• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Dsyndrome

Baekshi, you're my SS Delta hero for your earlier post. I hope the next f'ing game gets localized here so you can champion that; wish more folks gave the game a chance so I could get a physical copy. That being said, I need to stop sucking, quit getting distracted by other games, and keep going past the Red Riding Hood initial story. :(

ChrisD

SWEET MOTHER OF BATMAN

I just got to the point of Network play, and thus, unlocked pacts.

Lots

and lots

of pacts

That was at least eighty.

Oh my word. So much. So so much.

Also random online is great. Jump right in, jump right out, switch things on the fly. Really fun, too. Nobody ever dies though. I want those Martyr Rewards. :p

SWEET MOTHER OF BATMAN

I just got to the point of Network play, and thus, unlocked pacts.

Lots

and lots

of pacts

That was at least eighty.

Oh my word. So much. So so much.

Also random online is great. Jump right in, jump right out, switch things on the fly. Really fun, too. Nobody ever dies though. I want those Martyr Rewards. :p

Martyr rewards are most easily farmed in missions with no archfiends (collect soul shards, slay X minions, etc.) by equipping a blood offering and asking your AI companions to sacrifice you. They make a beeline for the enemies/soul shards right after. As a bonus, you can get quite a lot of points (being sacrificed + assist as a ghost + heal as a ghost).

It's really convenient, and there's a difficulty 13 collect mission where you can also get tons of experience by ignoring the soul shards and killing everything in sight (you can kill like 15-20 before they stop respawning). Better yet, you get (L) faction testaments in that mission as faction rewards.

You could also do so in multiplayer against archfiends when the enemy is near death, but you lose on the archfiend's SE/LE, of course.

baekshi

Banned
How soon can I get to that part? I mean, I don't expect to beat any DLC boss after just starting the game, but does that mean I can't get the offerings and raiments sooner as well?

I think you should already have the level 10 unlocked from beginning. The raiment requires you to beat it 3 times.

Flandy

#1 Soul Sacrifice fan on GAF here.
I've committed many a sin here
ZcW1MCR.jpg

However, it's finally time.
14827876777_d0100a0172_o.png

It's time to be reborn
14827871768_b8f9b054cd_c.jpg

It has been done.
14827813329_0f4dd75c36_b.jpg

Shengar

According to the OP, Flandy is GAF's biggest SS fan.

That's a lie, that can't be right.

On a serious note, do anyone know how the Want Rumor work? As far as I understand it, Want rumor seems to correspond the SE/LE. So if I want Behemoth LE+++, I can't just slap normal Behemot Want Rumor because that just ensures me to get LE+ instead of LE+++, unless I use Want Rumor++. Isn't my understanding right?

That's a lie, that can't be right.

On a serious note, do anyone know how the Want Rumor work? As far as I understand it, Want rumor seems to correspond the SE/LE. So if I want Behemoth LE+++, I can't just slap normal Behemot Want Rumor because that just ensures me to get LE+ instead of LE+++, unless I use Want Rumor++. Isn't my understanding right?

My understanding is this:
1) On any given pact, you can get anything from LE (no +) up to the maximum + level as determined by the pact difficulty. Yes, this means you can get vanilla, no +, plain old LE from a difficulty 15 pact (correct me if I'm wrong).
2) I believe that "Want" rumors simply increase (not guarantee) the chances of a particular grade of LE dropping. Obviously, that LE grade must be attainable for the pact's difficulty. Under that assumption, a Want++ on a Difficulty 10 or lower pact would do zilch; this is speculation, so it might well be that Want++ actually makes it so that better grades of LE's can drop, in general.

I don't think extensive research has been done into this, since rumors are Delta-only. Anyone knows for a fact if any of the above is incorrect?

baekshi

Banned
So if I want Behemoth LE+++, I can't just slap normal Behemot Want Rumor because that just ensures me to get LE+ instead of LE+++, unless I use Want Rumor++. Isn't my understanding right?

