• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Holy shit this episode, I'm fucking dying

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So did the DNA test see through the foreign saliva in Randy’s mouth or is the joke that the Native American is actually a typical white dude?

I guess the anal swab signifies the former.

kirblar

So did the DNA test see through the foreign saliva in Randy’s mouth or is the joke that the Native American is actually a typical white dude?

I guess the anal swab signifies the former.
They got mixed results from both and had to redo it.

Neece

This was mostly stupid all the way through but I laughed way more than I feel I should have. The stuff with the native just kept getting me, especially with the jogger.

Dynasty

So... what was the point of that episode again?

Episode was just dumb fun.

If I had to take a meaning out of this, maybe it was making fun of the certain group of white people who look towards there ancestory for purpose and/or making fun out of white people trying to make themselves the victim.

kirblar

a) people opposing the change are only doing it out of a self-interested desire to keep the status quo's day off

b) Randy is a white dude motivated by guilt/shame, (which are terrible motivations) leading him to lash out and in the process leads to

c) Randy trampling all over an actual indigenous minority in the process. A bunch of white people are fighting with each other and the one native american guy gets used and abused in the process.

d) And in the end Randy comes to a "compromise" that pays lip service to issues faced by actual indigenous people but does nothing to actually address any of the issues they face.

I laughed at the (paraphrasing) "I thought everything would be fixed if I was a victim, but it turns out there's a downside too."

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
oh my god hilarious episode.

RENAME YOUR CITY ASSHOLE

Hey, how are you fucking racist!

GET OFF MY LAND YOU PIECE OF SHIT

Give me 3 minutes

Episode was just dumb fun.

If I had to take a meaning out of this, maybe it was making fun of the certain group of white people who look towards there ancestory for purpose and/or making fun out of white people trying to make themselves the victim.

if i had to extrapolate, it was aligning the "indigenous people" movement thing to how people want confederate statues to be taken down, since that is the more topical thing as of late. not really sure if they were pro or against anything though.

Banzai

So what did Randy think "indigenous" means? Just "rude"?
Had a few laughs this episode, but I don't think I like how it's implied that Randy wants to tear down the statues because of some victim complex? Maybe I misunderstood it completely, though.

kirblar

South Park is normally a satire/critique of upper-middle class white culture.

Randy's motivated by his guilt/shame. He gets increasingly obnoxious as he tries to absolve his guilt, in part by making himself a victim.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So what did Randy think "indigenous" means? Just "rude"?
Had a few laughs this episode, but I don't think I like how it's implied that Randy wants to tear down the statues because of some victim complex? Maybe I misunderstood it completely, though.

Probably "indignant"

Which fits the theme of the episode

Keasar

In 1492, Columbus got us all a day off schoo'
With just three ships he sailed over, so we could have some me time in October
And yes millions were slaughtered and throats were cut, but if don't get that day off schoo', then, for what?

Cartman is such an asshole, also the other kids. :p

That episode was great.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

I've seen a few people recently do 23, generally are white, and are so fascinated by the 2% of some other ethnicity they are. Apparently it's a common thing enough that Parker incorporated it into an episode.

Top Bottom