• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom for Wii U (Big Red Button, CryEngine 3) & 3DS (Sanzaru), new subseries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

I wonder if they'll make up their mind with what's going on with Amy:

In this shot it looks like she's wearing a one-piece with a diaper.
r507DQb.jpg

In this one a dress.
SONIC%20BOOM%20VIDEO%20GAME%20-%2001%20Team_1_1391691294-noscale.jpg

It's weird that the model used for promotion looks worse.

Tripon

Doesn't even look close though. Based on what they are saying about the game with it being more open and everything, it sounds like it would be better with ps4 and xb1 level tech. Whatever though, we'll see what sonic looks like on the ps4 next year.
Won't be this game.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I'm actually quite hyped for this.
I hope it sells well. "Sonic Boom has legs!" is an amazing pun that's too good to never happen.

JSoup

Banned
Like the new voices introduced in Sonic Colors.
Like the slight design changes introduced here.
Not liking the WiiU/3DS only stuff.

Frodo

I'm on the group that like the environment but is still not convinced by the character models.

But overall it looks really good.

Ntsouls

Banned
Cryengine and lots of exploration? Thus will be pretty amazing. Lost world was really close to being amazing.
This sounds like I will.... Idk about their models. They looks the same except knuckles. But even then. Who cares.

Paracelsus

I hope it's more of an open world game like the original Spyro games with hub levels and all, rather than gottagofost.

daman824

Won't be this game.
Yeah they said that. But Sonic team isn't just sitting there twiddling their thumbs. Another sonic game is coming out next year and it will be on the xb1 and ps4.

I'll still buy this one if it's good though. Lost world was one of the reasons I bought a wii u. Too bad it wasn't that good.

So apparently theres one more exclusive Sonic game coming according to Nintendos VP of licensing. He specifically emphasized:

Sonic Boom represents the second of three planned Sonic exclusives for Nintendo machines

So i'm guessing Mario and Sonic at the Soichi Olympics isn't part of the deal like everyone assumed.

I'm hesitant about the games going back to a traditional 3D adventure-platformer like Sonic '06 and the Adventure games, but the gameplay in the trailer looks fairly promising to me.

Even as someone who has never had a single problem with any of Sonic's redesigns, the character designs in this are just plain awful. What were they thinking?

jeffers

So apparently theres one more exclusive Sonic game coming according to Nintendos VP of licensing. He specifically emphasized:

So i'm guessing Mario and Sonic at the Soichi Olympics isn't part of the deal like everyone assumed.

Dunno, in the press release:
" this is the third title to be released as part of an exclusive deal with Nintendo. "

sphagnum

Banned

Well we thought that because that's what they said.

Wonder which source is making the mistake...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I believe Crytek have said CryEngine runs very well on Wii U, shouldn't be any surprise really.
Given half of gaf believes wiiu runs on a food processor, it's only natural that some gaffers would be surprised wiiu runs CryEngine3 just fine.

Thanks to the kind folks in this thread I've learned about who these devs are. Now I 'm cautiously optimistic instead of confused and slightly nauseated.

Proven

If I ignore the history of these characters and the design alterations from their past...

It looks like it could be an actually interesting sub-franchise. Maybe. Just ignore almost everything from Sonic's past and focus on it being a 3D platformer like Jak & Daxter or the first Spyro trilogy.

TunaLover

Previous Mario and Sonic games has always been exclusive because they are using Nintendo IPs, it's strange for me they are including this game as part of this exclusivity deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom