• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Chamber

love on your sleeve
A september release would be mind blowing. October would be good, but earlier the better.

November launch would suck.

It's funny, up until this week most of us expected a November launch. Now it feels like it would be disappointing to wait that long.

Samyy

Dont Sony need to announce some titles for a Japan launch? They prep 3 for NA/EU and nothing catering to Japan is hard to believe...maybe thats where the 3rd parties come in -shrug-

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny, up until this week most of us expected a November launch. Now it feels like it would be disappointing to wait that long.
Naw. Not for me, at least. I'm expecting October 29 at the earliest.

LastNac

regarding Sega, I see no reason for Sony to pursue Yakuza exclusive for PS4, it didn't sell in the west, won't sell on Xbox1 in Japan, and WiiU is probably underpowered to run it.

it's PS4 exclusive by default.

whatever those 2 exclusive is, it must have some sort of international appeal for Sony to get interested to moneyhat. or it's a genre that Sony want for diversity.

could be Virtua Fighter to fill their fighter lineup to go against Killer Instinct, and the other one is new IP imo.
Shenmue 3. I really feel like that to be the case this time, not joking.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Dont Sony need to announce some titles for a Japan launch? They prep 3 for NA/EU and nothing catering to Japan is hard to believe...maybe thats where the 3rd parties come in -shrug-

I have a feeling that TGS is going to be a big show for Japanese next gen games.

njean777

October would be nice, but I suspect November to be the release date. I doubt they want to cut into GTA territory.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong, even if it discredits me here. I want gamescom to blow my socks out my ass.

hypetubcirii.png

It'd be nice. Japan certainly has an easier tool set to deal with this time around... the fear now of course is that SE, Capcom and Konami have all fallen into mismanaged messes over the past few years. Let's hope the smaller Japanese devs can pick up the slack.

Well i looking forward to GUST , Namco Bandai ( since we getting tales games ) and a few others .
More power makes it easier to have better looking games with out them breaking the bank .
A tales game in 1080p with good AA , some nice effects and animation is all it takes to make me happy .

Guys, guys. The explosion of awesomeness is so huge that it blows my socks INTO my legs and up and it exits my ass. They don't start in my ass. Who would put socks in their ass? That's just silly. I'm talking real science here.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guys, guys. The explosion of awesomeness is so huge that it blows my socks INTO my legs and up and it exits my ass. They don't start in my ass. Who would put socks in their ass? That's just silly. I'm talking real science here.

In reference to release date or games? I'm more concerned with games announcements at the moment.

I'm ok with this....as long as they localize this. If it's going to turn out to be a VC3 like situation then no. I rather not suffer :p

:lol, I know this isn't your thing but have you heard anything about Yakuza6, FF15 or persona5? Is Sony bringing those out for tgs?

LastNac

"Elizabeth, I need you to open a tear here!"

Tratorn

If famousmortimer is right, then Sony is doing everything right...except for games, lol.
Even if they think they'll sell out for the holidays most of the time, they should show that they have at least some bigger games in development, so the people won't see the XB1 as a good alternative and buy it instead.
The reasons why Sony won the E3 are almost all gone and the games wasn't one of them (MS was in fact much better, because they showed a lot of stuff from late next year).
If MS again has a better showing on gamescom, Sony will lose more and more from the really strong momentum they had, since games is what people buy consoles for.

They have to show a strong lineup before launch, so the people will wait to get a PS4 even when it's sold out and don't look too much on the alternatives.

The goal should be to get a decent enough difference in hardware base between PS4 and XB1 as fast as possible. For that you have to be acting and not hold everything back for reacting.

As painful as that sounds, I'm hopeful we won't be dissapointed such that the reaction happens in reverse. That would be even more horrible.

On second thought, both are the stuff of nightmares.

Just gotta double-check here: Four to one in North America?! I'd believe a world-wide ratio of 4-1, but just NA alone would be absolutely absurd. You honestly didn't mistype here?

Prepare your butt. Because your socks are gonna be blasting their way out of it in a second.

4-to-1. US.

*Socksplosion*

Actually I have no idea.

Globox_82

Banned
I honestly don't care if sony has few 3rd party exclusives. Those are history more or less anyways. Those end up being timed exclusives anyways. So I would rather see them invest in their first party, as they are doing atm.

ND and SSM potentially having 3 teams in a few year, is enough for me.

What am I still doing up??

I'm sitting here in my tub, socks hanging from my ass, just refreshing the page, scanning for FamousMortimer and Verendus.

I've gotta go to bed.

Piggus

Just gotta double-check here: Four to one in North America?! I'd believe a world-wide ratio of 4-1, but just NA alone would be absolutely absurd. You honestly didn't mistype here?

A new console gen is a clean slate for these companies. People vastly overestimate brand loyalty. Remember all the people who thought PS3 was a guaranteed success just because the PS2 dominated? Hell I was one of them. But Sony had to work quite hard for second place...

I'll answer questions the best I can... but lately my posts have become posts on news sites so I unfortunately have to be much more vague than I used to be. I totally get why cboat posts the way he does...
I'm curious, internally what is Sony's reaction towards the games Microsoft has announced so far? I'd be interested to know what they think about Sunset Overdrive.

Top Bottom