That's right, or you can also use Yearn++ Rumor that'll give SE/LE+++ on any archfiend.
My understanding is that they boost chances so if you don't get them, don't save the game at the end of pact and reload save.

These +++ can only be get from 11+ pacts also which usually drops +/++ also. If you want a essence without a plus(+), you'd have to low difficulty pacts ranging from 1-3(perhaps 4-6 also) and some can be just as hard to come.

Shengar

I thought as muchm since not only there is Want+ rumor, but I also got SE+ when I use standard Want rumor while most of the time its SE++.

What is the prequisite of receiving Want++? Must I kill a bunch of Behemoth (like dozens?) if I want to receive Want++ rumor?

baekshi

Banned
I thought as muchm since not only there is Want+ rumor, but I also got SE+ when I use standard Want rumor while most of the time its SE++.

What is the prequisite of receiving Want++? Must I kill a bunch of Behemoth (like dozens?) if I want to receive Want++ rumor?

Well that would be one way to get it, I believe it's (30+) but I'm not exactly sure. You can get Yearn rumor at high INT easily. Blank Pages do have Want++ rumors also or from logging in high amount of SP for the week.
To be honest, it's not worth the trouble. Do the pact, save or sacrifice it and hope for the best. Do it in the highest difficulty.

Also equipping (for LE) Divine Arm in Hand supposedly increases chance, and Holy Supper in upper arm although none of this proven nor we really know it increases.

Shengar

Well that would be one way to get it, I believe it's (30+) but I'm not exactly sure. You can get Yearn rumor at high INT easily. Blank Pages do have Want++ rumors also or from logging in high amount of SP for the week.
To be honest, it's not worth the trouble. Do the pact, save or sacrifice it and hope for the best. Do it in the highest difficulty.

Also equipping (for LE) Divine Arm in Hand supposedly increases chance, and Holy Supper in upper arm although none of this proven nor we really know it increases.

Yeah, it looks like not worth the trouble if I specifically sniping for the rumor itself. I just want to know how much misfortune of killing Behemoth I have to do before the game giving it to me.

I somehow didn't realize before that SS Delta is discounted in part 2 of Summer Discounts on PSN.
So I went ahead and bought it, plus the JPN Voice pack.
I did not go far into SS but I hope I will this time!

Cha

Just imported my Vanilla SS save, and did the first Grim pact. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of new stuff in delta. Not exactly sure what direction I'm supposed to be heading in. Decided to work my levels up from Sortiara's arc, since my levels have reset to 1/1. I know I have rumours to boost my exp, but I'm not sure if I should use them in these opening quests, or save them for later quests (does it matter?). I feel like such a noob, despite sinking over 140 hours into the original. The combo list on the previous page is going to come in handy. It's kinda cool to be running around with a character dressed like Kat :)

baekshi

Banned
Just imported my Vanilla SS save, and did the first Grim pact. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of new stuff in delta. Not exactly sure what direction I'm supposed to be heading in. Decided to work my levels up from Sortiara's arc, since my levels have reset to 1/1. I know I have rumours to boost my exp, but I'm not sure if I should use them in these opening quests, or save them for later quests (does it matter?). I feel like such a noob, despite sinking over 140 hours into the original. The combo list on the previous page is going to come in handy. It's kinda cool to be running around with a character dressed like Kat :)

Use them since you'll get XXL exp rumor when you do a transmutation at 100. Save that until you get your 2nd XXL one though so you can equip both at the same time and then get to level 100 in one use (they have use of 5 per rumor).

Xenoflare

Finally caved in due to the plus sale. I had $17.99 in my account and the game costs $17.19 due to the sale.

There is a definite graphical update, the character model looks much nicer, but at the same time the fields look a bit washed out compared to vanilla.

Damn they changed the alignments and voices of the allies! I used Radux and Endeir, the first one got changed into a Dark arm and the latter got Divine arm, both were neutral in the original.

