• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

To be fair, we should have a "No Stupid Fanart" bit in the OP. I assume that's taken care of... as well as the mods supervising the thread for the first week it's in Gaming.

However, what was posted on that particular page was some of the official comic art which was badly drawn. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun now and then (and that was pretty funny), but it cannot get out of hand (ie: posting bad/stupid fanart, posting gross art, etc.). That sort of thing is unwelcome. ...Essentially what SalsaShark's thread from last year was about. That sort of thing should not be tolerated.

Besides, I get the feeling the idea of the community thread came up because we were having too much fun in the announcement thread, and people were playing other games in the series which led to discussion about them in both the OT and the announcement thread for Generations.

Before the community thread opens up, there's one thing I'd like to talk about. Has anyone here ever watched Screwattack's Death Battles? If not, then this should be interesting if no one here saw it.

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-eggman-vs-wily

The actual battle kicks in at 8:20

Do you also hate when people make threads about Leifeld art, or are you one of those morons who equated "laughing at bad comic art" to "posting sonic slash fiction"?

Well no. To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with fanart. It's the majority of other people's opinions that I'm worried about.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That was pretty neat.

lol, I don't watch Screwattack much, but if they do anything like that with the spritework, that'd be a nice watch. It reminds me of Robot Wars a little bit.

Do you also hate when people make threads about Leifeld art, or are you one of those morons who equated "laughing at bad comic art" to "posting sonic slash fiction"?
Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue was other than the coasting on the "ehhh, this is a little much" line which some crops did. I know I found it funny, but the issue some seemed to have was that it was pretty off-topic? I think?

Something something Episode 1, I guess.

I still need names for the thread guys. All I've got so far are

|OT| Hedgehogs and Chilidogs
|OT| There's a little Huelen in all of us

There were pages and pages of title suggestions at one point, I think you've got a little more than two to pick from.

Sooo... Since this is in the community thread, should I change the title or anything?

Nah, this is specifically the "Sonic Generations" community, because we're all avidly speedrunning that specific game(s) non-stop. Yep. And discussing the nerf/buffs for the next potential patch.

Frankly, I hope they power down pistols, they give Shadow too much of an advantage. Totally need to buff the Omochao Gun, though.

|OT| Home of Robotnik's Fiendish Speed Traps

(Technically it's "Diabolical" in the quote.)

|OT| Get the Ring, Ring, Ring
|OT| Together, forever, we play our games

|OT| Gather 50 Posts and 7 Gifs for Super GAF

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
|OT| Oh, you thought Generations was pretty good? Let me show you my fanfics.

A little long, but accurate.

daffy

Banned
|ot| Gotta Go Fast

Please do this? It would bring sunrise unto my life. Lets just say, I COULD be on my deathbed and this OT title is the hope keeping me alive.. cough cough.

RobbieNick

Your wish is my command.

......................O-Kaaaaayy, why didn't this change the title thread? WTF?

Your wish is my command.

......................O-Kaaaaayy, why didn't this change the title thread? WTF?

Only mods can change the titles of threads. And besides, I already said I was making the Community Thread. This is the Generations |OT| anyways, and it's standard procedure for most game OTs to get moved to Community.

Sciz

Don't mean to be rude...

but why does sonic as a whole need a community thread anyway?

Because every single Sonic thread ever gets derailed over time. Especially topics about upcoming games that have news trickling in week to week. It's cleaner to just give all of that discussion a home of its own.

J@hranimo

Banned
So I just checked the OP of this thread and I just realized that the last two states for the 3DS version never got "revealed" with zone previews. Is it like that for a reason or did RobbieNick forget to edit it?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So I just checked the OP of this thread and I just realized that the last two states for the 3DS version never got "revealed" with zone previews. Is it like that for a reason or did RobbieNick forget to edit it?
They did, and I posted the pics in the thread, but there wasn't really need to edit them into the OP since they were revealed on the Japanese site after the game was released.

Edit: I might as well put this here since the community thread isn't up yet, but Jun Senoue/the Crush 40 Facebook page put this up. Sonic Youth, despite being the name of a band, has some lyrics that make it sound like it's for a Sonic game. "I've opened my heart, I've lived and learned..." Or perhaps it's just a song for an upcoming album.

ShadiWulf

They did, and I posted the pics in the thread, but there wasn't really need to edit them into the OP since they were revealed on the Japanese site after the game was released.

Edit: I might as well put this here since the community thread isn't up yet, but Jun Senoue/the Crush 40 Facebook page put this up. Sonic Youth, despite being the name of a band, has some lyrics that make it sound like it's for a Sonic game. "I've opened my heart, I've lived and learned..." Or perhaps it's just a song for an upcoming album.

Clearly a sign of Sonic Adventure 3, it's referencing the songs of both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 in one song! =)

Well it could be something else, but it's fun to jump to conclusions.

But we already had Sonic Adventure 3

uELCe.jpg

No Chao garden, doesn't count. The rest of it was like a more broken Adventure, though, I'll give you that.

Sonic 2006 was a tribute to SA1, SA2, and Sonic Heroes. It had Adventure Fields! A Chao Garden isn't the only element that makes it a Sonic Adventure game!

The ADVENTURE elements do!

ShadiWulf

They said in an interview that Sonic World Adventure was originally going to be called Sonic Adventure 3, but they didn't name it that due to the fact that it wouldn't live up to the adventure name. One of those reasons was probably because the game isn't directed by Iizuka-san.

They said in an interview that Sonic World Adventure was originally going to be called Sonic Adventure 3, but they didn't name it that due to the fact that it wouldn't live up to the adventure name. One of those reasons was probably because the game isn't directed by Iizuka-san.

Get on Skype!

Ah, Sonic 06. I actually picked up that game last August to experience the garbage for myself.

Everything I expected to be in it was in it.

Crazy unfair glitches? Check.
Silver's "IT'S NO USE!" torture? Check.
Slow Sonic gameplay and long boring levels? Check.
Stupid vehicles? Check.

To be honest, the level I hated the most in that game was Silver's Tropical Jungle. You have no idea how fustrated I was on that level. Aside from that...scene of which you all know, that level was the really low point of Sonic 06 for me. Everything else was bland, boring, and predictable.

I did enjoy the final boss though. I personally think that this is one of the good final boss fights of modern Sonic. Since Anth0ny comes here and is not done with the game, I'll spoiler tag the rest.

You have no idea how fun it was to blast chaos spears at that thing while dodging it's rocks and lasers at me. The epic music in the background in the second half of the boss is what really makes it fun for me. It's much better than Generations' final boss that's for sure. At least the characters, while annoying, are actually shouting words of encouragement instead of warning me of HOMING SHOTS every single nanosecond and calling it "help"!

So yeah, I guess I can say that the final boss of this game was the gold in the garbage for me.

Top Bottom