super pretty with a bunch of shaders and effects and lighting given how "light" the game is computationally. If they didn't have to pay I'd love for them to make it on UE4. Would save a ton of time making it look graphically amazing and hell, you could get the game up and running really quickly.

LogicAirForce

Neo Member
I'd like for there to be some way to order any item in the game, without having to buy it first like you do with the catalog. Maybe make it a special reward after getting a certain amount of progress in the game. In NL I need a kotatsu to complete my Japanese style home,I saw one around the time I started the game and I didn't get it because I didn't know at the time what sort of house I wanted. I haven't seen one since, and that was almost 2 years ago 😭

Decider

Crime.
Not really.

A roommate, who will develop more complex interactions with you. The boundary of the town expanding over time. A consistent stream of online events and updates over at least two years.

I never played the newer ones much after the Gamecube version, did they ever add in a suitable replacement for NES games? I know there's no way they'd bring those back, but I'd like it if they had something at least on the level of those Splatoon mini-games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know they want it to make it so some items are exclusive, but we really should be able to reorder anything.

Obviously you lose achievements like finally getting enough dog balloons to fill a room, but at the same time it would allow more freedom for decorating your pad.

Well, at least apply this to outfits so you can potentially decorate a room with gracie textile designs if you so wish.

Speaking of textiles, more (if not all) furniture should allow fabric re-designs. In New Leaf, the Alpine series was pretty much the best furniture set because you could change the fabric. The problem was, you really didn't want to keep using the same furniture in all your rooms. The Minimalist series, for example, is just white blank canvases - you could easily apply a fabric texture to them.

I never played the newer ones much after the Gamecube version, did they ever add in a suitable replacement for NES games? I know there's no way they'd bring those back, but I'd like it if they had something at least on the level of those Splatoon mini-games.
New Leaf now has it's own version of Puzzle League a.k.a. Tetris Attack

piggychan

A better social hub that houses more than 4 players where you can travel to and meet random players chat and decide if you want to befriend / block them.

Also include a social city area a place where you can buy/sell items and auction them 24/7

Remix the music tracks from the gamecube version.

The ability to change skin tones permanently

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A better social hub that houses more than 4 players where you can travel to and meet random players chat and decide if you want to befriend / block them.

Since Streetpass is no more, a social hub where you could see the house designs of others would be great.

Kikorin

- More than 10 Villagers in your City
- Possibility to save infinte/a lot of patterns for floor, etc...
- Faster transition between places (Island, friend's cities)
- Biggest houses and happy home designer like method to furnish them
- Integration with the online app similar to Splatoon 2 where you can order new things when you are not playing

- Unlimited, or many more, slots for custom patterns.
- Tools for building your own items
- Cheaper upgrades to prevent hours of mindless beetle grinding to pay off a minor room expansion
- The addition of an online hub world

And, I don't care if it's unrealistic, just BRING BACK THE DAMN NES GAMES. If Nintendo can package 30 NES games - some of them licensed from other publishers - with actual hardware for $59.99, surely they can throw a dozen first-party NES games into Animal Crossing for the Switch without going out of business. No collectible in the series has ever compared to those NES games in the Gamecube version. Bring em back.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha this will never happen

😢

I'd prefer to not be punished for working all day, coming home and having dinner, because shops close as soon as we have a moment to play.

Top Bottom