• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony France answers to Microsoft announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGOMON

So when that Nelson guy was shitting on PS3 the entirety of last gen, writing articles and doing graphs was ok but when one man at Sony is stating the obvious and the truth it is arrogance, weakness, pathetic and disgusting thing to do? got it

Sony France made a joke on their twitter! How dare they!
DNax9Fk.gif

Why? They can't even keep the thing in stock right now!
Why drop profitability when you're smashing your competition anyway.
If they're behind their projection, that should be reason enough but if they're smashing them too why lose money over that ?

Because stupid reactionary actions make more financial sense than business logic.

Salex_

I still think Sony would be wise to drop the PS4 price by $50.

They need to respond to MS's moves in some fashion.

Hmm...I don't think that's necessary. All they have to do is show some gameplay footage of the games they announced last year and announce some new games.

That + the rumored PS1/PS2 emulation, PS Now details, and the first retail PS+ game would more than enough.

Hmm...I don't think that's necessary. All they have to do is show some gameplay footage of the games they announced last year and announce some new games.

That + the rumored PS1/PS2 emulation, PS Now details, and the first retail PS+ game would more than enough.

Necessary? No! Smart? YES!

Yes really. This is PS2 level Sony arrogance.
Indeed. Clearly a slight jab on twitter from a regional social media grunt is 100% equivalent to the president of SCEA getting on stage at E3 and declaring that "The Console War is Over" and proceeding to call out their competitors with names and numbers.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Sony should stop with this line of trolling. When you are below, you can troll, but when you are on top you need to know when to stop, and it's not that funny any more.

They beat the Xbone, they are No1 on console business, so punching a fallen dude will do nothing for them.

They should be saying stuff like "it's good, because we need a healthy MSFT, it's good for the whole business".

Just my opinion.

Smart? I hope I never work under your company.

Losing money when you don't have to always leads to profits /s

Increase the value and offer the games, everything will be fine. You are still getting the more powerful system for less money.

MS will have low May sales due to this announcement coming so soon. No one is going to spend $100 extra now when the price drop is so near.

Konosuke

It is smart. Right now, at $399, which one provides more value to the average consumer? PS4 with it's gaming oriented features or Xbox One and it's media features? The PS4 can't even play MP3's yet and Xbox already caught up with the streaming features.

There are +70m PS3's and 360's, there are tonnes of gamers yet to buy a current gen console. They shouldn't do tweets like they are the winners and the best, they should emphasize why PS4 is the better choice.

A tweet saying, "Here is a picture of the most powerful $399 console in June 6", would be much better.

Sony reaction should be including the camera for free with every PS4.

I agree. They probably already made tonnes of money just by selling them separately.

Hey if you'd rather just let the competition make all the moves first, OK then!

I hope I run the company yours competes against. Not very ambitious.

I find this attitude that just because you're in 1st place, you should be lax to be naive.

So when that Nelson guy was shitting on PS3 the entirety of last gen, writing articles and doing graphs was ok but when one man at Sony is stating the obvious and the truth it is arrogance, weakness, pathetic and disgusting thing to do? got it

Major Nelson loved ignoring the rest of the world. That's the only reason he was able to take shots at the PS3. On average, the PS3 sold more per year than the X360, so I don't get where their arrogance stemmed from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom