• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Hopefully some good stuff happens :)

LL

Eggbok

Imagine it opening up with Shu in the chair again but instead of Killzone we see a dynamic theme or something, then he switches to a music player then switches to playing a new game while the music continues to play. Then he finishes by giving a date for the next big firmware. I kinda want PlayStation Home PS4 too!

Probably won't happen lol.

The press got invitations and in the invitation they're talking about an unannounced japanese PS4 game (from Sony) which will be there. Hopefully it won't be behind closed doors.

Could be that rumoured JRPG they're working on over at Japan Studios. Or it could be
The Last Guardian :3

BadWolf

Could be Gravity Rush or Hot Shots as well.

I doubt that rumoured FF-esque jrpg will be revealed so soon. Please understand. 2016+

It would make sense to announce it after FFXV comes out but they seriously cant drag their feet in Japan, the system is in a very bad spot there.

Also, preemptive fuck you to Yoshida for moving the game from Vita to PS4 (if the rumors are true).

That would be sad but there is a chance the series can find more success on PS4.

Salex_

I wish he explained what "unannounced" meant. New title or a game that they don't want people to know is there before the event (TLG is the only announced Japanese game that makes sense). Anyways, Gamescom is shaping up to be a great event.

New Japanese PS4 game from Sony (Or TLG).
Bloodborne confirmed to be playable.
Rime is hinted by the devs to be at the event and playable.
Media Molecule will most likely be there to announce their new IP judging by the tweets before E3.
Possible updates on previously announced titles (Shadow of the Beast, Everybody's Gone to Rapture, The Order, R&C PS4, etc)

Then we have wild cards like Bend Studio, London Studios, and GG all working on new IPs. I think one of these studios will announce their game at Gamescom or at that event in December if it's still relevant after last year lol.

I'm really looking forward to this event
Which rumours?

There's no rumors, just speculation. I guess it's based on them not announcing the platform and if some people read this tweet
https://twitter.com/K_Toyama/status/479655571319058434

which doesn't really say much since he said he doesn't reply to many English tweets because his English isn't very good. He could be saying he's making a sequel (or 1.5 like sequel) and wait for the upcoming event so he can announce the platform(s). He probably can't reveal any information that wasn't already revealed.

Any time Gravity Rush 2 is talked about in this forum there are certain posters hinting at a PS4 release.

Can't find the posts at the moment.

Oh, I thought you were referring to something more concrete. Those posts are really nothing more than mere port-begging from folks who don't want to resort to buying a Vita to play the Gravity Rush games. The graphics in that GR 2 teaser video were definitely not of PS4 quality, so whatever the game is, it was intended to be coming out on the Vita. Maybe it will come to PS4 as well, but there's nothing to go on right now other than speculation surrounding Sony's current treatment of the Vita and how they're putting it on the back burner.

Servbot24

Banned
Gravity Rush seems more likely. It wasn't officially announced with a title and platform.

Also, preemptive fuck you to Yoshida for moving the game from Vita to PS4 (if the rumors are true).

Ooh, really? I'll have both consoles by then so it doesn't matter to me. GR1 showed a lot of promise, very interested what it could become with a full scale budget.

Gravity Rush seems more likely. It wasn't officially announced with a title and platform.

1) Why not both?

2)GR on PS4 is great news. The franchise is no longer restricted to a niche machine and may even become more popular now.

Hope there will be Megatons, but I won't be able to witness them live ;(

A new Hot Shots Tennis and Gravity Rush (both Vita/PS4 cross-buy) would be amazing! Still crossing my fingers for a Colony Wars Morpheus surprise reveal ;)

Lucreto

Imagine it opening up with Shu in the chair again but instead of Killzone we see a dynamic theme or something, then he switches to a music player then switches to playing a new game while the music continues to play.Then he finishes by giving a date for the next big firmware. I kinda want PlayStation Home PS4 too!

Probably won't happen lol.

I don't think that will never happen. They want us to use Music Unlimited. I expect we can listen to our own music outside of the game but use Music Unlimited while in game.

1upmuffin

I really hope they show a cool new IP soon, I want to want a PS4, but currently it doesn't have any must have games for me.

DieH@rd

Banned
Sony Gamescom show starts with the montage.... then darknes... single blue spotlight falls on Yoshida who is again sitting on the stage. Camera operators fumbles a little, but all gets better as soon as Yosp boots up Bloodbourne. Everyone watching it gets to live 5 more years longer because of the happiness they felt in that moment.

yosp157syz.jpg

dddooozzz9

Neo Member
Sony Gamescom show starts with the montage.... then darknes... single blue spotlight falls on Yoshida who is again sitting on the stage. Camera operators fumbles a little, but all gets better as soon as Yosp boots up Bloodbourne. Everyone watching it gets to live 5 more years longer because of the happiness they felt in that moment.

yosp157syz.jpg

I will be dead!

Top Bottom