• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

gofreak said:
The Lumines hinting on the Twitter lately, from Mielke and Q Entertainment, has been crazy obvious. Unless I'm totally misreading it.

If I were at SCE I would buy the rights to Lumines and bundle it with every NGP launched.

The game is simply amazing. You add touch controls and maybe more people could play it. I'm not sure how it would work though.

yencid said:
which naruto are we talking about? the psp or the ps3 ones?

the psp ones *again, ninja heroes 1* are very much different when it comes to characters.

(unique moves i mean, its still a fairly simple game but every character has their own style)

I agree characters have their own style, but you can learn one character and quickly move to another one, without having to learn a new independent button scheme.

It's like that on PSP and PS3.

Takao said:
Wanna talk complex anime based fighting games:

I don't know about the US, but the EU version had terrible slowdowns in the downtown stage if you had characters with a constant aura effect. Loading times were also very frequent, it just wasn't a very exciting game.

yencid

VjMGe.jpg
lBcPi.png
VnDEW.png

People choose an audience and if they want to reach kids who watch anime (not saying only kids watch anime, I'm 26 and still watch it, but they are the prime audience). You release a game that they can pick up and play and play well so their attention is kept.

Overly complex games drive a lot of people away.

Incorporated touch screen controls and simpler button schemes is a strategy to gain a wider audience.

It's exactly what enabled the DS to sell better than the GBA (that and other price/economy).

Takao

Banned
General Shank-a-snatch said:
I don't know about the US, but the EU version had terrible slowdowns in the downtown stage if you had characters with a constant aura effect. Loading times were also very frequent, it just wasn't a very exciting game.

I remember the loading times being bad, but I don't recall slowdown.

Takao said:
I remember the loading times being bad, but I don't recall slowdown.

You guys were lucky, then (besides the English voice acting that we didn't even have as an option.) I immediately sold it and never looked back. I appreciated the diverse moves the characters had, but the fighting really needed a bit more of a dynamic feel, that's a trademark of the series. It was also a bummer that the story mode stopped at the end of Cell Saga. It was a missed opportunity, it could have been way more popular.

I ask this in every thread but most answers are diverse, i still have no clue.

Coming from the fact that some android phones (galaxy s) can already run crazy taxi in a dreamcast emulator - will the psp2/vita/ngp be possible to emulate dreamcast at a playable speed? I have no clue about tech stuff, but that would be my dream come true, once it is hacked (assuming there will be no official emulator). space channel 5, power stone and maybe even shenmue on a portable with a glorious OLED screen? gimme that!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Hearing Garnett talk about NGP's OLED screen on 'weekend confirmed' has me so hyped.

"the OLED screen is GROSS" - Garnett

gross, being good lol

newsguy

gofreak said:
The Lumines hinting on the Twitter lately, from Mielke and Q Entertainment, has been crazy obvious. Unless I'm totally misreading it.
I would die for a new lumines with use of some of the new features.

This is the system the game Mercury was built for - well, it should be anyway. ;) Of course there are a tonne of iPhone variants of that idea that will likely be Playstation Suite'd. The bottom touch screen could also be amusing for Populous, but I'm sure someone already mentioned that.

There's a good chance of a new Lumines or Lumines re-release, seeing that the game never got a PSN release.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Lumines with some creative themes added is all I want, don't even have to add anything else

Pirabear

Banned
Any chance of more Gravity Daze info? The fact that pretty much every other game shown at the January conference already has information leaked leads me to believe that it wont be a launch window game. :\

KAL2006

Banned
Luminate said:
Any chance of more Gravity Daze info? The fact that pretty much every other game shown at the January conference already has information leaked leads me to believe that it wont be a launch window game. :\

Well it isn't just Gravity Daze that wasn't shown, LittleBigPlanet, Smart As, Killzone and Broken were also not shown.

Apparently there are 2 games that were demo'd but both are embargoed, though they are most likely unannounced games, I doubt Sony would have 2 known games embargoed.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Luminate said:
Is it being developed by SCEJ? maybe it's being saved for TGS. It'll probably be name dropped and show up in a reel. At this point that's all I'm expecting.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just say hell yeah I want to get my Djmax on with this machine?

yurinka

I want more Lumines.

Jinfash said:
Is it being developed by SCEJ? maybe it's being saved for TGS. It'll probably be name dropped and show up in a reel. At this point that's all I'm expecting.
I would say they are a couple of surprises for E3.

Spiegel

Luminate said:

The game will be shown at E3. Unless Toyama is working on something else too

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432547

@k_toyama [Found it!] #hanedaairport He's got a sweet game to show you all this E3.

EDIT

Or maybe not

spats

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
Random question. Are those "grips" to the left and right of the touch pad buttons?

