• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Third party exclusives matter - Titanfall is arguably the biggest exclusive and even if it is timed for one year, if it turns out to be as good as people think it is its going to move units.

It'll be interesting to see what Sony sends out against Titanfall next year.

I don't think they matter as much as some people do , Sony should be looking to make the next UC , GOW , GT , TLOU where they own the IP.
Then again i don't think Titanfall going to be as big as some others do and it being on 360 and PC hurts being a exclusive some what .
Owning the IP means at the end of the day if you want to play that game \ sequels you have to buy the system and third party exclusives don't insure that .

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I was told to come expecting to be impressed. So, if they're doing more of the same, I question how they intend to impress me.

tumblr_lot51pZtoX1qbvaudo1_500.gif

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I was told to come expecting to be impressed. So, if they're doing more of the same, I question how they intend to impress me.

Thank you! This is what I was thinking. I expect a lot of the same with some real shockers thrown in.

They have five notable ones. But I think the question you're asking is, 'Does Sony have any notable Western exclusive?' The answer is they have one which is going to be considered pretty goddamn huge when it's unveiled.

You'll know this year potentially. If not, then expect them at Sony E3 2014.

You were talking about Persona 5 not too long ago, what platform was it on PS3, VITA or PS4? You also said something happened to it, what was that about?

Samyy

No guys don't start getting hyped, it always leads to sadness :(

I don't think they matter as much as some people do , Sony should be looking to make the next UC , GOW , GT , TLOU where they own the IP.
Then again i don't think Titanfall going to be as big as some others do and it being on 360 and PC hurts being a exclusive some what .

I suppose we can agree to disagree :/ marketed right Titanfall has the potential to be big imo.

Im going to be honest, Sony doesnt have to show as much games as microsoft, but they should have a teaser reel at least and a affirmation that X amount of titles are in development by first and third parties to be released in its first year.

LastNac

They have five notable ones. But I think the question you're asking is, 'Does Sony have any notable Western exclusive?' The answer is they have one which is going to be considered pretty goddamn huge when it's unveiled.

You'll know this year potentially. If not, then expect them at Sony E3 2014.

Ok so wait.
1. Deep Down
2. Persona 5
3. Sega
4. Sega

What am I missing?

Also, you are such a tease and I love you for it. ;)

I was under that impression also... until today.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, even if it discredits me here. I want gamescom to blow my socks out my ass.

Samyy

I was under that impression also... until today.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, even if it discredits me here. I want gamescom to blow my socks out my ass.

I think you've been open enough to where its not that big a deal, it'll hardly discredit you. Everyone would be too happy and hyped to care anyway :p

Personally, I just don't believe Sony is going to be holding back at Gamescom. I never expected them to start teasing Uncharted or God of War sequels, but there's no reason not to start filling in the first year picture. Maybe they've just been holding their cards really close making it difficult for insiders to get any details or hints, but Sony is smart enough to recognize the number of announced exclusives is really the only perceived weakness out there. We know they have enough bullets left in the magazine to fire a burst at every big show between Gamescom and E3 next year.

And for TGS they definitely have to get some Japanese titles announced, though I expect that show to be more regionally focused in terms of what is unveiled.

N.Domixis

Banned
Can someone explain to me why exclusive third parties are so important? Why does Sony need them when they have their own studios? A game created by a third party does not make it better than a first party, for all we know Titan Fall and Sunset Overdrive could turn out bad.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ok Kagari, do you forsee a potential Eastern Renaissance this Gen?

It'd be nice. Japan certainly has an easier tool set to deal with this time around... the fear now of course is that SE, Capcom and Konami have all fallen into mismanaged messes over the past few years. Let's hope the smaller Japanese devs can pick up the slack.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I have no socks in my ass, but Demons Souls 2 at TGS.

Believe.

I feel TGS is the real wildcard here. Sony is confirmed for the opening keynote, but I'm also wondering if Kawano will host their usual press conference as well this year.

regarding Sega, I see no reason for Sony to pursue Yakuza exclusive for PS4, it didn't sell in the west, won't sell on Xbox1 in Japan, and WiiU is probably underpowered to run it.

it's PS4 exclusive by default.

whatever those 2 exclusive is, it must have some sort of international appeal for Sony to get interested to moneyhat. or it's a genre that Sony want for diversity.

could be Virtua Fighter to fill their fighter lineup to go against Killer Instinct, and the other one is new IP imo.

LastNac

It'd be nice. Japan certainly has an easier tool set to deal with this time around... the fear now of course is that SE, Capcom and Konami have all fallen into mismanaged messes over the past few years. Let's hope the smaller Japanese devs can pick up the slack.

Does that mean we should perhaps turn to Atlus with our higher hopes?

Top Bottom