• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

lunchwithyuzo said:
Well, there's also the key advantage Nintendo's likely always going to hold over other hardware manufacturers (Apple, Sony, Microsoft, etc): 1st party games. Taste is subjective, but there's really no arguing with the power of Nintendo's own games to push hardware unlike any other hardware provider, particularly handheld hardware.
Also, lower development costs (particularly for non-niche core titles that aren't console spinoffs created from existing assets).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
gbovo said:
Tim Moss: Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica
http://twitter.com/#!/TDMoss

When someone asked what the 8 games were, his response was,

Bolding is mine.

8 games from external studios ...cool, but Show me your own games already.

I want Kratos with guns riding a Pegasus-SR-71 hybrid , defending the Great America Empire from evil Cyborg-zombie Hercules in space.

Takao

Banned
gbovo said:
Tim Moss: Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica
http://twitter.com/#!/TDMoss

When someone asked what the 8 games were, his response was,

Bolding is mine.

God of War: The Next Generation
Heavenly Sword 2: Nariko Boogaloo
Pixel Junk Super Saiyan Disco
Kinetica vs. WipEout

Dunan

sykoex said:
I wonder how usable the NGP would be holding it in the portrait position. Could be pretty cool for top down shooters, random touch screen games, or even just using the web browser.

There weren't too many vertically-oriented PSP games, were there? I played the detective novel game Anata o Yurusanai ("You Are Not Forgiven"), which was vertical, and really liked it. Not a fan of the fact that the vertical only went one way -- L and R on your left, nub at the bottom right -- but if you could set that yourself, I'd love to see many more vertical games. On a handheld, with total leeway to orient the device in all kinds of ways, developers should be more creative!

yurinka

Galvanise_ said:
Can't do that. Sony learned from the PSP.
Sure, no would be harder now to make something like a pandora battery to hack the system.
perfectnight said:
Uncharted/Sound Shapes/Wipeout.

We already know about those :/

I want to see new games.
Make sure they will show at least a couple more from 1st party, and a ton of 3rd party games in E3.
SolidSnakex said:
I assume Star hawk would be one of these unnamed games. Maybe Sound shapes would be the other one.

perfectnight said:
Uncharted/Sound Shapes/Wipeout.

We already know about those :/

I want to see new games.

Are you sure, from the schedule they could be games that were announced during the show?

GTTV Tuesday
11:00AM PDT
Reggie, Zelda, NGP and More
Streaming Live on GameTrailers.com
The big man Reggie Fils-Aime meets up with Geoff – and this time it’s live! You don’t want to miss this interview. Plus, the first ever demo of THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD. Sony stops by with the NGP and some of the just-announced games for the system. Plus, more surprise demos we can’t talk about yet and game designer Michel Ancel brings by an exclusive new look at RAYMAN: ORIGINS.

KAL2006

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
Are you sure, from the schedule they could be games that were announced during the show?

GTTV Tuesday
The big man Reggie Fils-Aime meets up with Geoff – and this time it’s live! You don’t want to miss this interview. Plus, the first ever demo of THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD. Sony stops by with the NGP and some of the just-announced games for the system. Plus, more surprise demos we can’t talk about yet and game designer Michel Ancel brings by an exclusive new look at RAYMAN: ORIGINS.

Can't wait they must have some surprises for Vita at the conference. My bet is a bigger reveal for COD, that new Guerrilla Action RPG that is cross compatible between Vita and PS3 as well as Lumines and Modnation Racers. I also expect other 3rd party titles such as Street Fighter III, Mortal Kombat, Dynasty Warriors, the standard sports games and etc. There must also be more stuff about the Vita's features such as the the services it provides (connectivity, netflix, remote play, save state, facebook, web browser and etc).

yencid

FUCKING HELL TIME IS PASSING SLOW TODAY.

I WANT IT TO BE TOMORROW ALREADY.

NEXT GENERATION PLAYSTATION PORTABLE VITA 2

MY BODY IS READY

Takao

Banned
Akainu said:
It's got no screen.

That ID thing is also amazingly clean, and digital looking for a hand written piece. As well, the shoulder buttons are clearly black there. Everything we've seen thus far has been clear shoulder buttons like the PSP.

spats

I like that whoever did that went through the effort of texture mapping every button on that mac keyboard but uses approximated ambient occlusion. The solid black shadow between the pen and the unit looks like shit.

yencid said:
FUCKING HELL TIME IS PASSING SLOW TODAY.

I WANT IT TO BE TOMORROW ALREADY.

NEXT GENERATION PLAYSTATION PORTABLE VITA 2

MY BODY IS READY

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

Dedication Through Light said:

GTTV Tuesday

I hope you're right! It would suck if all the games they show off are just the ones already previewed at the PS.blog

CamHostage

Noxia said:
Soo Sony said the 3DS isn't a competitor because it's just an updated DS. Yet NGP is a more powerful PSP with an extra analogue stick and some strange touch panel. What are they brining that is new?

Well, in Sony's way of thinking, the DS wasn't a competitor to the PSP... it was the PSP itself that led to its disappointment (that, and its competition in iPhone and other multimedia devices.) Sure, the DS ate into sales that Sony was hoping to have on their side, but NDS was for the most part in a league of its own during its heyday. Of course Sony takes the opportunities to compare itself when the numbers are good (or when they can find some obscure way to spin it, which is becoming more and more the case,) but even in the PS2 days it was less about beating the competition and more about the success and health of their own buyer base.

FoxSpirit said:
What I want to know: REGIONFREE???

That will decide between Day 1 or not. Already did with the 3DS, didn't get that.

Depends on the lengths that Sony feels that they need to go to in order to lock down the PSP2.

CamHostage said:
Well, in Sony's way of thinking, the DS wasn't a competitor to the PSP... it was the PSP itself that led to its disappointment (that, and its competition in iPhone and other multimedia devices.) Sure, the DS ate into sales that Sony was hoping to have on their side, but NDS was for the most part in a league of its own during its heyday. Of course Sony takes the opportunities to compare itself when the numbers are good (or when they can find some obscure way to spin it, which is becoming more and more the case,) but even in the PS2 days it was less about beating the competition and more about the success and health of their own buyer base.

When did selling 70 million systems become a disappointment?

Chiggs

Gold Member
gofreak said:
Capcom PR dude on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/WesPhillips

Hype get etc. etc.

I think it's probably going to be just about the best handheld gaming device ever released.

outunderthestars said:
When did selling 70 million systems become a disappointment?

If someone said that a company was coming out in 2004 with a handheld system in Nintendo's market and that it would sell 70 million units... you would get laughed at.

I think the 3DS is in a really tough position. I want to compare it to Tetris 2. You sold the system to a lot of casual gamers, now you have to sell a new system in the product line to the same people at a higher costs? They're asking themselves why they need to buy a new system at all.

To an extent anyways.

People kind of assume that the next system will sell as well as the system before it. But look at the NES compared to the SNES or the SNES compared to the N64 and even the N64 compared to the Gamecube...

At it's price point I think the 3DS is going to struggle MIGHTILY. I think it would be lucky if it is as successful as the GBA. I would be really impressed if it were, and on that note if the price is right I think the NGP will be much more successful than the PSP.

I think people don't realize that the PSP is 10 million away from the GBA, which was really successful.

goldenpp72 said:
When you sell no games

I think the software sales were actually pretty good given the quality of the system.

Handheld software sales were never especially strong historically... And despite the smaller userbase in Japan, PSP games still did just as well as DS games if not better. (3rd parties)

goldenpp72

galian beast said:
I think the software sales were actually pretty good given the quality of the system.

Handheld software sales were never especially strong historically... And despite the smaller userbase in Japan, PSP games still did just as well as DS games if not better. (3rd parties)

When game's like peace walker don't even chart in NPD, you know your system is fucked. That game would have sold better on the wii then it did on psp.

Piracy is a real bitch for psp unfortunately, hopefully psp2 somehow locks down piracy while still enabling wonderful emulation.

goldenpp72 said:
When game's like peace walker don't even chart in NPD, you know your system is fucked. That game would have sold better on the wii then it did on psp.

Piracy is a real bitch for psp unfortunately, hopefully psp2 somehow locks down piracy while still enabling wonderful emulation.

I blame Sony's pricing on that. They should have dropped the price of the PSP years ago.

goldenpp72 said:

never gonna happen. didnt geohotz enable homebrew but did not help to enable rom-launchers? yet, sony sued him

Top Bottom