• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

It might be decent against enemies who aren't weak to it. Might be the best build when there are two archdemons and one of them weak to poison.

I'm concerned that a build specific to a certain element would be limited in its usefulness, especially compared to blood. I don't know how effective element is against monsters not specifically weak to that element.

As for blood builds, I found two builds that are almost identical except one of them uses the Drubbing Sigil III (already have it) and one uses Avalon Seal V instead. Drubbing Sigil III gives Force Surge +40%, while Avalon Seal V gives Attack Amp +40%. According to the post I found, both are equally good for Sanguine Demonshot, but what about the Chthonian Claws? Those are fire rather than neutral. Does Force Surge still apply to the non-elemental portion of the claws, or are they not affected by Force Surge at all? Will Attack Amp affect their attack power in whole or just the non-elemental part again?

Shengar

I'm concerned that a build specific to a certain element would be limited in its usefulness, especially compared to blood. I don't know how effective element is against monsters not specifically weak to that element.

As for blood builds, I found two builds that are almost identical except one of them uses the Drubbing Sigil III (already have it) and one uses Avalon Seal V instead. Drubbing Sigil III gives Force Surge +40%, while Avalon Seal V gives Attack Amp +40%. According to the post I found, both are equally good for Sanguine Demonshot, but what about the Chthonian Claws? Those are fire rather than neutral. Does Force Surge still apply to the non-elemental portion of the claws, or are they not affected by Force Surge at all? Will Attack Amp affect their attack power in whole or just the non-elemental part again?
It effect on a whole, or otherwise Force Surge sigil will be kinda overpowered for the Grimm. I think for elemental weapons all damages are attributed from the element.
Is Tyrant's Tentacle (from the Hydra) worth upgrading?

If you think it suits your playstyle, then go ahead. Some archdemon offering are situational, others are completely useless, while there are the ones who just straight up OP.

Anywa, does anyone know how to get Behemoth LE+++?

Started playing again after a long pause and still having a blast.
Don't want to make a Thread, but do we know if Soul Sacrifice 2 is cancelled or moved to PS4? I hope they continue the series.

Shengar

Started playing again after a long pause and still having a blast.
Don't want to make a Thread, but do we know if Soul Sacrifice 2 is cancelled or moved to PS4? I hope they continue the series.

Since it's very unlikely, I'm very much content with what we have now in SSD.
Maybe they make something after Japan Studio done with Gravity Rush 2. Maybe.

SarusGray

Bought this game and never got around to playing it and wow this game is incredibly amazing. I'm sad I wasn't around when the online was booming but boy I hope there will be a Soul Sacrifice 2. Soul Sacrifice Delta wasn't really an expansion per say but actually like Soul Sacrifice 1.7. I feel that the way they advertised it might have hurt sales.. (or barely advertised for that matter.)

Bought this game and never got around to playing it and wow this game is incredibly amazing. I'm sad I wasn't around when the online was booming but boy I hope there will be a Soul Sacrifice 2. Soul Sacrifice Delta wasn't really an expansion per say but actually like Soul Sacrifice 1.7. I feel that the way they advertised it might have hurt sales.. (or barely advertised for that matter.)

I'm glad you finally got around to playing it. One of my favorite games on the Vita. The story is amazing and the characters are so interesting.

SarusGray

I'm glad you finally got around to playing it. One of my favorite games on the Vita. The story is amazing and the characters are so interesting.

It's one of my favorite vita games now. I really hope they continue series, whether its on PS4 or Vita. I love the lore of this game.

Celtic

Neo Member
I'm late to the party as well. All of the systems are so damn deep, and I love the theme of "mage gaining power through conflict". So much fun.

down 2 orth

I'm late to the party as well. All of the systems are so damn deep, and I love the theme of "mage gaining power through conflict". So much fun.

Better late than never. I finished the game last month myself, but it was all good since SS isn't really much of an online game, and therefore online population shouldn't matter too much.

SarusGray

Better late than never. I finished the game last month myself, but it was all good since SS isn't really much of an online game, and therefore online population shouldn't matter too much.

Online pop isn't too populated but I've been able to game with people whenever I go on. I must be lucky lol

deim0s

So I picked up a physical copy of this game on my PSTV (switching accounts is a annoying!)

So... I'm at the point that I unlocked the Merchant (did some debt pacts with him and his sister) and have three points to continue... Avalon (seems I'm done? His goes to Ch 4?), Sanctuarium (which I am currently) and Grim (did one quest with the Red hood).

You select factions based on which area you're on?
When do i boost offerings or fuse?

Any other tips?

EDIT: While I'm here... what the hell would i do with the LE's and what are those rumours that can be traded/bought?

cj_iwakura

I saw someone online(many someones actually) using a deadly lion summon that just tears bosses apart. Any idea how it's gotten? Still grinding up for the new boss fight...

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Sorry to bump this up, but I have a question. Is the multiplayer of this game a separate list of missions like in Monster Hunter or the campaign can also be enjoyed in two and four players? Thanks

cj_iwakura

Sorry to bump this up, but I have a question. Is the multiplayer of this game a separate list of missions like in Monster Hunter or the campaign can also be enjoyed in two and four players? Thanks

The campaign is only offline. Multiplayer is just for the pacts, up to four players.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The campaign is only offline. Multiplayer is just for the pacts, up to four players.

There are plenty of pacts to keep players busy for long like in MH or the single player campaign is the core focus of this game? Like in the other topic I'm looking for a coop mh like game on vita and can't decide between this and toukiden yet. Lengthy and satisfying coop mode is mandatory.

cj_iwakura

There are plenty of pacts to keep players busy for long like in MH or the single player campaign is the core focus of this game? Like in the other topic I'm looking for a coop mh like game on vita and can't decide between this and toukiden yet. Lengthy and satisfying coop mode is mandatory.

Tons and tons of pacts, but you really, REALLY should play the single player. The story is fantastic, can't be stressed enough.

The main story is awesome but it's like 20% of the content of the game or less. Meaning you can multiplayer 80% of the whole game. That said, I soloed the entire thing, as I play my Vita during commutes, and the AI controlled characters make the game too easy; it's nearly impossible to die.

After getting stuck and dropping the original, I just got around to Delta and so far it is Top 5 tier. Love it in every way.

Has anyone encountered a bug where the game gives you the Nearly Unscathed reward even if you take much more damage than 50% of your HP? Happens to me so often, I don't like that :(

After getting stuck and dropping the original, I just got around to Delta and so far it is Top 5 tier. Love it in every way.

Has anyone encountered a bug where the game gives you the Nearly Unscathed reward even if you take much more damage than 50% of your HP? Happens to me so often, I don't like that :(

It's not a bug. It doesn't count how much HP you have left at the end, but how much you lost during the fight. If you never healed, that means you lost less than a full lifebar, which for some bosses qualifies as "not losing a lot of HP" (especially if your HP is low to begin with). For these bosses, it doesn't count as having taken a beating unless you lost more HP, probably well over a lifebar (obviously healing in between).

In other words, you're playing better than you give yourself credit for. :)

It's not a bug. It doesn't count how much HP you have left at the end, but how much you lost during the fight. If you never healed, that means you lost less than a full lifebar, which for some bosses qualifies as "not losing a lot of HP" (especially if your HP is low to begin with). For these bosses, it doesn't count as having taken a beating unless you lost more HP, probably well over a lifebar (obviously healing in between).

In other words, you're playing better than you give yourself credit for. :)

Thanks so much!

Sorry for double post. How does Fate's XP distribution work? Does it favor Life if Magic is higher level, or is that completely probabilistic?

Thought about playing this game after not having played it in a while. Considering switching to something other than my divine blood build to mix things up, but last time I tried that I spent many hours grinding for several fully upgraded heartsigils only to discover that none of the builds I tried could match the efficiency and damage output of my blood build.

Are there any builds that can match the DPS of Divine Blood with Chthonian Claws and Sanguine Demonshot? I haven't tried Grim Weapon yet, BTW.

pixxxelz

Thought about playing this game after not having played it in a while. Considering switching to something other than my divine blood build to mix things up, but last time I tried that I spent many hours grinding for several fully upgraded heartsigils only to discover that none of the builds I tried could match the efficiency and damage output of my blood build.

Are there any builds that can match the DPS of Divine Blood with Chthonian Claws and Sanguine Demonshot? I haven't tried Grim Weapon yet, BTW.
Fell God or Just God Lightwing+ with a dark(?) arm were stronger iirc, I haven't played this game in a while though so I don't know if they got nerfed.

