• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony France answers to Microsoft announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDSLKTR

Yes really. This is PS2 level Sony arrogance.

bt1HlFG.gif

Frodo

Wow, people are so oversensitive these days. The slightest jab at the competition and folks talk about arrogance and unprofessionalism.

It is not about "fun not being allowed" it is just that it wasn't funny at all.

Seems like they were desperate to reply when they could very well have remained quiet and made a better impression by doing absolutely nothing.

tmespe

Seems like they were desperate to reply when they could very well have remained quiet and made a better impression by doing absolutely nothing.
Because humour is totally objective...

rjinaz

Hey I found it funny. Different perspectives I guess. It wasn't hilarious by any means, but I giggled. It was funny because they also made a great point.

Nibel

Very clever response

Good job Sony France

You should probably do all the other PR as well because this was very good and entertaining

Show us what you got. Wanna see how huge you can get. Still chucklin' about that brilliant tweet

Is that it? I need more dirt from you Sony. Really MS just dropped the thing they spoke about 99% of the time at their reveal.

This industry is getting to cuddly.

Sony needs to be really careful with how they handle themselves in the wake of this news. No longer do they have such a clear advantage. This kind of mocking will really just be seen as hubris and we all know how well that worked out for them last generation. If I were Sony France I would fire the person who made such an insensitive and hurtful joke.

Sony needs to be really careful with how they handle themselves in the wake of this news. No longer do they have such a clear advantage. This kind of mocking will really just be seen as hubris and we all know how well that worked out for them last generation. If I were Sony France I would fire the person who made such an insensitive and hurtful joke.
lol, I love your posts Neuromancer. They get me every time.

rjinaz

You had me until the bolded.

I can't believe how bothered some of you are by a single tweet; a friendly jab at the competition. Some of you need to take a step and reevaluate things if something this minute garners such salty reactions.

Tambini

Oh come on this is one guy who posts on the twitter for Sony France and people are saying Sony the whole company have become arrogant again.

As much as I dislike most changes that Microsoft have introduced under outside pressure (and that goes way back to the abandonment of the original Xbox One vision), I have to commend the fact that they've managed to adapt so quickly. Perhaps it's not the way that I would've managed the crisis, but had Nintendo acted that swiftly, for instance, they wouldn't be languishing in their pit now.

At the same time, Sony have all the right to be smug. Regardless of what I might think about it, their original vision has really resonated with a large part of the core gaming audience, and now Microsoft are doing everything they can to ape it.

Ce n’est pas vraiment ce que j'appelle une bonne publicité de faire ce genre d'annonce mais soit

This is not really what I call a good publicity too to make this kind of joke but different companies and strategies.

jaypah

I can't believe how bothered some of you are by a single tweet; a friendly jab at the competition. Some of you need to take a step and reevaluate things if something this minute garners such salty reactions.

Lol, it's like 2 posters. You could have just quoted them.

I still think Sony would be wise to drop the PS4 price by $50.

They need to respond to MS's moves in some fashion.

Nah, they have the sales momentum and good word of mouth. If the PS4 stops selling like gangbusters any time soon then maybe they have to do something, but right now all they need to do is just keep on doing their thang. Plus they'll announce a bunch of awesome games at E3, and that's really all they need.

Mael

I still think Sony would be wise to drop the PS4 price by $50.

They need to respond to MS's moves in some fashion.

Why? They can't even keep the thing in stock right now!
Why drop profitability when you're smashing your competition anyway.
If they're behind their projection, that should be reason enough but if they're smashing them too why lose money over that ?

Maybe they know what their E3 line-up is relative to Microsoft?

Hell if they have Project Beast, Uncharted 4 and Last Guardian they can basically be as cocky as they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom