• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solid Eye! The MGS4 Photo Thread

*Whistles*

n51p8h.jpg

*Whistles*

ivfsc3.jpg

*shifty eyes*

314tldl.jpg

vpyfig.jpg

*whistles*

28a58uq.jpg

*click*

2a9yvkz.jpg

2jag50z.jpg

*whistles*

o0ndzs.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Some purdy landscape shot I took in South America. I'm proud of the first two particularly, the others are a bit obvious, but I thought I'd post them anyway. Plus some people might not have even realised you can get to the area shown in the last one.

SOUTHAMERICAPOWERSTATION.jpg

SOUTHAMERICAVISTAMANSION.jpg

SOUTHAMERICAMOUNTAINTRAIL.jpg

SOUTHAMERICAMOUNTAINTRAIL_2.jpg

SOUTHAMERICAMOUNTAINTRAIL_3.jpg

SOUTHAMERICAMOUNTAINTRAIL_4.jpg

SOUTHAMERICARESEARCHLAB.jpg

SOLDIER

I'm trying to look for an amusing MGO image to use as a header for my new blog. Anyone got any amusing screenshots, either showing off a weird glitch or two, or one guy or group getting owned in a comically amusing manner? If you've got something like this, please post it here. I'll credit you for the pic in my blog.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just a couple from my first playthrough. I was borrowing off a friend so sadly can't play atm, but will definintely pick it up again once I have the bling to spare!

Cute puppies!
SHADOWMOSESSNOWFIELDCOMMUNICATIONST.jpg

One time when editing for the sake of it turned out ok.
SOUTHAMERICARESEARCHLAB_3.jpg

Well, that took forever. I've finished my "photography run" through Act 2. There's a lot more going on in South America, and even trying to be thorough I didn't get it all (for example, I couldn't figure out how to take photos while you're swimming). Again, I split up the results into a bunch of posts so that the page doesn't get overrun with JPEGs.

PEOPLE
Less to work with this act. Apart from Octopus, you really only see soldiers during gameplay; the characters are all in cutscenes where you can't photograph them. I tried my best, though there was no real opportunity for closeups (my Octopus photos will be in later posts).
caution248.jpg

urgency657.jpg

exosquad207.jpg

welcome_to_the_suck785.jpg

revenge180.jpg

Wurm

Banned
Act 2 is by far my favourite act. Not only is it visually stunning and the peak of the "ally with rebels, survive the battlefield!" gameplay, but its also the one level you can use for authentic Naked Snake action with the Young FaceCamo and Rebel Disguise on!

Amazing camera shots. A close up of the Mecha-Soldier is much appreciated! Man they were under-used, wish there'd been some of them in
Shadow Moses or Outer Haven

ACTION, PART ONE
I allowed myself to get a little more impressionistic with some of these than in Act 1. I also added some images of Snake himself, rather than just showing the enemies.
ark_two139.jpg

clear_shot766.jpg

gymkata769.jpg

walking_on_air791.jpg

race887.jpg

OCTOPUS, PART ONE
Yeah, everybody loves taking pictures of the Beauties, with good reason. I didn't shy away from trying to make the shots as sexy as possible--after all, the game means for them to be--but I did try to find ways of photographing her that haven't been done to death.
head_to_toe618.jpg

red_light_special574.jpg

flying_jelly_attack818.jpg

slick853.jpg

dusky_cephalopod688.jpg

OCTOPUS, PART TWO
Now for the really hot stuff. . . .
skinless__shameless508.jpg

blue_octopus534.jpg

bedtime429.jpg

staredown846.jpg

naomi__but_why620.jpg

It took me forever to get this well-composed shot of Octopus-as-Naomi moving past the flowers Naomi waters in an earlier cutscene.

GOOFY
You're not doing it right.
whoops808.jpg

"In late June, the thunder of tiny feet fills the forest. . ."
thundering_herds308.jpg

Popeye the soldier man.
terror542.jpg

A blatant disregard for firearm safety.
don__t217.jpg

The quaint South American tradition of "Battle Dancing".
taa-daa_961.jpg

And there we go. It's half again as many pictures as my Act 1 overkill, yet even this glut doesn't cover everything. I'm off to Act 3, but who knows how long that'll take?

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I appreciate the input.

And RiverBed, to get the Beauty faces you have to overcome their Beauty form with nonlethal weapons (i.e. leave them alive). If you use only nonlethal weapons on their Beast form, you get the boss dolls, though you have to pick those up instead of just getting them automatically like the FaceCamo.

Darkpen

Banned
woooooooow, these are amazing, as always.

Seriously, if it just wasn't for that MGS4 logo watermark when exporting :( I just absolutely love some of these shots, especially for what you tried to do with the Octopus shots

<3 <3 <3

Man, they're all so lovely, but I'll just quote these because they're just awesome like that <3

Top Bottom