• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

OmegaZero

Sweet, ty. I'll try it out.
For some reason, playing using the Sinner raiment makes me want to pick up Freedom Wars.

EDIT: It worked! I was just doing the wrong mission the whole time.
That Iron Virgin took like 20 minutes to kill though.

baekshi

Banned
Sweet, ty. I'll try it out.
For some reason, playing using the Sinner raiment makes me want to pick up Freedom Wars.

EDIT: It worked! I was just doing the wrong mission the whole time.
That Iron Virgin took like 20 minutes to kill though.

Freedom Wars isn't that bad, be sure to fight dionaea

when you have better sigils you should be able to do this in less than <10mins.

so, i bought the game recently and have about 3 hours into it. I just wanted to confirm that im going about things the right way since the game is a bit aimless right now.

I decided to go Sanctuarium and i believe i've completed all of the missions related to that
sympathia kills her bro, then it seems like it's over
. So, it dumps me back into the journal, and now i guess i either do the Grim or Avalon missions? I know it might sound like im an idiot but i just don't want to go down the wrong path or that maybe im missing something.

baekshi

Banned
so, i bought the game recently and have about 3 hours into it. I just wanted to confirm that im going about things the right way since the game is a bit aimless right now.

I decided to go Sanctuarium and i believe i've completed all of the missions related to that
sympathia kills her bro, then it seems like it's over
. So, it dumps me back into the journal, and now i guess i either do the Grim or Avalon missions? I know it might sound like im an idiot but i just don't want to go down the wrong path or that maybe im missing something.
You only had to do the Red Hood/Similia story under Grim for now. After that, just keep on with the story.

baekshi

Banned
Soul Sacrifice Delta Theme released today in Japan.

JOfwPMi.png

xfqmWnC.png

04Fdw1W.png

Theme music of Soul sacrifice delta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRVXcwCKts

deanote666

Trying to get the "Strides of the Conqueror" trophy for clearing all of Age of Intrigue pacts and I have two that are blacked out. "Howling Down the Holt" and "Swaying Serpentine Seabottom." What are the requirements for unlocking them?

Flunkie

Banned
This game is so great. Finally transferred over my save last night and started playing. Game is way more fun than I remember vanilla being and I can't stop playing! About finished with the first three quests in their respective factions.

ZeroAKA

This game is so great. Finally transferred over my save last night and started playing. Game is way more fun than I remember vanilla being and I can't stop playing! About finished with the first three quests in their respective factions.
Baekshi finally got to you?

So, i feel like I'm nearing the end of this game. I'm just mainlining the campaign, i'm 10 hours in, and I'm almost done with the Beginning of the End missions. From what i've read, there's only one more section left to do, Only Memories Remain.

So how come when i look up the average playthrough for this game on HLTB, I'm seeing 25 hours? Is the last chapter really really long or is it impossible without grinding or something? Because going by my math, i would think i have maybe 5 hours left at most.

ZeroAKA

So, i feel like I'm nearing the end of this game. I'm just mainlining the campaign, i'm 10 hours in, and I'm almost done with the Beginning of the End missions. From what i've read, there's only one more section left to do, Only Memories Remain.

So how come when i look up the average playthrough for this game on HLTB, I'm seeing 25 hours? Is the last chapter really really long or is it impossible without grinding or something? Because going by my math, i would think i have maybe 5 hours left at most.
There's also a bonus "revised" story/ending in SSD that you unlock after doing a couple of the Grim quests. It should easily add at least another 5 hours to the game, depending on your skill level.

There's also a bonus "revised" story/ending in SSD that you unlock after doing a couple of the Grim quests. It should easily add at least another 5 hours to the game, depending on your skill level.

but is it just optional stuff? I'm just trying to play the main storyline and, truthfully, i'm kinda having my fill of the game as it is. I don't foresee myself doing anything past the obvious final encounter with Magusar.

ZeroAKA

but is it just optional stuff? I'm just trying to play the main storyline and, truthfully, i'm kinda having my fill of the game as it is. I don't foresee myself doing anything past the obvious final encounter with Magusar.
It's basically an alternate ending to the main Magusar storyline. I liked it a lot, but you should probably move on for now if you're tired of the game. The new story will take a while to complete.

It's basically an alternate ending to the main Magusar storyline. I liked it a lot, but you should probably move on for now if you're tired of the game. The new story will take a while to complete.

Thanks for your replies! so if i'm just looking to mainline the rest of the game then it seems doable within 5 hours or so woohoo

PepperedHam

Most likely going to be buying this next week. Game still popular/active on the online side of things?

I guess the better question for me would be whether or not most of the game is soloable (with AI partners I'm assuming)? I probably won't go online either way since I usually play at odd hours, so as long as most of the game can be done that way I'll be game.

I played a bit of the demo for the vanilla game and I loved the combat so I'm just about over the fence anyway but just curious about the solo friendliness of end game stuff.

Most likely going to be buying this next week. Game still popular/active on the online side of things?

I guess the better question for me would be whether or not most of the game is soloable (with AI partners I'm assuming)? I probably won't go online either way since I usually play at odd hours, so as long as most of the game can be done that way I'll be game.

I played a bit of the demo for the vanilla game and I loved the combat so I'm just about over the fence anyway but just curious about the solo friendliness of end game stuff.

Kind of late for this (I only saw this after the bump), but the entire game is soloable from start to end, including all extra content. In fact if I had any complaint is that the AI partners are so good it makes multiplayer harder in comparison :D. This is primarily for Delta, I think vanilla had quite worse AI partners.

As for the question that prompted the bump, there's a wikis for the game with builds among other things:
http://soulsacrifice.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Sacrifice_Wiki

Victrix

*beard*
Just picked this up, my first actual Vita game for my new Vita :D

Really dig the atmosphere, it's quite dark, reminiscent of <redacted>.

Game looks and plays slick, though so far (just done with the basic trials), the enemies have been fairly uninteresting.

cj_iwakura

I'm thinking of getting this, but I could use some clarification...

I finished SS1 on Plus, but I no longer have Plus. If I buy this, I'll get all the story from the original and I can still import my data? I loved the original's story, and would love more of it.

I'm thinking of getting this, but I could use some clarification...

I finished SS1 on Plus, but I no longer have Plus. If I buy this, I'll get all the story from the original and I can still import my data? I loved the original's story, and would love more of it.

Yes to the first, SSD includes all story from vanilla whether you had it or not.

More or less yes to the second: IIRC you keep your level, unlocked costumes and such, and main story, but the side missions are remixed with the old DLC and new content (so that you don't fight golem and harpy 20 times in a row), and right now I'm not sure how many of the old offerings and sigils carry over (I think they all do but at a limit of 10x per offering?).

All in all if you liked vanilla, you will fall in love with Delta. It's such an incredibly improved game, from the new moves and combinations of old offerings, to new offerings, new bosses, new systems, new story, much better balance, much faster pace... it really makes vanilla look bad.

cj_iwakura

Yes to the first, SSD includes all story from vanilla whether you had it or not.

More or less yes to the second: IIRC you keep your level, unlocked costumes and such, and main story, but the side missions are remixed with the old DLC and new content (so that you don't fight golem and harpy 20 times in a row), and right now I'm not sure how many of the old offerings and sigils carry over (I think they all do but at a limit of 10x per offering?).

All in all if you liked vanilla, you will fall in love with Delta. It's such an incredibly improved game, from the new moves and combinations of old offerings, to new offerings, new bosses, new systems, new story, much better balance, much faster pace... it really makes vanilla look bad.

Great. Weird that it's cheaper than vanilla and doesn't require it... Vanilla is $26.99 on PSN and this is only $18.

Great. Weird that it's cheaper than vanilla and doesn't require it... Vanilla is $26.99 on PSN and this is only $18.

That is odd indeed, perhaps they don't bother putting vanilla on sale because they assume everyone has it via Plus, or they don't want people buying it simply because it's rougher and may put people off Delta and future sequels.

18$ for Delta is a complete steal, though. For context, I have about 20 hours logged on vanilla and well over 100 on Delta. It just has so much content.

Jawmuncher

Was trying to transfer my Soul Sacrifice data from the cloud but it seems it's not actually there. That data has been deleted awhile from my system as well.

7f8z0u8u.gif

Was trying to transfer my Soul Sacrifice data from the cloud but it seems it's not actually there. That data has been deleted awhile from my system as well.

7f8z0u8u.gif

Ouch, that hurts. I'm sorry about it.

Also, apparently Delta is like 5$ on US PSN or something? You have to be nuts not to puck it up at that price. Go spread the word!

^So I picked up the game for $5 yesterday.

What are the good attacks this time around? Or atleast a good combo. I remember the long shot rocks and golems were pretty great in the last game.

Shengar

Throwing spells were nerfed, they took longer to be casted and no longer able to inflict status effect. But you can combine them with carpet/floor spell to infused it with elemental damage if you using the non-elemental one.

I haven't played any style yet beside throwing, so I can't say much about this.

Throwing spells were nerfed, they took longer to be casted and no longer able to inflict status effect. But you can combine them with carpet/floor spell to infused it with elemental damage if you using the non-elemental one.

I haven't played any style yet beside throwing, so I can't say much about this.

Delta is much more balanced than vanilla. Aside from nerfing throwing, thy buffed melee attacks a lot, particularly when combined with Evasive spells. Basically, whenever you dash under the effect of an Evasive spell and use a melee attack, you'll instead perform an unique attack/animation dependant on the types of spells (ex. underground evasive spells + beast melee spell = Shinyuken from SFA) that is not only usually better than any other melee attacks, it also completely skips the weapon summoning animation and usually jumps high into the air putting you in a much safer position. The instant weapon summoning can be used to perform overcharge melee attacks (the ones that destroy your weapon) much faster.

For details on all the combos check here: I remade the page a few months ago adding several combos, formatting and adding table and non-table versions of it:
http://soulsacrifice.wikia.com/wiki/Offering's_Combo

Skii

I've just starting playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and it's going great but there's one thing I don't understand... How do you tell how many casts you have?

