• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solid Eye! The MGS4 Photo Thread

patsu

Stay away from the beauties long enough and it will happen.

It kinda works in real life too. If you run away from gorgeous women who want to hug you... you must be crazy and need to be admitted to some mental facilities where everything is white.

Farnack

Banned
Damn, some people beat me to the dirty and the naughty. =P

I'll post away anyways.

"Oooh! Commander! I really need to go!"
ih4mir.jpg

i20x79.jpg

2ylntkj.jpg

"Akiba! Get downwind! NOW!"
nd4mti.jpg

I was treasure hunting in the mansion and look what I found...
4i2883.jpg

Ugh... treasure hunting is tiring...
fp9e13.jpg

Hey... what do we have here?
124es5f.jpg

Mmmm... I want that bad....
2mz7sz.jpg

Whoa, I guess you do too.
2937tk2.jpg

Yeah you like that.
34o1zzr.jpg

It's getting a little rough!
al28ao.jpg

CLIMAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
wllow.jpg

1stStrike said:
It can be hard at times. It depends on how much patience you have, really. You can get past any part of the game with enough persistence. The on-rails portions of the game are some of the worst, since you can die so fast and have no way to run or hide.

bigboss2.jpg

I spent a lot longer than that to get that. Probably about 20 hours. 2 hours on the
motorcycle chase
alone before I got past that. And about 2 hours on the final boss battle.

Once you figure everything out, it's not so hard. You have to change your tactics up on a lot of battles though, since you can't afford to get shot or seen.

Like was said above, it's very doable, but definitely not easy. I know that I'll definitely never play it on extreme again. My 4th play through will be on liquid normal (I've beaten it on Solid Normal, Liquid Easy and The Boss Extreme so far) so I can work on some emblems and enjoy myself a bit. Then I might beat it on big boss hard just to have every game mode done..

Well, Cheers for the tips. I'm liking the evidence screeny (no offense xD) I've seen over at Gamefaqs quite a few game saves featuring everything unlocked, which to me is pointless wheres the self achievement in that? - Expect the knowledge that you downloaded the save that has it. Anyways, I'm going to give it tonight and take my time.

sky

I with the game had a "multiple export" mode for photos, similar to the way you can delete them in a batch.

keyrat

XenonOxide said:
I've seen over at Gamefaqs quite a few game saves featuring everything unlocked, which to me is pointless wheres the self achievement in that? - Expect the knowledge that you downloaded the save that has it.

I'll probably get one of those saves. I don't have the patience to quit and reload a bunch of times. I'd love to, but I just don't care enough.

I'd like to run around and fuck around with the guards without being seen, so that's why I'd get it.

1stStrike

Banned
keyrat said:
I'll probably get one of those saves. I don't have the patience to quit and reload a bunch of times. I'd love to, but I just don't care enough.

I'd like to run around and fuck around with the guards without being seen, so that's why I'd get it.

There's something even more fun than the stealth camo. Stealth is nice, but it just becomes a means for you to get badges and such done quicker after you're done playing around. You can choke out PMC's and such without anyone seeing you, so no alerts.

They cower in fear when they see you with the big boss mask on and then eventually are over come with fear and pass out. And when you hit L1 to aim the patriot, the beginning portion of snake eater plays. It's pretty bad ass. Plus, the patriot has unlimited ammo and never needs to be reloaded.

For those of you choosing to try to get the big boss badge..good luck! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask and don't forget to post pics of your achievement :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Deepblue

Banned
Always-honest said:
it's amazing how much better this game looks in motion.
That's because frankly - the texture work outside of characters is pretty bad and it's a hell of a lot easier to notice in a still image. Videos DO look way better because you get to see the nice post-processing effects in motion.

lunlunqq

Deepblue said:
That's because frankly - the texture work outside of characters is pretty bad and it's a hell of a lot easier to notice in a still image. Videos DO look way better because you get to see the nice post-processing effects in motion.

WTF? seriously...

patsu

The MGS screens actually show much of its beauty, if you don't zoom in to the uglies only. There are some rough textures, but they hardly make the game look bad. When playing the game, it's even harder to notice these flaws.

vpance said:
Where is this from?
They come with the camera. I heard you only get the Sunny & Naomi photos if you wait to get the camera at the Act 4 briefing. I had no idea the Mk. II could go up the stairs until then, so I was able to get these pics.

BigBoss

DIrtyWeasel said:
They come with the camera. I heard you only get the Sunny & Naomi photos if you wait to get the camera at the Act 4 briefing. I had no idea the Mk. II could go up the stairs until then, so I was able to get these pics.

Speaking of other things the MKII can do...you can turn on the radio in the room where Sunny cooks and you can also mess with the projector in the main room of the Nomad.

burgerdog

Dave1988 said:
The Tanegashima has a 33.33% chance that a shot will couse a tornado as seen on the pictures above.

Yes! Try it out, guys. I only thought of using the rifle at the end of the chapter so I imagine it could be a lot more fun if you mess around with it from the beginning. Any idea if it works in all chapters or just act 2?

Dave1988

burgerdog said:
Yes! Try it out, guys. I only thought of using the rifle at the end of the chapter so I imagine it could be a lot more fun if you mess around with it from the beginning. Any idea if it works in all chapters or just act 2?

It works in every chapter, though there is a limitation - the tornado only appears outdoors.

Zenith

Banned
could anyone upload the cutscene from the end of Act 3 that starts when Liquid's boat starts moving, the one you can't zoom in on? or even a youtube link.

Ploid 3.0

So someone on the internet wanted me to take pictures of the race gun in this game. He was into the IPSC/USPSA competition scene I guess. While taking pictures of it I figured why not have some fun with it to see how it was for fighting stuffs. Well things got interesting.

1tn4ev.jpg

Losing the fight. But I was having fun. The thing tore up the hall, and bumped his head on the area I show with the raiden mask. You can see where it bumped, and the shredded hall due to it's size barely fitting through. I beat the game but was pretty giddy trying to kill it with a gun. I hit the back of his knees to cause him to throw a fit (immobilize him) and try to walk again.

Using that gun puts snake in a combat high pretty quick. I have to tap the fire button like crazy though. Worn out snake below (after effects of combat high?).
era7o3.jpg

Yea there was no way I was winning this straight up with a pistol, or at least this pistol. I did a lot of running and dodging.
260zjpt.jpg

34zayi8.gif

Changed guns to a automatic pistol (pwn gun).
2gx39k8.jpg

5aq43r.jpg

It's still no use so I changed to a anti tank weapon. Good bye mwahahaha!
264gpw0.jpg

OMG it's still alive. Did I miss wut.. oh crap what's that soun
igezkl.jpg

rm2tfc.jpg

zkhncx.jpg

Top Bottom