• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Really finding it hard to find games which are for low levels, i normally just make a room and do a few missions, someone joins then leaves without even saying hello
im 16/16

Kinda annoying as these lv3-6 stages take forever by myself and getting boring, 15-20mins hitting a boss

I soloed the entire game (currently on my fifth-sixth trek to level 100, with all black rites). Taking so long to kill a boss is not normal, though. Consider doing some high-level non-boss pacts to get better offerings.

I soloed the entire game (currently on my fifth-sixth trek to level 100, with all black rites). Taking so long to kill a boss is not normal, though. Consider doing some high-level non-boss pacts to get better offerings.

Thanks im really getting the hang of it now using this: http://imgur.com/a/HtjMt
Did the first 3 of the unicorn helm+ (difficulty 10) and now im 25/25

edit: Beat the Gigas final pact 12/14 only took 40mins lol http://i.imgur.com/i5c6YvJ.jpg

baekshi

Banned
BwrGc1GCQAEAGx9.png

XI Pacts + New local rumor of breaking parts faster

baekshi

Banned
decided I'll play some SSD
anyone got some guide on how to import my SS save
like what should I prepare/look into/etc?

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126018773&postcount=1245

To import save file , as long as you have the original game on card - load up SSD and do new game. It will ask to import.

In two weeks we will see its last DLC
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/18/soul-sacrifice-delta-wield-the-power-of-the-gods-eaters/

Last soulsac conference to deliver dlc:
https://twitter.com/SoulSacrificePR/status/512631298326683649

Maybe a new games announcement?

also fanart for dlc
Bx0Mh4mCAAAYfMo.jpg:large

baekshi

Banned
thanks <3

btw, is there a post that details what happens when you import
like only XX of your offerings are brought over
no magic levels are brought over
etc etc
It should be in op but cant check right now. Although you will be start from where you left off the story if you did, get 10x each offering, up 10 essences each, rumors to level , your collected raiments including white/black/gold ones.

Shizuka

To Geoffrey Chaucer’s quote “All good things must come to an end,” Thornton Wilder added “[…] but all bad things can continue forever.” The Eternal Recursion could have been the inspiration for these words of wisdom. I also believe they are a fitting conclusion to the last blog post update for Soul Sacrifice Delta, for the dreaded time for long goodbyes has finally come, my fellow sorcerers. The very last Additional Pacts (number XII for those of you who keep count) will be released in 2 weeks and will conclude the series of updates.

blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/18/soul-sacrifice-delta-wield-the-power-of-the-gods-eaters/

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So what do I do with those "white" pacts that are just a white fog and scrambled letters?
I've been checking them now and then but I'm still clueless about them and the internet doesn't seem to have an answer.

baekshi

Banned
So what do I do with those "white" pacts that are just a white fog and scrambled letters?
I've been checking them now and then but I'm still clueless about them and the internet doesn't seem to have an answer.

Are these 'white' pact located in story? if so, revise memory here:

BoAS7nVIYAEoXPI.jpg:large

Instead of talking to book, crawl to this log.

If that's not it, have you fought
magusar

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Are these 'white' pact located in story? if so, revise memory here:

BoAS7nVIYAEoXPI.jpg:large

Instead of talking to book, crawl to this log.

If that's not it, have you fought
magusar
No, I have only seen them in Sorcerous Deeds -> Pacts. There's one per Age.
And no, I haven't defeated Magusar yet and I can't see that log thing, maybe that's why.

baekshi

Banned
No, I have only seen them in Sorcerous Deeds -> Pacts. There's one per Age.
And no, I haven't defeated Magusar yet and I can't see that log thing, maybe that's why.

In that case, you need to progress story.

I don't clearly remember but
If you're able to play these white pacts, then you need play to the collect (blue colored) souls to reveal the pact (press dpad down in to see the souls for collecting)

Novocaine

Please someone tell me there is a better way to get Witch LE+++ than chain running Labyrinth Treasure Hunt.

I've totally discharged my battery 3 times running this dumb collection quest and I don't have a single one yet.

baekshi

Banned
Please someone tell me there is a better way to get Witch LE+++ than chain running Labyrinth Treasure Hunt.

I've totally discharged my battery 3 times running this dumb collection quest and I don't have a single one yet.
You know it just doesn't have to Labyrinth Treasure Hunt mission and can be any 11+ pacts with shards?

The only other way is to have your neutral armed allies die ( they have to be S rank also for +++). Maybe you could increase chance with an rumor too.

Novocaine

You know it just doesn't have to Labyrinth Treasure Hunt mission and can be any 11+ pacts with shards?

The only other way is to have your neutral armed allies die ( they have to be S rank also for +++). Maybe you could increase chance with an rumor too.

I have S ranked Terrwyn and Similia and neither of them have dropped them as of yet.

Yeah I know it can be any pact but that one seems to be the quickest and 5/5 of the shards are always LE.

Anyway, I don't mind farming for stuff but this really sucks :/

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So there's no way to play the asian version online on my euro account due to online pass right? I wanted that physical release.
That would be correct.
I can't believe Sony is STILL doing online passes when pretty much everyone else stopped.

baekshi

Banned
So there's no way to play the asian version online on my euro account due to online pass right? I wanted that physical release.

That would be correct.
I can't believe Sony is STILL doing online passes when pretty much everyone else stopped.

Actually not true - the asian copy is actually european copy from what I heard but you can't redeem the online pass that comes with the copy. What you can do is buy both version, one to get online pass (european psn - you dont have to download) and other to buy physical.

The online pass will work.

For us american, there is no way but I'll be trying to get hands on the Asian copy soon.

Actually not true - the asian copy is actually european copy from what I heard but you can't redeem the online pass that comes with the copy. What you can do is buy both version, one to get online pass (european psn - you dont have to download) and other to buy physical.

The online pass will work.

For us american, there is no way but I'll be trying to get hands on the Asian copy soon.

Can anyone confirm this?? Also will my online pass from the original SS work with Delta?

baekshi

Banned
Can anyone confirm this?? Also will my online pass from the original SS work with Delta?

No, your online pass from original game will not work. You have to buy Delta twice (one from European store to gain online pass) and physical.

You can also import your save file data from original SS european copy to any version of Delta.

Malyse

Hello!

I've made a new community to talk about Monster Hunter/PSO styled games like Soul Sacrifice located here, and I would love it if y'all popped in.

I'll have to upgrade to Delta soonish.

OmegaZero

So I finally picked this up and imported my save, and have a question for people who've reached endgame:

Are the various "Magic Level" roles still the same?

99 Life - Tanking and Healing
99 Magic - DPS
50/50 - Stunning bosses/jack of all trades.

Is that still the case? And do people going the Neutral Route get their own transformations now?

baekshi

Banned
So I finally picked this up and imported my save, and have a question for people who've reached endgame:

Are the various "Magic Level" roles still the same?

99 Life - Tanking and Healing
99 Magic - DPS
50/50 - Stunning bosses/jack of all trades.

Is that still the case? And do people going the Neutral Route get their own transformations now?

It's a bit different, besides the leveling first -

You're able to pick a faction this time and you'll get rewards based on the faction you pick.
Spears etc. reward drop if you pick Sanctuary . Weapon, etc. rewards drop if you pick Grim. Arm, etc. rewards drop if you pick Avalon...

As for the sigil that boost power of each magic depends on which faction (many are grey also), like for example:
If you go with Grim, the sigil of Weapon magic will significantly boost power.

Now for leveling.. it's about the same - high defense with life , high attack with magic, 50/50 is high health (after sigil) / balance life/magic.

edit:
One thing I wanted to note is that... whichever you go with this time, you're able renew offerings, boost power, and restore health.

There's no "transformation" at end, the change happens because you sacrificed/saved too much so whole body changed... not just the right arm which you freely able to change now. unlockable Right Arms consists from your allies to archfiend (need SE+++/LE+++ for each).

OmegaZero

It's a bit different, besides the leveling first -

You're able to pick a faction this time and you'll get rewards based on the faction you pick.
Spears etc. reward drop if you pick Sanctuary . Weapon, etc. rewards drop if you pick Grim. Arm, etc. rewards drop if you pick Avalon...

