• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Another potential reveal?

untitledfdasspsb9.png

sense

untitledfdasspsb9.png

dead nation 2!!!! they teased it a long time ago and pretty sure that is their next big game.

august seems to be the month everybody lays down their d's on the table for the holiday season so I would expect gamescom to get bigger if not already than e3 in the coming years because timing is perfect for companies to focus on the holiday season

EU REPRESENT

So I wonder if Rockstar will appear at gamescom. Probably the exclusive stuff for gta v that the sony UK guy was talking about.

Danlord

The press got invitations and in the invitation they're talking about an unannounced japanese PS4 game (from Sony) which will be there. Hopefully it won't be behind closed doors.
More likely Gravity Rush although a new Ape Escape or Siren game would go down very well with me! :p

untitledfdasspsb9.png
As per Housemarque likely present and thus Dead Nation 2, I would be interested in that. I have enjoyed what I've played of it for PS4 so far and would be interested in a native PS4 title, perhaps to allow 1080p60 and a lot more zombies not being tied to the old code.

ClearData

Gravity Rush seems more likely. It wasn't officially announced with a title and platform.

Also, preemptive fuck you to Yoshida for moving the game from Vita to PS4 (if the rumors are true).

C' mon man. Don't badmouth Shu until you know the truth.

Xando

EU REPRESENT

So I wonder if Rockstar will appear at gamescom. Probably the exclusive stuff for gta v that the sony UK guy was talking about.

Rockstar is never on stage :(
They probably show a new trailer with release date.
I could see a PS4 + GTA V bundle announcement.

It's a lot more than wishful thinking tbh.

The trailer pretty much seemed in line with the original game. There certainly wasn't anything in it to make you think "Hey, that's a PS4 game!"

vlcsnap-2014-07-25-23njuev.png

vlcsnap-2014-07-25-232fum8.png

Her model looks more or less the same as it did in the original. I think the best anyone that wants it on a console could hope for is that they'll make a PS4 version to go along with it since I doubt that they'll turn it into a PS4 exclusive.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Only few weeks to go :p
Is it possible that we might get GTA 5 date? or that's off the table?

The trailer pretty much seemed in line with the original game. There certainly wasn't anything in it to make you think "Hey, that's a PS4 game!"

vlcsnap-2014-07-25-23njuev.png

vlcsnap-2014-07-25-232fum8.png

Her model looks more or less the same as it did in the original. I think the best anyone that wants it on a console could hope for is that they'll make a PS4 version to go along with it since I doubt that they'll turn it into a PS4 exclusive.

I think its because its been a long time since the tease people think the project has been moved to PS4.

Personally I'm hoping for PS4/PSV.

Lucreto

I say we will see something of The Last Guardian at Gamescom.

After the storm of its potential cancellation before E3 and getting official response from Shuhei Yoshida and others I say they will show something like a teaser just to prove it is still alive.

Kyoufu

I say we will see something of The Last Guardian at Gamescom.

After the storm of its potential cancellation before E3 and getting official response from Shuhei Yoshida and others I say they will show something like a teaser just to prove it is still alive.

TLG is too big to be re-revealed at Gamescom tbh. That's an E3 kind of thang.

Lucreto

TLG is too big to be re-revealed at Gamescom tbh. That's an E3 kind of thang.

The same could be said with many other titles. Gamescom is getting bigger every year and soon it could be as big as E3.

Sony seem to take great advantage of it. They announced price cuts and PS3 slim at Gamescom which are considered E3 news.

a916

So new Guerrilla IP
New Media Molecule IP
Ratchet & Clank Redux
Hungry Hoard
Shadow of the Beast
New House Marque game
New WIpEout
And three PS3 remasters announced

I think it's way too early to expect a new GG IP outside of a short teaser.

I think it's way too early to expect a new GG IP outside of a short teaser.