Also no more snarky comment from Endeir :/

How are exps calculated for fate? I asked this a long while ago in this thread and no one replied. Because there are no numbers displayed when choosing it. (eg life+10,magic-5)

Being able to use imported offerings made me feel so broken, yet I like this feeling......

Shengar

How are exps calculated for fate? I asked this a long while ago in this thread and no one replied. Because there are no numbers displayed when choosing it. (eg life+10,magic-5)
As far as I can tell, it is kinda random. It will stay at an equilibirium between Magic-Life most of the time, but using Fate on archfiend typically break this especially when they have Good/Evil Soul and make the level between your Magic-Life asynchronous. Despite that, I think you don't receive the "bonus" exp when you use Fate on a Good/Evil soul and ended up saving/sacrificng it respectively.

Been lurking this thread for a while, now I need some general advice :).
After playing SSD for some time, I've finally reached what seems to be the start of end game.
I've finished vanilla storyline and fought Magusar, grinded to lvl100, I'm going through variety of random pact 8 receiving Large offerings as reward.
Now, I'm not sure what to do next. Everything before was a breathe, but now I'm not too satisfied with my results - killing archfiends takes quite a bit of time and Legendary or even First-rate ratings are out of my reach.
My question is - what to do next? How can I improve my damage and overall performance to tackle next difficulties? Should I continue going through different pacts and side-stories or do I need to aim for something specific?
By the way, great guide on the previous page, good info.

Been lurking this thread for a while, now I need some general advice :).
After playing SSD for some time, I've finally reached what seems to be the start of end game.
I've finished vanilla storyline and fought Magusar, grinded to lvl100, I'm going through variety of random pact 8 receiving Large offerings as reward.
Now, I'm not sure what to do next. Everything before was a breathe, but now I'm not too satisfied with my results - killing archfiends takes quite a bit of time and Legendary or even First-rate ratings are out of my reach.
My question is - what to do next? How can I improve my damage and overall performance to tackle next difficulties? Should I continue going through different pacts and side-stories or do I need to aim for something specific?
By the way, great guide on the previous page, good info.

I was the same. To get your damage to ridiculous levels you need to:
1) Rite of Transmutation! Sacrifice your 100 levels in exchange for a Heart Sigil which gives +100% damage (!) to a single spell type, and has its own sigil slot. I've transmuted five times now, successive climbs to level 100 are meteoric since you have access to high level pacts and high damaging spells. There's faction limitations so keep that in mind.
2) Get black offerings for your preferred spell type. These can only be obtained by fusing gold offerings with large testaments. Large testaments can be easily farmed via the difficulty 13 scavenge quest, which is also awesome for levelling up back to 100.
3) For extra oomph, try to get the normal (arm) sigils for your preferred spell type. That might take a bit longer as you need luck with the SE/LE drops.
Following 1 and 2 can double/triple your DPS in like one minute! This allows you to mow down sub-10 archfiends and to kill post-10 ones without falling asleep.

Xenoflare

As far as I can tell, it is kinda random. It will stay at an equilibirium between Magic-Life most of the time, but using Fate on archfiend typically break this especially when they have Good/Evil Soul and make the level between your Magic-Life asynchronous. Despite that, I think you don't receive the "bonus" exp when you use Fate on a Good/Evil soul and ended up saving/sacrificng it respectively.

Thanks, it also appears to me that exps go up slower if you choose fate, but it's expected, since it gives you both life and magic exps.

ZeroAKA

Thanks, it also appears to me that exps go up slower if you choose fate, but it's expected, since it gives you both life and magic exps.
You can actually level up to max faster using fate, since experience scales up based on level. For example, 50/50 requires much fewer experience points than 99/1 in the long run. I actually used Grim/fate to farm heart sigils at one point.

Thanks, will try that! Now to finally decide what spell type I like the most...

I went with Explosive (Avalon) for my first Heart Sigil, the damage was crazy and you can often break multiple parts. If you don't mind playing Grim, Throw is also a good choice to break parts. Melee spells (arm/spear/weapon) also provide a ton of damage for each cast, so they're pretty good for Alice's labyrinth. There's no wrong choice as long as it's a spell you use often, really, and in a few hours (less if you farm) you'll be level 100 again anyway.

baekshi

Banned
Does anyone ever managed to consistently break "hidden" part like Pier Piper's skeleton or Incubus' tongue?

Incubus can be a bit tough like Slime without other players help, but you can stunt both of those and have their parts come out.

As for piper, if you keep breaking his other parts first i'm pretty sure that he will reveal his part so be quick on it. this one isnt hard

Shengar

Incubus can be a bit tough like Slime without other players help, but you can stunt both of those and have their parts come out.

As for piper, if you keep breaking his other parts first i'm pretty sure that he will reveal his part so be quick on it. this one isnt hard

Slime is fucking weird. His parts is just so hard right now. I never able to break them while I always consistently does in the first game. Heck, I've once pounding a Slime's front leg until he dropped dead without his leg breaking at all.

baekshi

Banned
Slime is fucking weird. His parts is just so hard right now. I never able to break them while I always consistently does in the first game. Heck, I've once pounding a Slime's front leg until he dropped dead without his leg breaking at all.

normally what i do is hit in the inner part of slime first then go for his "hand" and last legs

Xenoflare

I remember my first encounter with a slime, I just sat there and let those projectiles killing me.

It also seems like the summoning magic trick doesn't work now since the giants you summon are easier to stun.

I just got the game and I found out I can transfer my saves. And I just replayed the new game not knowing any of that.. :3
Still great improvement can't wait to play online again.

Shengar

I remember my first encounter with a slime, I just sat there and let those projectiles killing me.

It also seems like the summoning magic trick doesn't work now since the giants you summon are easier to stun.

And golems are now de-summoned when Archfiends roared from taking too muc damage, so mind your summoning time when use it.

Arzehn

Just beat this game yesterday, it's probably one of the best games the Vita has to offer. Story mode is my ideal length, there's a lot of pact content, and the online is fun. Cleared stage 6 on my first Alice run with some peeps who knew what they were doing, seems like a cool mode.

Wish the Faction SP was a bit more fleshed out, from what I understand there is no real point to it but a leaderboard, some weekly rewards would be cool. Still I'm glad it's there (I like leaderboards).

Main complaint is that you spend a lot of time in the menu and on loading screens. The pacts of course vary in length, but a majority you can beat in 1-3 minutes. In the higher level pacts everyone wants to achieve hell on the monsters and it can take a bit to get going sometimes.

Was a bit disappointed that the SCEJA conference ended without a sequel, but then realized Delta (and even the original) is still pretty recent. Hope this game sold enough for them to consider. Maybe a PS4/Vita future for this franchise like God Eater seems to be doing. Cross-play and Cross-save would be good for these kinds of games.

You do get a reward but it's not that impressive and actually there is still chance for the sequel to be announced at TGS if they're having a stage for Delta that is.

I hope so!

baekshi

Banned
Wish the Faction SP was a bit more fleshed out, from what I understand there is no real point to it but a leaderboard, some weekly rewards would be cool. Still I'm glad it's there (I like leaderboards).

Main complaint is that you spend a lot of time in the menu and on loading screens. The pacts of course vary in length, but a majority you can beat in 1-3 minutes. In the higher level pacts everyone wants to achieve hell on the monsters and it can take a bit to get going sometimes.

Was a bit disappointed that the SCEJA conference ended without a sequel, but then realized Delta (and even the original) is still pretty recent. Hope this game sold enough for them to consider. Maybe a PS4/Vita future for this franchise like God Eater seems to be doing. Cross-play and Cross-save would be good for these kinds of games.

You do get a reward but it's not that impressive and actually there is still chance for the sequel to be announced at TGS if they're having a stage for Delta that is.

Really finding it hard to find games which are for low levels, i normally just make a room and do a few missions, someone joins then leaves without even saying hello
im 16/16

Kinda annoying as these lv3-6 stages take forever by myself and getting boring, 15-20mins hitting a boss

Top Bottom