As for the sigil that boost power of each magic depends on which faction (many are grey also), like for example:
If you go with Grim, the sigil of Weapon magic will significantly boost power.

Now for leveling.. it's about the same - high defense with life , high attack with magic, 50/50 is high health (after sigil) / balance life/magic.

edit:
One thing I wanted to note is that... whichever you go with this time, you're able renew offerings, boost power, and restore health.

There's no "transformation" at end, the change happens because you sacrificed/saved too much so whole body changed... not just the right arm which you freely able to change now. unlockable Right Arms consists from your allies to archfiend (need SE+++/LE+++ for each).

Sweet, thanks for the info. Looks like factions are more important than I assumed.
Also, the bolded sounds amazing.
Did the new combo system allow for more diverse builds endgame? Most people I played with on the later pacts were mainly using either throwing offerings or blood builds.

EDIT: Wow, they've improved the visuals a bit. I can see what the floor textures are supposed to be!

baekshi

Banned
Sweet, thanks for the info. Looks like factions are more important than I assumed.
Also, the bolded sounds amazing.
Did the new combo system allow for more diverse builds endgame? Most people I played with on the later pacts were mainly using either throwing offerings or blood builds.

EDIT: Wow, they've improved the visuals a bit. I can see what the floor textures are supposed to be!

Yes, once you get to level 100 - you'll be able to do 'rite of transmutation which reset the level but it will give you an XXL experience rumor and you'll be able to pick an magic heart sigil like Weapon, Spear etc. which boosts over 100% and makes thing quite a lot easier.

if you imported your save file, you'll should get plenty of s/m rumors to get your through the first level 100 then afterwards its pretty easy with XXL rumor equipped.

they balanced out the offerings with the patches and they're plenty of builds useful now so you'll see people using many other variety of magics.

oh and
the throws are nerfed but if you get throw's heart sigil to 10, they'll be useful.

OmegaZero

Thanks again for all of the info. They definitely changed some things around for sure!
Getting used to the new method of fusing offerings since now I can't combine three stars to make a new level.

I finished the main Delta storyline (both endings) and IMO it feels a bit weaker and more rushed than the original. At least it seems to be setting up a potential sequel
where we can wield god-like abilities against agents of the Creator
if I'm interpreting things right.

Is there any reason to break the cursed parts on
both final dragons
?

baekshi

Banned
Thanks again for all of the info. They definitely changed some things around for sure!
Getting used to the new method of fusing offerings since now I can't combine three stars to make a new level.

I finished the main Delta storyline (both endings) and IMO it feels a bit weaker and more rushed than the original. At least it seems to be setting up a potential sequel
where we can wield god-like abilities against agents of the Creator
if I'm interpreting things right.

Is there any reason to break the cursed parts on
both final dragons
?

No need to break the parts on the
final dragons
, the game gives more of the hints in the lore for something greater than the story itself. Though, no sequel is planned.

The last message given was this here... in japanese only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVBayOawI-4

OmegaZero

Thanks again for the info.
Shame they don't drop special offerings. :/

I'm amassed a nice collection of Black Offerings and am now in the process of grinding for Rite of Transmutation Sigils. Are there any recommended grinding spots?
I've read a few methods that involve taking advantage of infinite enemy spawns in certain pacts but those don't seem to work anymore.

baekshi

Banned
Thanks again for the info.
Shame they don't drop special offerings. :/

I'm amassed a nice collection of Black Offerings and am now in the process of grinding for Rite of Transmutation Sigils. Are there any recommended grinding spots?
I've read a few methods that involve taking advantage of infinite enemy spawns in certain pacts but those don't seem to work anymore.

The infinite enemy spawn still works and had never been patched. I can't remember the exact pact where this was though! It should be one of those in 11-13 difficulty.

Another method is to use Alice Maze and should be pretty easy to do 6-12 floors. Most definitely have to equip XXL rumors though, preferably of 2.

baekshi

Banned
Okay I found it. It's Difficulty 12, "The Ironclad Prayer". The fairies spawn infinitely, you can either keep killing them before you activate the archfiend or or along beating down Iron Virgin. Keep in mind though if you defeat Iron Virgin, fairies will stop spawning.

Top Bottom