• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solid Eye! The MGS4 Photo Thread

le.phat

Ploid 3.0 said:
So someone on the internet wanted me to take pictures of the race gun in this game. He was into the IPSC/USPSA competition scene I guess. While taking pictures of it I figured why not have some fun with it to see how it was for fighting stuffs. Well things got interesting.

1tn4ev.jpg

Losing the fight. But I was having fun. The thing tore up the hall, and bumped his head on the area I show with the raiden mask. You can see where it bumped, and the shredded hall due to it's size barely fitting through. I beat the game but was pretty giddy trying to kill it with a gun. I hit the back of his knees to cause him to throw a fit (immobilize him) and try to walk again.

Using that gun puts snake in a combat high pretty quick. I have to tap the fire button like crazy though. Worn out snake below (after effects of combat high?).
era7o3.jpg

Yea there was no way I was winning this straight up with a pistol, or at least this pistol. I did a lot of running and dodging.
260zjpt.jpg

34zayi8.gif

Changed guns to a automatic pistol (pwn gun).
2gx39k8.jpg

5aq43r.jpg

It's still no use so I changed to a anti tank weapon. Good bye mwahahaha!
264gpw0.jpg

OMG it's still alive. Did I miss wut.. oh crap what's that soun
igezkl.jpg

rm2tfc.jpg

zkhncx.jpg

i just zipped passed him with the mark2, fired up the electric floor and fried the shit out of that gekko :lol :lol :lol he blew chunks all over the place ^^

tha_con

Banned
Deepblue said:
That's because frankly - the texture work outside of characters is pretty bad and it's a hell of a lot easier to notice in a still image. Videos DO look way better because you get to see the nice post-processing effects in motion.

So it's the opposite of Halo 3 then? Basically, amazing character models, and decent textures (with some being not great at all) while Halo 3 has some great textures, but character models from the PS2 era?

Just wondering.

tha_con

Banned
I'm kind of surprised how few people are using the color tools, etc. You can make *some* interesting shots. Not a lot, but some.

SHADOW_MOSES_BLAST_FURNACE.jpg

EASTERN_EUROPE_RIVERSIDE_EAST_2.jpg

SHADOW_MOSES_SNOWFIELD_COMMUNICATIONS_TOWER.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
the tanageshima gun only seems to trigger when you're in a wide open area, and even then, its a 1/3 chance, which kinda blows. Even if you do use it, its not like the enemies disappear, either.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
tha_con said:
So it's the opposite of Halo 3 then? Basically, amazing character models, and decent textures (with some being not great at all) while Halo 3 has some great textures, but character models from the PS2 era?

Just wondering.

This thread's going pretty well. Can we leave the back and forth out of it and just post sweet shots?

tha_con

Banned
urk said:
This thread's going pretty well. Can we leave the back and forth out of it and just post sweet shots?

Eh, if he's going to come here to troll the game because it's successful then I'm going to troll him right back. Sorry. I did post some half way decent screens though!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
just found out you can't export any of the ghost pictures from Shadow Moses (the ghosts just don't appear in the exported picture. you can however "exorcise" them in the MGS4 photo menu). Completely stupid on Konami's part. Why put them in there if you can't export them?

33eihc0.jpg

1fguo4.jpg

stain is still there :lol
2pt2xx2.jpg

65d3sh.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

hirokazu

alr1ghtstart said:
Tanegashima
ka0ays.jpg
The Tanegashima's reloading animation is hilarious. Too bad it looks very obviously sped up :/ If only it really took as long as it should to reload it in real life...

Darkpen

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
just found out you can't export any of the ghost pictures from Shadow Moses (the ghosts just don't appear in the exported picture. you can however "exorcise" them in the MGS4 photo menu). Completely stupid on Konami's part. Why put them in there if you can't export them?

stain is still there :lol
2pt2xx2.jpg
lol, stain.

Actually, if you go to the earlier parts of this thread, people were uploading the photos with ghosts, so I don't know what you're talking about.

hirokazu

Darkpen said:
lol, stain.

Actually, if you go to the earlier parts of this thread, people were uploading the photos with ghosts, so I don't know what you're talking about.
No, they took pictures of their TVs. You can only see the ghosts in the in-game Photo Album. Choosing Exorcise will remove them from a particular photo forever though.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man, I just went on the most awesome safari EVER. Pics edited with the in-game color picker:

mgs4picC1.jpg

mgs4picC2.jpg

mgs4picC3.jpg

mgs4picC4.jpg

mgs4picC5.jpg

I think I might print some of these out at Walgreens on a nice glossy finish. :D

East Lake

Really wish there was just a free roaming camera available, lot of great images to take that simply cannot be taken since you have to screw around with the third person perspective.

Antimatter said:
Really wish there was just a free roaming camera available, lot of great images to take that simply cannot be taken since you have to screw around with the third person perspective.

Damn..Nice shots man.
Those look great.

jett

D-Member
s2z2he.jpg

1pi1ww.jpg

6p012v.jpg

The lighting in this game is beautiful...somehow it really sets itself apart from all the UE3 me-too lookalikes in this gen.

jett said:
s2z2he.jpg

1pi1ww.jpg

6p012v.jpg

The lighting in this game is beautiful...somehow it really sets itself apart from all the UE3 me-too lookalikes in this gen.

Jett those are my favorite shots so far man.
Good lord keep it up.

Been going through this thread since it started.

This game makes me want a PS3 badly.

But I won't break my last gen promise to myself of never again buying a console that's over $300.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Thanks for the photos.

This game is the current champion of next-gen graphics in my opinion. Not just because of the engine/technical side but because of the artistry. Absolutely amazing. Great variety of environments as well.

(wish the story would of been a bit more cohesive, it's touching but still so far away from stories in other mediums (books and movies))

nib95

Banned
Antimatter said:
Man, awesome shot. Subtle, discreet, but really telling of the graphical prowess of the game. By the way, you wouldn't happen to be the same Antimatter who used to play for Interpol (CSS) would you?

Top Bottom