• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

TimmiT said:
Sonic has new voice actors: http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/07/15/out-of-the-mouths-of-hedgehogs/
Sonic's voice is now done by Chris Redfield.

Wow so now I will only imagine hearing Shinji from Bleach when Sonic speaks, lol! Or worst, hearing Deidara and 'True Art, is an EXPLOSION!'. I hope the guy makes his voice distinct.

Im all for females in the voice acting and videogame industry but, !What Tails is voiced by a female?! Sakura no less?! Please for the love of all things do not sound like her!

Sciz

Sega community rep hypes "franchise-changing" news. Said news turns out to be voice actor hirings.

Shocking.

Lijik

Dedication Through Light said:
Im all for females in the voice acting and videogame industry but, !What Tails is voiced by a female?! Sakura no less?! Please for the love of all things do not sound like her!

Dude is this like your first time looking at what character is being voiced by who?
This sort of thing happens all the time :lol

Zomba13

Wow. When I heard 'franchise-changing news' I expected something that will shake up the actual games, not shuffling around some voices. Then again this is Sega so they probably think this is huge megaton news.

Zomba13 said:
Wow. When I heard 'franchise-changing news' I expected something that will shake up the actual games, not shuffling around some voices. Then again this is Sega so they probably think this is huge megaton news.

Wow that actually, believe it or not, made me lol. Yeah Im of the same opinion.

.la1n

lupinko said:
Why would you do that?

tom24wz.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Aaron Strife said:
There is no voice-over in sonic 4.
Must give credit where it's due.

TheOGB

Banned
The moment I laid eyes on that guy, the first thing that popped in my head was Chris Redfield, for some reason.

Imagine my surprise when 5 seconds later I read his previous roles.

Blueblur1

Figures. I just hope Sonic's lines in future Sonic games consist of more than a couple lines of 6th grade reading level dialogue and shouting.

"Yeah!!!", "Go!!!", etc. all pretty much sound the same no matter who is barking the lines.

DeVeAn said:
Give it a rest pal.

Just having a laugh :p

On-topic: thank God they're changing voice actors. Now they need to find a way of inserting the new voices into my copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. >_>

Green Scar said:
On-topic: thank God they're changing voice actors. Now they need to find a way of inserting the new voices into my copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. >_>

Considering all the character modding being done for Brawl, that actually should be pretty easy. :lol

But "You're too slow!" is the best thing that VA ever did for Sonic, why would you replace it?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The one thing I'll say about this game so far, is that the screens show more art direction than any prior 3D Sonic game from Sega. Sonic Adventure 1 came close to this, and Sonic Unleashed was not bad either, but it's some damned good aesthetics here. Also the first stuff to really translate 16-bit Sonic into a 3D style, if that style is going to insist on making a more realistic (relatively speaking) world.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
......do you know how hard it is to avoid phrases like "could this be it guys, the first no-strings attached good 3D Sonic game?"

Damn you Sega, years of betrayal have left your fans jaded and hateful, the last bits of hope in our hearts quashed under the black rock of cynicism!

Oh well, looks pretty good, I'm looking forward to it. *cringes*

EDIT: Daaaamn DeVeAn, it is creepy scrolling down a page and seeing that avatar again :lol :lol

DeVeAn

The_Technomancer said:
......do you know how hard it is to avoid phrases like "could this be it guys, the first no-strings attached good 3D Sonic game?"

Damn you Sega, years of betrayal have left your fans jaded and hateful, the last bits of hope in our hearts quashed under the black rock of cynicism!

Oh well, looks pretty good, I'm looking forward to it. *cringes*

EDIT: Daaaamn DeVeAn, it is creepy scrolling down a page and seeing that avatar again :lol :lol
LOL, I love Sonic so the avy was too good to leave dormant. Don't worry though I am not "HARDCORE" like he was.

Top Bottom