• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

OK, that Kat raiment is sweet.
At first sight I thougth "So Odin is a third Centaur/Unicorn clone?" but upon closer inspection it appears his horse is a "normal" one and he's simply riding it. That's an entirely new model, right? SS games are truly the games that keep on giving. :)

baekshi

Banned
OK, that Kat raiment is sweet.
At first sight I thougth "So Odin is a third Centaur/Unicorn clone?" but upon closer inspection it appears his horse is a "normal" one and he's simply riding it. That's an entirely new model, right? SS games are truly the games that keep on giving. :)

It looks like entirely a new model. I don't think they have made more 2 clones so safe to bet it will play differently. He has a spear also so I'm looking forward to that also!

It looks like entirely a new model. I don't think they have made more 2 clones so safe to bet it will play differently. He has a spear also so I'm looking forward to that also!

OK, so we have Odin, Bahamut, Leviathan, Phoenix, Cat Sith, Unicorn, Siren, Minotaur and Cerberus. Shiva and Ifrit to come next? :)

baekshi

Banned
The patch is out.
BuZuy56IcAAx0Mx.jpg

Dsyndrome

Other small bug fixes... I haven't really seen any bugs.. Still look forward to the new stuff, I'm happier with SS developers than almost all others (equal to CD Projekt Red). Wish SCEA didn't fucking suck in everything with it, though.

baekshi

Banned
Other small bug fixes... I haven't really seen any bugs.. Still look forward to the new stuff, I'm happier with SS developers than almost all others (equal to CD Projekt Red). Wish SCEA didn't fucking suck in everything with it, though.

After downloading the patch, don't forget to click on the "Download" option to get the Avalon raiment 'Easterner" also.

Redhood

The odin doesn't have a lore in the book and we can't sacrifice/save him.... it is also the 10th pact (like the Gods in vanilla original - this probably also means last monster dlc).

No Lore. Oh ok! Well they did say SS2 is 2015 game. TGS reveal? Well a bit sad they are done with DLC and cool updates. Well atleast we wont be getting no more reskins just to pimp up the numbers.

Can anyone translate what do they say about odin in japanese in the reveal trailer?

Redhood

I am sure we will see some more dlc pacts, maybe New archfiends too.

There is an entry of Additional pacts XIV in my journal. All are high level archfiends already in the game. Don't know how it appeared. Is it visible in yours too? . And as odin is in pact X there will be atleast 3 more.

Ohnonono

So when I played the first game I did the opening quests with the chick and then I think (could be wrong) that you went right into another set of quests. In this version I seem to be able to chose between the 3 factions? How does the order you do them effect your character? Does it lock out the other quests if you chose one? Also can anyone explain the game play benefit to the Grim faction? Is it basically just a middle ground with no true benefit?

baekshi

Banned
Saw the trailer. What am I missing that nods towards SS2?

Also SS2 was announced onstage along with SSD by Keiji Inafune at TGS last year.

No the game wasn't announced at TGS, just mistranslation SSD is like the second game (1.7). We only know Odin as the 1st persapius, they didn't include the lore of his archfiend.

Why would Odin be the last DLC archfiend? Vanilla got no less than 12 DLC archfiends, right? How many have we got in Delta so far, four?
Alice (in Japanese update)
Succubus (Japanese update)
Gigas
Bahamut
Odin
(Abyssal Fiend)

I am sure we will see some more dlc pacts, maybe New archfiends too.

There is an entry of Additional pacts XIV in my journal. All are high level archfiends already in the game. Don't know how it appeared. Is it visible in yours too? . And as odin is in pact X there will be atleast 3 more.
While there could be more additional pacts, doesn't necessarily mean they will be new archfiend like most of the dlc pact but I guess not out of question....

XIV pact is the demo pact (at least in japan) , where demo owners could play these with someone who owns game.

So when I played the first game I did the opening quests with the chick and then I think (could be wrong) that you went right into another set of quests. In this version I seem to be able to chose between the 3 factions? How does the order you do them effect your character? Does it lock out the other quests if you chose one? Also can anyone explain the game play benefit to the Grim faction? Is it basically just a middle ground with no true benefit?
14673973217_e8706ffbfe_z.jpg
14673825350_50fa469e98_z.jpg

14673880059_8cdd1e150f_z.jpg

I think starting the game out as grim is the best to go and later you can pick with other fractions. Grim is balance fraction, if you leave to fate and gives experience on both sides. Though you'll want to pick the fraction based on what kind of magic you'll want as main since those sigils in right arm will significantly boosts magic. So for the Grim it will stuff like Weapon, Special Magic, Bomb etc. or Sanctuarium with spear, blood etc. If you will Grim, you'll want to keep level on both sides same or for sanctuarium more saving.

fractions will not lock you out of quests, any magic, sigils and you can always switch.