Fell God or Just God Lightwing+ with a dark(?) arm were stronger iirc, I haven't played this game in a while though so I don't know if they got nerfed.
I think I already tried that. I was wondering if Grim Weapon could potentially have equal DPS. I also read something about a mine build somewhere killing level 15 archfiends in under 5 minutes like my blood build.

pixxxelz

I think I already tried that. I was wondering if Grim Weapon could potentially have equal DPS. I also read something about a mine build somewhere killing level 15 archfiends in under 5 minutes like my blood build.

Ah gotcha, I had to check my game because I couldn't remember the name of the spells or sigils &#128517; but here goes, I think your best choices for a neutral build is either Lass' Fleshfeather with firespith sigils, (special magic amp) Princess Devotion with gleaming sigils, (weapon magic amp) this is actually what I used for my grim build, (princess devotion + cottonmaid's wings + starveling fruit <3) both of those can be as good as a divine blood build imo.

And I'm assuming the mine build you're talking about is the Virgin's Bindings with castaway sigils (mine magic amp) I never really made a build for them myself but I used them a lot in my other builds and they do a lot of damage even without the castaway sigils.

Ah gotcha, I had to check my game because I couldn't remember the name of the spells or sigils &#128517; but here goes, I think your best choices for a neutral build is either Lass' Fleshfeather with firespith sigils, (special magic amp) Princess Devotion with gleaming sigils, (weapon magic amp) this is actually what I used for my grim build, (princess devotion + cottonmaid's wings + starveling fruit <3) both of those can be as good as a divine blood build imo.

And I'm assuming the mine build you're talking about is the Virgin's Bindings with castaway sigils (mine magic amp) I never really made a build for them myself but I used them a lot in my other builds and they do a lot of damage even without the castaway sigils.
Do you know which of the two neutral builds has the higher overall DPS? I'm guessing the weapon build requires less repleneshing of ammo.

Sorry to bump, but I finally got back to completing the story and there's something I gotta ask.

End game spoilers!

So I just got to the Save/Sacrifice Librom choice. I know I have to sacrifice Librom to move the plot forward, but will that make me unable to complete pacts I haven't completed so far, or can I come back later to finish off a few side stories and such?

edit: NVM, found it. Hype!

Anyone still playing this? I played the original Soul Sacrifice to death a few years ago but I never got Delta. I don't know how fun the game will be to play solo now since online is probably dead and if I recall correctly its really hard to fight bosses solo. God, this game needs a sequel.

Anyone still playing this? I played the original Soul Sacrifice to death a few years ago but I never got Delta. I don't know how fun the game will be to play solo now since online is probably dead and if I recall correctly its really hard to fight bosses solo. God, this game needs a sequel.

I played through this entire game solo. Did all of the story battles and about 65% of the bonus missions alone and had fun throughout. I did dabble a little online and it is very cool but I still think Delta is very fun as a solo arm wizard person. As for difficulty, I never found the game overwhelming tough to make progress. As I mentioned their were a good few extra side missions I never got into and I believe that they get rough. Although I didn't reach maximum possible strength with my character so perhaps you can push through them. And even if you don't I think their is an ocean of cool content that is balanced for single player before you have to start digging into the more hardcore side missions.

cj_iwakura

I did the entire story offline as well. I only used online help for the optional fights.

Same. I play during commutes, so I don't have Internet connection anyway. Played the entire game solo and enjoyed the hell out of it. It's also so much better and richer than vanilla, it's not even funny.

I played through this entire game solo. Did all of the story battles and about 65% of the bonus missions alone and had fun throughout. I did dabble a little online and it is very cool but I still think Delta is very fun as a solo arm wizard person. As for difficulty, I never found the game overwhelming tough to make progress. As I mentioned their were a good few extra side missions I never got into and I believe that they get rough. Although I didn't reach maximum possible strength with my character so perhaps you can push through them. And even if you don't I think their is an ocean of cool content that is balanced for single player before you have to start digging into the more hardcore side missions.

Yeah even in Vanilla there was sooooo much content to do that I wasn't able to finish it it all.

Finishing the story solo wasn't an issue at all, but I do recall getting to a point in the optional stuff that playing with other people was literally the only way to finish quests because of multiple absurdly tough bosses.

Top Bottom