It's worth remembering that they've been working on that game in some form since 2010. By now i'd think that they'd have something ready to show. As it stands Sony's gamescom is looking like this in terms of new content

Rumor:
Media Molecule game
Housemarque game

Confirmed:
Journey PS4
Unfinished Swan PS4
New Sony Japan title
Until Dawn re-reveal for PS4

And there's probably more. So that's a good amount of new content for one show, which means that Sony might not feel that Guerrilla's game needs to be included.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
moving gravity rush to ps4 seems like too smart a move from sceja
but then again it's not a monster hunting game so maybe they don't really care

What's this?

Smart Move?
What are you talking about?
PS4 is bombing and moving GR to PS4 would piss the owners of Vita that is the best selling Sony console in Japan.
A PS4 exclusive spinoff or a PS4/Vita GR2 maybe(and i repeat maybe) would be acceptable, but moving completely GR to PS4 is not acceptable at all.

Smart Move?
PS4 is bombing and moving GR to PS4 would piss the owners of Vita that is the best selling Sony console in Japan.
A PS4 exclusive spinoff or a PS4/Vita GR2 maybe(and i repeat maybe) would be acceptable, but moving completely GR to PS4 is not acceptable at all.

Unlike certain niche JP games, Gravity Rush has far more potential for sales in the West. Besides user base means very little when the initial game sold 80k un JP.

I think it would be silly if Sony completely removed GR2 from Vita considering the original fans are on that platform and SCEJ's support for Vita has shown they somehwat dedicated to he platform.

A PS4 and PSV release is what I think would be the best.

jiggle

Smart Move?
ps4 is in dire need of Jpn games
and GR2 is one

That's all we know for now.

hmm
interesting they are announcing it at gamescom
no way they will steal driceclub's puny thunder with GT7...

and GR2 is one

hmm
interesting they are announcing it at gamescom
no way they will steal driceclub's puny thunder with GT7...

I reckon its a SCEJ title. Puppeteer and Rain where revealed at Gamescom and like you said a GT reveal will detract from DC, unless its announced years before release.

Usobuko

Banned
What are the exclusive games, be it AAA or indie or mid-tier, which Sony shown last Gamescom? Should I be anticipating something for this year event?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
and GR2 is one
PS4 lacks all the Japanese games, i don't see why GR should be the one passing to PS4 when there are many Japanese brands that keep staying on the PS3(Persona 5, Tales of, Atelier just to name some), first party dead franchises(Ape escape for example) or MIA projects(The Last Guardian)
As always PS home console owners always want PS handhelds to be sacrificed in the name the "superior" home consoles.

zeromcd73

Smart Move?

Gravity Rush only sold 75k in Japan, so it honestly isn't a big deal. It's a great franchise the really deserves a chance on the big console to hopefully thrive, not just in Japan, but in the West.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gravity Rush only sold 75k in Japan, so it honestly isn't a big deal. It's a great franchise the really deserves a chance on the big console to hopefully thrive, not just in Japan, but in the West.

In Japan home consoles are basically dead and as you said GR is not a system seller, so it wouldn't change anything except pissing Vita owners that are the principal SCEJA target.

If people wants to play it they should buy Vita, exactly like people do with XBox consoles for Halo, Nintendo consoles for Mario, a PS4 for Infamous etc, not port begging.

I'm not saying that GR should remain a Vita exclusive, an Uncharted spinoff is on Vita for example, a GR spinoff/port for PS4 or GR2 for PS4/Vita may be an acceptable move, but GR2 only for PS4 is not acceptable at all, would you accept Uncharted 4(or any other main sequel of a PS3/4 ip) Vita exclusive? I don't think so.

Kyoufu

I can't wait for GR2 to be properly revealed. Crows will be served.

But since this is about Gamescom, I think a Gran Turismo game would be more likely to be shown.

At this point sony will always prioritise PS4 with games. I agree with psycho mantis that gravity rush has a great chance on being on both systems.

Any vita game unveiled at gamescom will have a high chance on being on ps4 as well.

Top Bottom