Ohnonono

No the game wasn't announced at TGS, just mistranslation SSD is like the second game (1.7). We only know Odin as the 1st persapius, they didn't include the lore of his archfiend.

Alice (in Japanese update)
Succubus (Japanese update)
Gigas
Bahamut
Odin
(Abyssal Fiend)

While there could be more additional pacts, doesn't necessarily mean they will be new archfiend like most of the dlc pact but I guess not out of question....

XIV pact is the demo pact (at least in japan) , where demo owners could play these with someone who owns game.

14673973217_e8706ffbfe_z.jpg
14673825350_50fa469e98_z.jpg

14673880059_8cdd1e150f_z.jpg

I think starting the game out as grim is the best to go and later you can pick with other fractions. Grim is balance fraction, if you leave to fate and gives experience on both sides. Though you'll want to pick the fraction based on what kind of magic you'll want as main since those sigils in right arm will significantly boosts magic. So for the Grim it will stuff like Weapon, Special Magic, Bomb etc. or Sanctuarium with spear, blood etc. If you will Grim, you'll want to keep level on both sides same or for sanctuarium more saving.

fractions will not lock you out of quests, any magic, sigils and you can always switch.

Thank you :D

ZeroAKA

If Soul Sacrifice 2 happens, it better still be on Vita and not (just) PS4. I prefer playing these hunting action games on portables.

baekshi

Banned
Okay dudes, I just bought this on Vita. Planning to play entirely solo. What do I need to know? Any DLC worth getting?

All the DLC is free, most updated through patches and download page on startup aside from Memory Clod -which you wont probably need (it opens up few more slot in blank page).

18-Volt

I bought this too. Now, how do I do the save transfer? Do I need to have both of the games on the memory card?

Also I need some friends to do some online, people that can get me some easy exp.

I bought this too. Now, how do I do the save transfer? Do I need to have both of the games on the memory card?

Also I need some friends to do some online, people that can get me some easy exp.

Yeah you need both games, since the save data is connected to the game. And I'm up for some coop, my psn is my name.

baekshi

Banned
I need another member to join us.

What are you trying to achieve by going to floor 15?

Mushrooms renew each floor by the number of players in game.

(1 player - 1 renew)
(4 players - 4 renew)

edit:

Instead of saving you each time, I'm sacrificing Fluffy Andy everytime it falls.

cyborg009

Banned
What are you trying to achieve by going to floor 15?

Mushrooms renew each floor by the number of players in game.

(1 player - 1 renew)
(4 players - 4 renew)

edit:

Instead of saving you each time, I'm sacrificing Fluffy Andy everytime it falls.

I need the slayer points and the costumes. And I'm going to snitch to Flandy.

baekshi

Banned
I need the slayer points and the costumes. And I'm going to snitch to Flandy.
By going to 15 floors isn't going to get you any raiment/accessory I think. SP aren't going skyrocket also. Divide the total score by 10 is how much you'll get or think 10 points per SP.

Did Flandy actually buy this?

I wish but too bad he's missing it out. Instead cyborg plays it in the name of him so it's best if he's always sacrificed, from now on.

baekshi

Banned
I know a lot people ask for recommendation for better equipments, how to get into this world for better experience... and there's no good guide, just information scattered around and a japanese wiki. So I want to make it easier for new people to get into game, all in one post - sort of guide and helpful tips.

14963790142_4f93a24540_b.jpg

Story:
For new players, you’ll work through first part of story until you can’t progress anymore, then you move onto doing one each faction story (Avalon - Caranatuax, Sanct - Sympatha, Grim - Red Hood) to progress.

tips for Solo Players that just want to complete story:

- Talk to Vidiara, get rumors. Level up fast. Raise your AI to S ranks, they will pretty much never die. Be Grim/ Sanctuarium .​

For people that import, do one each story (Avalon - Caranatuax, Sanct - Sympatha, Grim - Red Hood) to progress.
You’ll unlock pretty all the lore through the story. To get lore for the characters in the Bazaar, complete the Debt Pacts otherwise there’s no reason to do this.