I've checked all over the internet and just can't find a definitive answer on how to check that during battle. I've learnt that certain offerings can be "broken" with overuse so I don't want that to happen.

I've just starting playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and it's going great but there's one thing I don't understand... How do you tell how many casts you have?

I've checked all over the internet and just can't find a definitive answer on how to check that during battle. I've learnt that certain offerings can be "broken" with overuse so I don't want that to happen.

The game purposely doesn't tell you the exact number of casts left. You can tell you're about halfway empty when they start blinking, and nearly out when they start blinking red. They will never break before blinking red, but any time you're using them when they are red, you risk them breaking.

However, do not be concerned at all by them breaking. Repairing them takes a meager amount of Librom tears, which you will soon be drowned in (pun half intended). By far the biggest downside of them breaking is that you can't use them for the remainder of the mission (i.e. you can't replenish them by saving monsters or extracting environment objects). Depending on the offering and mission, this can seriously cripple you and force you to give up the mission.

Same for Black Rites. They cap at 100 lacrima to repair and you'll have thousands in no time, so don't be afraid to use them every now and then if you can cope with the penalty until the end of the mission, so that you get the "sacrifice" bonus offerings at the end of it.

Uncollected lacrima (from doing missions and not talking to librom) stack indefinitely unless I'm wrong, so you can't even lose them that way, you'll just get all of them at once when you go collect them.

Skii

The game purposely doesn't tell you the exact number of casts left. You can tell you're about halfway empty when they start blinking, and nearly out when they start blinking red. They will never break before blinking red, but any time you're using them when they are red, you risk them breaking.

However, do not be concerned at all by them breaking. Repairing them takes a meager amount of Librom tears, which you will soon be drowned in (pun half intended). By far the biggest downside of them breaking is that you can't use them for the remainder of the mission (i.e. you can't replenish them by saving monsters or extracting environment objects). Depending on the offering and mission, this can seriously cripple you and force you to give up the mission.

Same for Black Rites. They cap at 100 lacrima to repair and you'll have thousands in no time, so don't be afraid to use them every now and then if you can cope with the penalty until the end of the mission, so that you get the "sacrifice" bonus offerings at the end of it.

Uncollected lacrima (from doing missions and not talking to librom) stack indefinitely unless I'm wrong, so you can't even lose them that way, you'll just get all of them at once when you go collect them.

Ah thank you! This was driving me crazy. Now I can spam offerings in peace :D

I don'r even know how to activate the Black Rites. I'm assuming it will be a story event that will teach me how to use it!

Is Lacrima only used to repair offerings and Black Rites?

I don'r even know how to activate the Black Rites. I'm assuming it will be a story event that will teach me how to use it!

Is Lacrima only used to repair offerings and Black Rites?

IIRC the Black Rite option shows up after your health is at about 25%, you hold the icon on the screen to activate it.
I believe lacrima is also used when generating a Blank Page.

Yeah, I answered ASAP because I was uneasy when I was playing at first, for this exact reason. Once you realize how trivial it is to repair them you just worry about running out mid-mission.

How many lacrima is it to repair an offering, anyone remember? Fifty? I have over 16k right now. :D

Also, aside from creating blank pages, lacrima are also used to resurrect allies you sacrifice. All them are pretty low costs IIRC, especially for a resource that's essentially infinite.

Just wanna say, the writing in the lore is really really good. Like holy shit, some of these lores are depressing as hell.

One of the many things setting this apart from the crop of MonHun's. The lore is morbid as hell but that makes it so much more interesting than the barely there, low-end Saturday morning cartoon dialogue of other games in the genre (including but not limited to MH itself).

cj_iwakura

It took my data from my + version of SS vanilla even though it was expired. :D So I'm in.

Does it expect me to do redo the story mode? Librom seemed to explain what's changed, and yet I feel like I should go through it again. (I wouldn't mind that at all, either.)

Redhood

It took my data from my + version of SS vanilla even though it was expired. :D So I'm in.

Does it expect me to do redo the story mode? Librom seemed to explain what's changed, and yet I feel like I should go through it again. (I wouldn't mind that at all, either.)

Finish the guilds quest 1st chapters! Then all your progress will be opened.

I picked this game up again after not playing it a while. I have a blood build right now. I noticed there are sigils that boost venom spell damage, the likelihood of poisoning a monster, the duration of poisoning, AND increase damage done to already poisoned enemies. Would a venom build be viable, or is element too weak against monsters that aren't specifically weak to that element? I may just stick with blood anyway.

Shengar

I picked this game up again after not playing it a while. I have a blood build right now. I noticed there are sigils that boost venom spell damage, the likelihood of poisoning a monster, the duration of poisoning, AND increase damage done to already poisoned enemies. Would a venom build be viable, or is element too weak against monsters that aren't specifically weak to that element? I may just stick with blood anyway.
It might be decent against enemies who aren't weak to it. Might be the best build when there are two archdemons and one of them weak to poison.

Top Bottom