No, they're just grips. The textured surface is the touchpad which can (and will) be used as L2/R2 among other things.

spats said:
No, they're just grips. The textured surface is the touchpad which can (and will) be used as L2/R2 among other things.

Interesting. As a mainly 360 gamer, I would have preferred some real trigger buttons some how. Still be there day one regardless (if $300 or less for Wifi version).

I don't know. For them to figure out (or not as I said I still intend to get one on day one). Already seems like it's going to be bulky with the joysticks. Just throw some triggers on there so I can have the fully legit Call of Duty experience that I am looking forward to.

Mrbob

Triggers would be nice, but I don't it would even be feasible with the design of the system. You either bulk it out at the top which negates the look and light weight of the device, or you create some slots in the the back where the grip pads are located and slide them there. I really don't like either solution.

I'm guessing the solutions to using your weapons in a FPS like COD is to either use the right shoulder button or right back panel. Tap tap tap for single shots or hold down continuous fire.

Raine

I don't know. For them to figure out (or not as I said I still intend to get one on day one). Already seems like it's going to be bulky with the joysticks. Just throw some triggers on there so I can have the fully legit Call of Duty experience that I am looking forward to.
It already has L3/R3. (technically L2/R2 in this case). 2 more triggers can be made up for elsewhere. It's really not something that would limit FPS like the lack of a second analogue did.

Raistlin

Dedication Through Light said:
I thought OLED screens had higher scratch and smudge resistance?
The display tech used does not automatically correlate to the screen glass/plastic used. For example Corning's Gorilla Glass is used in LCD and OLED displays. Actually my OLED phone and IPS LCD tablet both use it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Interesting. As a mainly 360 gamer, I would have preferred some real trigger buttons some how. Still be there day one regardless (if $300 or less for Wifi version).

I think L1/R1 will be fine for zoom and shoot in shooter games, since they are more of real old shoulder buttons not like the marshmallow-like LB and RB on the 360 controller.

Raistlin said:
The display tech used does not automatically correlate to the screen glass/plastic used. For example Corning's Gorilla Glass is used in LCD and OLED displays. Actually my OLED phone and IPS LCD tablet both use it.
Would Sony skimp on the screen glass to keep the cost down?

Totobeni said:
I think L1/R1 will be fine for zoom and shoot in shooter games, since they are more of real old shoulder buttons not like the marshmallow-like LB and RB on the 360 controller.

Yeah. It'll be fine. Take like two seconds to get used to, I'm sure. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Want to see some new games in action.

Raistlin

pharmboy044 said:
Would Sony skimp on the screen glass to keep the cost down?
I suppose it's possible. Then again they use gorilla glass on their TV's, so they probably have a pretty good contract with Corning.

StuBurns

Banned
Sony have been taking the system around studios and demoing it for staff for the last few months, I'm guessing it must be something new otherwise he'd have probably seen it. Also there's no doubt Capcom material he's seen internally.

Spiegel

Remake

My bingo card will come true

Or maybe he saw an NGP that was literally behind a curtain and it's so pretty that he wants one.

StuBurns said:
Sony have been taking the system around studios and demoing it for staff for the last few months, I'm guessing it must be something new otherwise he'd have probably seen it. Also there's no doubt Capcom material he's seen internally.

I can imagine Yoshida going all over the place like those dudes in the Wii ads lol

gbovo

Tim Moss: Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica
http://twitter.com/#!/TDMoss
#SMStudio: has 8 games from our talented external teams at E3 this year. A shit load of devs worked really hard the last few weeks.
When someone asked what the 8 games were, his response was,
@TooPawned: Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Sound Shapes, Journey + 4 others that are not yet announced
Bolding is mine.

galian beast said:
If Monday rolls around and the only advantage the 3DS has over the NGP is 3D capabilities, it's going to lose. Period point blank. One of the biggest problems the PSP had over it's life was the confusion the 3rd parties had. I think you would be hard pressed as a developer to suggest to your fans that "hey, we couldn't do this game without 3d capabilities." Especially when the 3DS can turn those capabilities off.
Well, there's also the key advantage Nintendo's likely always going to hold over other hardware manufacturers (Apple, Sony, Microsoft, etc): 1st party games. Taste is subjective, but there's really no arguing with the power of Nintendo's own games to push hardware unlike any other hardware provider, particularly handheld hardware.

Afrikan

gbovo said:
Tim Moss: Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica
http://twitter.com/#!/TDMoss

When someone asked what the 8 games were, his response was,

Bolding is mine.

wouldn't one of the 4 unannounced games be Sorcery?...but that has already been announced. Don't tell me that game won't be at E3? :(

maybe he just forgot it.

Top Bottom