For offering to grind for and aim, personally breakdown to a set of one kind of offering to lead instead of multiple different ones.
Of course, add in yours to mix and match!

Personal magic offerings Recommendations for each faction:

For new players, I did say go with this kind of Grim build and start from there

Weapon Build:
Princess Devotion+ (Minotaur drop, destroy all parts)
Assassin's Wing+ (Wyvern drop)
Tyrant Bindings+ (Dullahan drop)
(Starveling's Fruit) (Behemoth drop)
(Heal Magic)
(Another Weapon)​

Special Magic Amp:
Slime Fleshlump+ ( for best use, hug the archfiend and spam)
Slime Fleshlump+
+1 Sigil offering for third: Slime Fleshlump+
(Tutor's Hat+)​

Mine Magic
Virgin's Binding ( for best use, hug the archfiend and spam) (Iron Virgin drop)
Virgin's Binding
+1 Sigil offering for third: Virgin's Binding​

Etc.

Grim is also the best fraction for supportive build magic likes Statis, Irregular and Binding. One might say that’d be Sanctuarium but I say its this one because with some sigils you can raise health high and get balance in ATK/DEF also.

Sanctuarium:

Blood Build:

Chthonian Claws+ , black offering (Get from Chthonian, located in Otherworld Pacts)
Regenesis Seed+ , black offering
Tyrant Bindings+ , black offering (Get from Dullahan, pacts from 7-15)
For rest of 3, I suggest picking whatever you prefer and another heal magic will be a good idea also.

For spears, you'll want Bewitched's Spear from Red Riding Hood but it will take time to complete higher difficulty pacts later. Spear is great choice also if you're just looking to complete the story.

Blitz: (This build is great for breaking parts and when complete, it is amazing! )
Everyoung Hardwing+ , black offering (Get from Bahamut)
Everyoung Hardwing+
Rest is up to you.​

Avalon:
This faction is pretty much for those who are good at the game not dying.

Other magic:
Just/ Fell God Lightwing+ (drop from the gods, break all parts)
Just/ Fell God Lightwing+
(+1 Just/ Fell God Lightwing+)
(Founder Scrap+)
(Vinblossom Fruit+)
(Healing Fruit+)
(Primorial Bedrock+)
(Abyssal Bead+)​

Summon magic:
Abyssal Bead+
Abyssal Bead+
(+1 Abyssal Bead+/ Gobby Candle+)
....​

Arm magic:
Abyssal Arm+
Abyssal Bead+
Abyssal Arm+
...​

Sigils Setup Example[Blood Build]:
Upper Arm
- [Sanctuarium] Faction Seal (Get from logging registering SP up to level 5)
- (Either another Faction Seal or Elem attack weakness sigil)
Forearm
- your highest [Godblood] Magic Sigil (These go up Level 7,get from constantly using specific magic)
- another [Godblood] Magic Sigil
Palm
- For Sanc Rec:[Everlasting Sigil , Ascetic Sigil or Defense Sentinel] (your preference)
For Avalon: [ Slayer Sigil, Resolute Sigil]
For Grim: [Vigor Sigil, Demon Sigil (5), Unyielding Sigil(5)]
Hand
- your preference (I like +5% ATK in Blood)
Heart
- highest Magic Sigil [Godblood] *Stick with one all the way to 10th sigil*​

Good to know:
  • To get large testaments, do 11+ pacts though you'll only get faction specific testaments. You don't get any in Alice Maze. Small and Medium can be get from logging SP online each week, depending on rewards.
  • Breaking all parts of the archfiend will get you a the second offering drop. You can press D-pad down to activate Mind Eye's to locate breakable parts.
  • Get your palms checked in Baazar for lots of rumors (Talk to Vidiara).
  • Registering more SP means that when switching factions, it will cost you more lacrima tears. However you will get "Faction Seal" as you rank up SP, which is important as they will give significant resonance boost to your "Magic" Seal.
  • Never use magics that can knock others players down, you’re just asking for to be kicked. For Lightwing+, you set up bedrock and attack from top.
  • If you see Orc (Orichalchum), kill it - they give lots of experience.
  • Bahamut is a ‘party crasher’ that randomly appears. Rumors can increase chance.
  • You can test out offerings if you press select button.
  • To revise memories, [go to menu , press circle then] crawl the character away from the book to an wood log.
  • If the pacts are taking over 10 minutes, that just means you're underleveled, you need make a better build or go online. There'll be barely any need to grind if you're looking to complete story.

How to get LE+++/SE+++ Essences? Do 11+ levels. Equipping an +++ Rumor can increase chance.

What is this new Psychic Link? This is located in Blank Pages, top right side. You obtain limited time accessory for completing these 4 pacts.

What is Rite of Transmutation? Every time you hit level 100, you get to pick choice of Heart Sigil and get one XXL EXP Rumor.

What is a Blackrite?
You sacrifice one of your organs for a greater power!
Solo: Infernus, Excalibur
Multiplayer: Berserker

Alice Maze Tips:
- Mushrooms renew EVERY floor and the number of mushroom it grows each floor depends on how many player they are. If you're doing solo, you'll get one renew.

- Rabbit/ grunt that come along archfiend is used to either repair broken magic or black rite seal.
- The Revive has a random pattern every 3 floors or so (*/*/R) (R/*/*)(*/*/R)(*/R/*) - When sacrificed ally, the offerings will be renewed for everyone
- Preferably for long run use Weapon/Mine/ Blood/ Other Magic with trees set up.​

Leveling Up:
Sanct: 58/42 is the best one to stop at for.
Grim: 50/50
Avalon: 1/99 - If you go like 42/58, you'll still die couple of hits so the best thing to do is go all the way to end. Slap Resolute on it, and you're set.​

Combos from wiki~

Solo Spell Combo's
These combos can be used by a single sorcerer.

Arboreal + Arboreal
Fruits can be combined with themselves and others to give more powerful or different effects by using "Arboreal Fusion" near a tree with fruit on it; see Arboreal Combo for possible combinations.

Arboreal + Area Healing
Any tree missing fruit will restore back to full if hit with area or ranged healing.

Arboreal + Rising
Creating a pillar in the vicinity of any arboreal offering (not including any combo trees) will wrap it in roots, giving the pillar the fruit's effect while standing on it.

Armor + Blitz
Comboable Blitz of the same element as the currently active armor can be charged into a powerful attack, "Magic Wing". Consumes the armor in the process, so it's recommended to use at the 5th hit. Everyoung Hardwing (Bahamut) can combo with ANY armor, including Tyrant Bindings (Dullahan)

Armor + Roar
Roar of the same element as the currently active armor can be charged 3 stages instead of 2. Consumes the armor in the process.

Armor + Shield
A summoned shield the same element as the currently active armor will be much larger with a more powerful and larger "Epic Shockwave". Boss offerings will not combo.

Bomb + Mine
Bulbs will absorb mines of the same element, transforming them into mortar raining cannons. They no longer explode. Boss offerings will not combo.

Evasive (Dash) + Arm, Beast, Spear or Weapon
With a dash evasive offering active, using any of the melee attack offerings will allow the player to quickly summon them (summoning animation is skipped) and use a dashing attack.

Evasive (Ground) + Arm, Beast, Spear or Weapon
With a ground evasive offering active, using any of the melee attack offerings will allow the player to quickly summon them (summoning animation is skipped) and use an underground uppercut. Weapons, Fists and Spears can follow up with air combos to more easily hit cursed parts.

Mine + Weapon
Summoned mines will be absorbed into a summoned weapon, infusing it with more power. Non-elemental Axe can infuse with all mines (including Iron Virgin's) while elemental weapons require the same element. Boss weapon offerings will not infuse

Parasitic + Area Healing
As its description says, using area (or ranged) healing will make a parasitic seed on an enemy to grow and eventually bloom into a tree, damaging the enemy and knocking it down.

Summon + Homing
Immobile golems will be powered up and attack much faster when hit with multiple root offerings consecutively. Rank 2 (Bronze) golems require 150 damage (apparently unaffected by sigils) to activate; higher rank golems were not tested and might differ. [1]

Summon + Roar
Immobile golems will shatter into several smaller, mobile imps with the use of any Roar offering, functioning like the Snow White and Succubus offerings.

Terrain + Bomb
Bulbs will absorb terrain of the same element, transforming them into large venus fly traps that work as turrets, firing projectiles at enemies. Bulbs will combo with boss terrains but terrains will not combo with boss bombs.

Terrain + Explosive
While eggs are 'prepped', they will charge while standing in terrain. Non-elemental will become elemental while elemental requires the same type.

Terrain + Homing
Roots of the same element will charge faster than normal.

Terrain + Throwing
While projectiles are active, they will charge while standing in terrain. Like explosive, non-elemental will work with any element, while elemental requires the same type. Throwing offerings will 'eat' the terrain and it will not last as long as one would think.

Arboreal + Arboreal Combos
Healing + Healing
Lifefruit: Huge health restore.

Healing + Levibloom
Adeptfruit: Effects with timers will last longer.

Healing + Vimblossom
Animafruit: Restores a broken offering back to one use.

Healing + Wallblossom
Phoenixfruit: No effect on the living. Restores spirits back to life in a new body. However if health drops back to 0, the character dies again without an option to save or sacrifice. Does NOT restore offerings or black rites after use.

Levibloom + Levibloom
Galefruit: Incredibly fast speed boost.

Levibloom + Vimblossom
Aegisfruit: You cannot be killed for the duration, but you can still take damage.

Levibloom + Wallblossom
Wardingfruit: Nullifies status ailments.

Starveling + Healing, Vimblossom or Wallblossom
Cythonian: Kills the player, turning them into a spirit temporarily (if everyone consumes this, the pact is failed). They cannot interact like a normal spirit would but can spread fruits.

Starveling + Starveling
Fiendfruit: Larger health restore and attack boost.

Vimblossom + Vimblossom
Demonfruit: Stronger attack boost.

Vimblossom + Wallblossom
Bastionfruit: Nullifies a single attack.

Wallblossom + Wallblossom
Etherfruit: Stronger elemental defense boost.

Team Combo
These combos either require two sorcerers to perform or only affect other sorcerers.

Arboreal + Roar
While under the effects of a fruit, using any Roar spell will remove the effect from the player and transfer it to allies nearby. An uncharged roar is enough for this effect, with the advantage that it won't knock allies down. This will work on both normal and combo fruits.

Morph + Armt
As one player uses a morph offering, another player will have to use an Arm offering to punch the other player into an enemy.

Morph + Beastt
As one player uses a morph offering, another player will have to use a beast offering's breath attack on it, transforming the morph into a larger ball.

Regenesis Seed + Roar
While under the healing over time effects of Regenesis seed, if the player uses any Roar spell, they can spread the effect to other players in range.

Shield + Beast
As one player summons a shield, another player will have to use the same element beast offering's breath attack on it, increasing the size of the shield. Has the same result as Armor + Shield combo.
Benefits of each faction:

baekshi

Banned
Monster Weakness update:
Code:
Monster Weakness	
	Monsters	Part Weakness	
None	Iron Virgin  	Heat (Head)	
	Incubus	-	
	Griffin		
	Cyclops		
	Hansel and Gretel		
	Leprechaun		
	Minotaur	Volt (Axe)	
	Slime (Carnivorous)		
	Slime (Avaricious)		
	Bremen		
	Lizardman		
	Cat Sith		
	Wyvern		
	Illecebra *	Volt, Stone, Frost (varies)	
	Alice *	
	Ghost/ Wraith		
	[SPOILER]Dragon[/SPOILER]		Highlight to view
[SPOILER]	God Dragon		
	Romulus (God of Order)		
	Cert (God of Chaos)
	Odin	[/SPOILER]	
Heat	Troll		
	Three-Little Pigs	Venom(Hammer)	
	Snow White		
	Dwarf		
	Hydra		
	Basilisk		
	Beelzebub		
	Behemoth		
	Harpy		
	Elven Queen		
	Gigas		
Venom	Gargoyle		
	Dullahan		
	Cinderella		
	Tortoise and the Hare		
	Bahamut
Stone	Ouroboros		
	Cerberus		
	Naked Emperor		
	Valkyrie		
	Abyssal Fiend		
Volt	Frog Prince		
	Kraken		
	Jack Frost		
	Siren		
	Taria		
	Pegasus		
	Unicorn		
	Leviathan		
Frost	Ogre	Volt (Sickle)	
	Werewolf		
	Phoenix		
	Succubus		
	Jack-o-lantern		
	Centaur		
	Chimera	Stone (Spear), Heat (Shield)	
	Pied Piper
	Chthonian Fiend

ChrisD

So is multiplayer something you unlock later? And if so, do you have to join specific lobbies, or can you just jump right into someone else's via a menu?

Will likely stick with singleplayer, but online seems like a fun thing to dabble with.

baekshi

Banned
So is multiplayer something you unlock later? And if so, do you have to join specific lobbies, or can you just jump right into someone else's via a menu?

Will likely stick with singleplayer, but online seems like a fun thing to dabble with.

Complete one each faction story (Avalon - Caranatuax, Sanct - Sympatha, Grim - Red Hood) to unlock multiplayer mode.

Top Bottom