• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony France answers to Microsoft announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it reeks of arrogance and unprofessionalism. I hate when Microsoft and Nintendo do it, but Sony were once the kings of this nonsense, and it looks like they're back at it.
Well, you're entitled to think what you want.

I'm sure most people will just see it as the playful jab that it is though. It's just a reminder that Sony have stayed consistent in their vision for the PS4.

RE_Player

I love how we are over analyzing Sony as a corporation based on a tweet from a France twitter account that is probably run by an intern or social media person so far down the totem pole.

Sporty

Neo Member
So some guy doing a post on France's twitter, probably with no real inside knowledge or power, working for or on behalf of Sony, saying nothing has changed for PS4 is now considered arrogant?

Wow, some people read way too much into things and get emotionally uptight over such trivial things.

That is really reaching for a reason to justify bias.

Sony back to the 1st place is not a good deal if you want my honest opinion.

No need for games as long as they sell without games.

Plus, Sony France is a joke (I live in France). A big, bad joke.

Edit: Obviously talking about Sony games... EA, Ubisoft & co will always be there.

Loudninja

So some guy doing a post on France's twitter, probably with no real inside knowledge or power, working for or on behalf of Sony, saying nothing has changed for PS4 is now considered arrogant?

Wow, some people read way too much into things and get emotionally uptight over such trivial things.

That is really reaching for a reason to justify bias.
I am pretty confused myself.

Frodo

Amazing.

There is nothing bad to removed from PS4... that what I understood... shows confidence and strong policies for the players since beginning.

Like putting online behind a pay-wall #4theplayers.

Or trying to make a $50 purchase be tied to your PS+ subscription #4theplayers (and back-pedalling afterwards because of the pressure).

I'm not so sure about these policies for the players you speak of. Both companies sound greedy to me.

And it is not like they didn't change any plan at all. That huge LED on the DS4 is proof of that. The only difference is that they never publicly announced that they planned to ship every system with a camera before they decided to drop it.

On topic: completely unnecessary response that does nothing to improve their image. Silence would be better, in my opinion. They are on a strong leadership position now. No need to get desperate.

I think it reeks of arrogance and unprofessionalism. I hate when Microsoft and Nintendo do it, but Sony were once the kings of this nonsense, and it looks like they're back at it.

Back at it? They never stopped with fun little jabs

ibxon1DR9B6odh.png

sublimit

Banned
I love how we are over analyzing Sony as a corporation based on a tweet from a France twitter account that is probably run by an intern or social media person so far down the totem pole.

I'm pretty sure that Yoshida could have made the same funny remark. :p

Metallix87

Holy shit, some of the first legitimate salt I have seen on here in awhile, chill out guys it is just a tweet.
I'm not salty. I just see the PS4 as a system doing well despite a terrible software drought, and I don't want it going to Sony's head. Arrogance damaged the PS brand enough the last time around.

"They"?

Probably some low paid halfwit in charge of SF twitter account trying to be clever, I doubt they got approval from any high ups at Sony to post it.

Some people are reading too much into it, christ.

Salex_

Sony back to the 1st place is not a good deal if you want my honest opinion.

No need for games as long as they sell without games.

Plus, Sony France is a joke (I live in France). A big, bad joke.
What are you talking about?

They already have and announced more games than their competitor without revealing what most of their 1st party studios are working.... and have you ever heard of the PS1 and PS2?

Mael

1) It's twitter
2) It's Sony France
3) It's a joke

No one will care about this AT ALL,
gamers will take it as a joke and move on,
mainstream are not even sure what this twitter thing is
fanboys will get their panties twisted in a bunch but then again they would have if Sony France commented on the weather anyway.

And as far as the situation goes in France I doubt MSFT could try anything at this point to reverse their fortune relative to the ps4.
The situation here is settled and over since last e3 at least.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, they can boast as much as they want, because X1 will be toasted on mainland Europe even after price cut.

It's a comical little jab by some random person running a twitter account. I'm pretty sure the only people that will be offended by this are people who already disliked all things Sony.

tmespe

God forbid people working at companies having a bit of friendly competitive fun! Won't someone think of the children!

I'm not salty. I just see the PS4 as a system doing well despite a terrible software drought, and I don't want it going to Sony's head. Arrogance damaged the PS brand enough the last time around.

Are you doing the whole indie games aren't real games shtick? Or you just ignorant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom