• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park - Season 18 - Begins September 24th @ 10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping that's not the last of the ISIS stuff. Would be a huge wasted opportunity.

Nevertheless, really funny top-notch way to start off.

Good episode, can't wait for in the next 24 or so hours or so when the season premiere glow wears off and there's posts saying it wasn't very good or sucked.

undrtakr900

I thought this episode was hilariously awesome, i freaking lost it at the Goodell voice-over part. Mat & Trey still got it after 18 seasons, can't wait for next week!

eDIt: Did the art style seems kind of weird to anyone else? South Park is known for its crude graphics/animation but this season's visuals seemed like really smooth and vibrant. I can't really explain it, but it just didn't look right..

undrtakr900

I didnt get the Isis part
I think the only point of ISIS this episode was to show they're also involved with the internet heavily, and that at the end they were also against using the name Redskins. So yeah, little point besides "hey this is relevant"

Whatever though, I was laughing like an idiot the whole episode. Welcome back South Park.
Actually the ISIS part has relevance...

Al Quaeda has publicly stated ISIS is "too extreme" for them.

..and now ISIS are saying the RedSkins are essentially "too extreme" for them lol

It's amazing how many references they can cram into an episode and still make it work.

Nibel

Damn, great debut episode for this season. Incredible amount of references.
KuGsj.gif

ElTopo

Banned
I thought the raid on Kickstarter was good and the reveal of the new logo but it was pretty meh overall. Not a great debut but I'm not into Football and haven't really been following the controversy.

CassSept

Well, I think that was the best SP season opener in years. Color me surprised, I didn't expect to enjoy that one as much as I did.

Yeah, that was one hell of a packed episode, a huge change from last year's first half of the season where they had entire episodes built around a single joke.

Ourobolus

Banned
That episode was fantastic. Couldn't stop laughing. Really my only complaint is the ISIS stuff felt a little shoehorned in there, but the rest was gold.

The Goodell bot and the fact that Cousins replaced RG3 made my night.

Well, that, and Butters.

"Wait, is the the company where I don't get raped?"

The episode is now up on SPS. Don't know what time it was put up though.

A startup company that doesn't actually do anything? I'm reminded of CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet. Also, it took me a bit to get the elevator scene.

MBR

Banned
That was great. With how much they managed to fit, I thought the end would have something to do with Notch and Minecraft what with the selling out stuff. Or maybe Oculus --> FB since it was about Kickstarter.

zsswimmer

This is gonna be a good season. The newer seasons are so much better than the earlier ones, sometimes they replay the early ones on Comedy Central and I can't believe how shitty they were, in humor and art style. Those Black Friday episodes that came on before the season premier was hilarious too, forgot about that one.

ElTopo

Banned
First 2 seasons had their moments of brilliance. Trey and Matt hate Season 2 because that's when they had other writers take over.

Season 3 is when the show really got going.

Not really that familiar with the subject material so the episode mostly flew over me. Loved the part where the Redskins took over the Kickstarter building, though.

Brinbe

Fucking amazing. They still got it. From the the NFL/Redskins to kickstarters to ISIS, they worked in a lot of subtle references that all worked quite well. And I will always love and respect their attention to detail, just look at how they accurately portrayed every NFL owner and quickly replacing RG3/Cousins.

The whole Kickstarter thing is fhe funiest in that how people take advantage of it by doing almost nothing and making cash money for it. So.... anyone up for a start up company? All we need is a name....

DarkKyo

The whole Kickstarter thing is fhe funiest in that how people take advantage of it by doing almost nothing and making cash money for it. So.... anyone up for a start up company? All we need is a name....
Furry Balls Plopped Menacingly on the Table, INC is already taken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom