• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

Teknoman said:
The construction zone looks nice. The graphic style looks about as close to classic Sonic style as possible in 3d...could've done with the donuts and hamburgers though. Thats Mario's area.

Maybe they ran out of rounds?

gimz

AniHawk said:
Get this finding different paths stuff out of my Sonic game. Sonic games are all about SPEED.
i thought theres always different path in older sonic game, but i do also love the speed of sonic! just rush through a level without any pause!

and from all the screen shot this game looks good and it looks like they are putting every good parts of the older 3D sonic into one

Zen

Banned
RobbieNick said:
Being "All about speed" has been one of the major problems with the games as of late. A good Sonic game has a proper balance of speed and platforming.

That's part of the reason why I'm optimistic about colors, the liberal use of 2D and that Sonic is slower than he was in Unleashed, + a ginormous amount of branching paths. :)

Teknoman

That construction stage better have some sort of electronic/hip-hop sounding theme with lots of mechanical noises.

Something similar to Collision Chaos Zone would be nice.

I can see something heroes'ish from the Hamburger havoc zone...or whatever its going to be called.

2h34k2b.jpg

9zx9h2.jpg

Looking good. Hopefully they wont throw boost pads all over the place. I know they've been around since Sonic 1 in the form of horizontal springs...but please dont have them in every loop.

EDIT: Wow, Iizuka actually knows about the Sonic Cycle -

“…The team is confident that this is a game everybody can really enjoy. That’s why we’ve offered a lot of hands-on for E3,” Iizuka said. “It’s something that the team is really confident from the gameplay side. It’s something that, this time, the team thinks they’ve nailed it – it’s definitely not going through the Sonic cycle!”

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sonic_colours_has_nailed_the_sonic_experience.html

Blueblur1

Teknoman said:
That construction stage better have some sort of electronic/hip-hop sounding theme with lots of mechanical noises.

Something similar to Collision Chaos Zone would be nice.

I can see something heroes'ish from the Hamburger havoc zone...or whatever its going to be called.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h34k2b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/9zx9h2.jpg[IMG]

Looking good. Hopefully they wont throw boost pads all over the place. I know they've been around since Sonic 1 in the form of horizontal springs...but please dont have them in every loop.[/quote]

I think they're starting to get it over there at Sega. Well, maybe. Regardless of my chiding, the game is looking good. I don't expect much from the music though. :(

[quote=]EDIT: Wow, Iizuka actually knows about the Sonic Cycle -

[I]“…The team is confident that this is a game everybody can really enjoy. That’s why we’ve offered a lot of hands-on for E3,” Iizuka said. “It’s something that the team is really confident from the gameplay side. It’s something that, this time, the team thinks they’ve nailed it – it’s definitely not going through the Sonic cycle!”[/I]

[url]http://www.videogamer.com/news/sonic_colours_has_nailed_the_sonic_experience.html[/url][/QUOTE]
Wow. :lol

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Him stating otherwise is still part of the Sonic cycle guys. It still counts.

Sciz

ILikeFeet said:
Who is doing the music anyway
Based on what we've heard and developer comments, the same team that did Unleashed (i.e. primarily Tomoya Ohtani, Fumie Kumatani, and Kenichi Tokoi).

TruePrime said:
FFFFFUUUUUUU

I hate you sega.
Knuckles doesn't need to be in this game. He should be on Angel Island guarding the Master Emerald

Sega's attempts at bringing the whole ensemble in new games has resulted in bullshit storylines and an excuse to make them playable with new gameplay mechanics. I don't mind this news

Juicy Bob said:
I know I'm LTTP but they're all Wii screenshots?!

Mind blown.

Bullshots of course, the game will look much worse once the Wii and its God awful image quality has got hold of them and shat them out.

Lespedeza

Banned
Sciz said:
Based on what we've heard and developer comments, the same team that did Unleashed (i.e. primarily Tomoya Ohtani, Fumie Kumatani, and Kenichi Tokoi).
I also really hope Hideki Naganuma does a few tracks I really like his stuff in Sonic Rush.

Lijik

Lespedeza said:
I also really hope Hideki Naganuma does a few tracks I really like his stuff in Sonic Rush.
I hope he does a few tracks not just because I loved his work, but because the last time we heard any music from him was 2006.

i love most sonic music and think it often gets a bad rap due to the vocals in-game....but that was the worst song I've heard for the franchise in a very long time.

I...what...

Okay, everybody can fly a kite - that actually looks like what I'd expect from next-generation Sonic. As in, literally what Sonic would be like if they kept rolling with what they were doing on Genesis but for today's technology. The same way New Super Mario Bros Wii felt like what would happen if they continued with Mario Bros. 3 and World but for today's technology.

Even though the music was shitty, at the same time it really made me smile. I'm not even an old-school Sonic fan.

Thumbs up!

Lijik

Man that song is trying so hard to be the Owl City equivalent to Unleashed's Endless Possibilities it hurts.

Game still looks fun though

Since I enjoyed the Rush series, but avoided Unleashed cause of the werehog part, this might be the first console Sonic game I'll pick up since Heroes on the GameCube.

AniHawk

I think it's weird that Sega's making two different games (as far as the level design and bosses are concerned), but giving them the same title. Why not call Colors DS, Rush 3?

zigg

AniHawk said:
I think it's weird that Sega's making two different games (as far as the level design and bosses are concerned), but giving them the same title. Why not call Colors DS, Rush 3?

They seem to have changed it up a bit, actually... the biggest difference is that the wisps have replaced the old trick boost system. Now whether you can boost is dependent on white wisp power, which you also burn off using the various colored wisps. I think.

I'm a bit wary of this change, to be honest. I liked the simplicity of trick-based tension.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Endless Possiblities is soooo much better. But aside from the questionable music choice. It looks good and the theme stayed consistant, unlike the last game. Will buy

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AniHawk said:

Because then they can say "combined SKUs of Sonic Colors totaled 1.5 million this quarter," instead of "Colors bit into Rush 3's sales a bit," or vice-versa. Plus, cross-promotion.

On the other hand, they're gonna lose the semi-collectors who will pass on Colors DS because they buy the Wii version (or vice-versa), when they would have bought both Rush 3 and Colors if they had been named as such (which is probably the category I am.) It's dumb, to be sure.

loosus

Banned
Are you guys looking at the same trailer I am? This game looks like the culmination of everything that is wrong with Sonic.

Uhhhhg, this shouldn't be the game I buy a Wii for. But I want it. And I want that hat. And the theme song's alright (without lyrics). I have to play this.

zigg

SwiftSketcher said:
Uhhhhg, this shouldn't be the game I buy a Wii for. But I want it. And I want that hat. And the theme song's alright (without lyrics). I have to play this.

Get Super Mario Galaxy while you're at it. Also: 2.

Top Bottom