• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Registers "Wipeout Trinity" (also, Wipeout 2048 too!)

Mœbius

UnluckyKate said:
WipEout 50 years earlier could be more... dirty and industrial. Not that I do not LOVE the pure and clean aesthetic of WipEout, but a more gritty and darker approach could be nice for a change.

Rattles

reptilescorpio said:
And I was just saying yesterday. that Sony wasn't treating the franchise with enough respect. Thank you for listening to me Sony, I await the glorious return of Wipeout. All is forgiven.
Not just wipeout but the studio as a whole. Studio Liverpool makes great tech and games and have so for what, almost 30 years now. They use to be a big studio for Sony but have quieted down over the past 10 years only to make a splash with Wipeout hd/fury. Then the news about a possible closer! jesus wth was sony thinking, Let these guys go crazy, they sit on a mountain of ip's that are begging for a reboot.

Takao

Banned
plufim said:
Can it be both? Trinity being an NGP game and 2048 being a PS3 game.

There was a rumor that NGP launch games from Sony would include WipEout 2048 (long before this trademark was made public), Smart As, and Modnation Racers. It's an NGP game.

plufim

Takao said:
There was a rumor that NGP launch games from Sony would include WipEout 2048 (long before this trademark was made public), Smart As, and Modnation Racers. It's an NGP game.
I just want to have my cake and eat it to.

Actually, I think what I actually want here is two cakes.

The only Wipeout game in development at the moment is for the NGP, they're currently putting together all new content together for E3.

low-G

More WipEout please! Seriously, I was getting real depressed for a while that the series wasn't getting more love.

I will buy SYSTEMS to play WipEout! (meaning I would buy a NGP or PS4 for WipEout alone)

I don't think this is a compilation.

A.) What 3 Wipeout games would it make sense to package together, especially nowadays?
B.) What sense does it make to even make a racing game compilation?

Did they register Colony Wars by any chance in freezing hell?

;(

ZyZDf.jpg

SmithnCo

LaserBuddha said:

A.) What 3 Wipeout games would it make sense to package together, especially nowadays?
B.) What sense does it make to even make a racing game compilation?

Also with God of War and Sly Cooper, they both had the "Collection" subtitle and Sony would probably want to continue that. In the end I hope you're right, it means we get a new Wipeout and the possibility of a different HD collection, if rumors are true.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I still suck so much at Wipeout that no new game in the series is interesting to me. I still have Wipeout HD with 95% unfinished because of it.

StarEye said:
I still suck so much at Wipeout that no new game in the series is interesting to me. I still have Wipeout HD with 95% unfinished because of it.

Your mind evolves to suit the game. Just give it time and get plenty of sleep.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
LaserBuddha said:

Maybe HD, Fury and a third set/expansion?

For NGP, I mean.

With the engine/game ported over apparently so well, they may have started by making a new collection of tracks - but why not include the HD and Fury stuff also? Maybe that's what they've decided to do.

edit - or if 2048 is the NGP game, maybe it is the new stuff, and Trinity will be a PS3 bundling of HD/Fury/2048. I dunno!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
StarEye said:

Same here mate :-(, I love the series, I was pretty good @ the original and 2097/XL, but Wipeout HD is insanely hard imo, I wish they would tone the difficulty down at tad.

Xater

DJmizuhara said:
The only Wipeout game in development at the moment is for the NGP, they're currently putting together all new content together for E3.

You got some info from your friend? ;)

UnluckyKate said:
Please, let not be a NGP title. I want another WipEout experience on PS3.

There's no possible way that they're not making an NGP title right now. I'm sure it'll provide them with plenty of content for a potential future PS3 game though.

Forsete

Gold Member
345triangle said:
if there is a wipeout game at launch, i am there for NGP day one.

*highfive*

To be honest, I would probably have gotten one anyway. :p
Now, EU release this year please!

Xater

Wipeout would be a pretty amazing launch title. That could get me to buy a NGP, if the battery life isn't terrible. That really hinders my fun of the 3DS.

RDreamer

Awesome! Wipeout HD was amazing. I usually don't play racing games, outside of loving the Jet Moto series back when that was going, but I loved and played the hell out of Wipeout HD. I will now instantly buy any expansion or sequel or whatever they decide to put out.

jamaniek

YEEEEEEES! Finaly! Can't wait for E3!
ikRuOS.jpg

Graphics Horse said:
There's no possible way that they're not making an NGP title right now. I'm sure it'll provide them with plenty of content for a potential future PS3 game though.
It could be both PS3 and NGP game. Porting PS3 games to the NGP seems to be quite easy.

Suzzopher

Totobeni said:
I want it to be a First/Third person shooter/RPG hybrid in Wipeout universe.

You know what, last I heard the next WipEout game would be vastly different. I shit you not. Hopefully that game was canned.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Suzzopher said:
You know what, last I heard the next WipEout game would be vastly different. I shit you not. Hopefully that game was canned.

Why? I hope that project is alive, Wipeout need the change and new ideas if they want to save the IP and the developer from death, let it be shooter with racing parts like Rage or open world like Burnout Paradise or anything new here will be good for the series at this point.

°°ToMmY°° said:
i want you to shut the fuck up for once.

:(

wipeout in cockpit view complete with head shake could be cool... how will the dashboard of a wipeout vehicle will look like? I assume some on screen map, weapon selection etc
Totobeni said:
Why? I hope that project is alive, Wipeout need the change and new ideas if they want to save the IP and the developer from death, let it be shooter with racing parts like Rage or open world like Burnout Paradise or anything new here will be good for the series at this point.

I wish we got 2 wipeout, Wipeout NGP will be similar to Wipeout HD, basically it's the classic wipeout, then Wipeout PS3/4 is the new Wipeout.

Salz01

I would like to have another Wipeout. But for the PS3, not NGP! Unless I can hook up the NGP to my PS3 and play it that way.

Top Bottom