• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

For the people complaining about the uplay thing, Steam is going to require you to download and use uplay regardless if you bought on steam. So why not just buy it on uplay and skip a step and also play it a lot earlier?

shimon

For the people complaining about the uplay thing, Steam is going to require you to download and use uplay regardless if you bought on steam. So why not just buy it on uplay and skip a step and also play it a lot earlier?

Yeah Steam will be up in like 18h I think.

No, but that doesn't mean they can't show up in the DLC. I mentioned no Mint Berry Crunch and it sounds like they're in one of the add-ons.

Nooo, they would've been so perfect!

Huh, you think Mint Berry Crunch would've been in the base game, at least.

Tangeroo

OP should probably be updated regarding the "difficulty slider":

South Park: The Fractured But Whole's race choice won't *actually* affect difficulty, says Ubisoft

It's a bummer that this was a one-off joke with no actual impact on the game/scripting.

We reached out to the game's publisher, Ubisoft, who had no official statement but confirmed that it's just a joke. It doesn't affect combat difficulty or any other aspect of gameplay difficulty. The slider changes skin tone, but it's purely cosmetic.

Any word on if the character creator has dreads this time?
Nope. Or at least I didn't see it.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole's race choice won't *actually* affect difficulty, says Ubisoft

It's a bummer that this was a one-off joke with no actual impact on the game/scripting.
Cartman outright tells you it won't affect the game, just every other aspect of your life. Seems more like a clever joke/statement being used for the skin color slide.

Tangeroo

Cartman outright tells you it won't affect the game, just every other aspect of your life. Seems more like a clever joke/statement being used for the skin color slide.

Not quite. The exact quote is "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

It was also reported that it would affect other gameplay aspects:

Our Aoife Wilson and Chris Bratt, who captured the gameplay in the video, asked Ubisoft developers about this feature during a recent hands-on event. They were told the difficulty of the game affects the amount of money you receive and the way other characters speak to you throughout the course of the game. It is, quite clearly, a social commentary on racism in modern society, and as far as video games go, a pretty effective one.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, but Ubisoft walking it back isn't a good look.

Hm...I had thought that the PSN download stated this would be available at 9PM PST tonight, I wonder if that was the preload. Wasn't planning on getting to play this until tomorrow night, so it's a bonus if it happens early I guess.

Gattsu25

Banned
Not quite. The exact quote is "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

It was also reported that it would affect other gameplay aspects:

I guess we'll find out soon enough, but Ubisoft walking it back isn't a good look.

It's a good look for brown skinned people that wanted to play with characters their complexion. I guess that was the oversight they missed and why they walked it back.

My digital preorder on Xbox One just became available to play and I'm in the western United States. This is the first preordered game that has become before 9PM Eastern time for me.

Wilde

Steam unlock time has been updated, it now says it unlocks in "about 3 hours". So definitely midnight eastern, 9pm pacific.

dr_rus

So does this mean that any region won't even launch in any other region? Or is this for activation only?..

I'm seriously pissed (again) by these Ubisoft PC region locking schemes. It should not be *THIS HARD* for me to buy your games, you morons. No, I won't pay $35 for a Russian only version when a version with all languages can be bought for $50.

Seriously, with each release during the last couple of years these incompetent Ubisoft managers are pushing me more and more into searching for something starting with a tor and ending with a rent instead of wasting money on CD keys which won't work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Steam page just updated to midnight release

juy0PQt.gif

Meh3D

I pre-ordered the game on XBox One which comes with a free copy of the Stick of Truth. I wish MS would release Stick of Truth preorder bonus the day pror. I never played the original. I initially was going to buy the original for 30 until I came across the promotion. To add insult to injury you can’t pre-load the original.

I pre-ordered the game on XBox One which comes with a free copy of the Stick of Truth. I wish MS would release Stick of Truth preorder bonus the day pror. I never played the original. I initially was going to buy the original for 30 until I came across the promotion. To add insult to injury you can’t pre-load the original.

With a digital pre-order it unlocks immediately and is in Games and Apps under ready to install.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
1 hour. Hopefully they member berries good times with weapons.

I don't think I've been this excited for a release since Witcher 3.

OmahaG8

Anyone else order from Best Buy? Usually my BB preorders ship on Sundays but mine still shows as "preordered", not even "preparing". starting to get worried, may just go and pickup a copy at the store just to be safe...

I got an email yesterday that the pre-order bonus for the hat shipped out.

Just got an email today that said my Windows Gold Edition is delayed, and if they can't fill it by Nov. 15th, will cancel my order.

: I

Edit: and this was for a preorder I placed in 2016

sjay1994

It affects the amount of money you make from battles.

I remember them saying this from the get go of the joke's existance being revealed.

Honestly, it makes more sense than people for some reason hitting you harder, making smarter moves because you are black.

Stuart444

Youtube, first recommended video:

"South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Final Boss Fight"

Uploaded 14 hours ago as well.

:/

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Youtube, first recommended video:

"South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Final Boss Fight"

Uploaded 14 hours ago as well.

:/

Yeah, not googling shit in the next 3 days.

South Park, work, necessary sustenance, sleep, and perhaps bathing. Fuck the internet. In 42 minutes when it's activated.

What time does this unlock, anyone know?

Steam has it listed here. 41 minutes central time.

I got an email yesterday that the pre-order bonus for the hat shipped out.

Just got an email today that said my Windows Gold Edition is delayed, and if they can't fill it by Nov. 15th, will cancel my order.

: I

I dont even have the hat on my order but I got the same email too. I tried to change it to store pickup, hopefully that works

jrcbandit

So is Towlie an useless pre-order item? I dunno if I want him to be useful or not, lol. Hated the character on his first introduction on the show.

Did anyone else who got the gold edition physical on XB1 have issues redeeming your season pass? It says that I need to check my instructions and may need to redeem it on another page. The card says to do it on Xb1 or xboxlive.com

LOLCats

Banned
So is Towlie an useless pre-order item? I dunno if I want him to be useful or not, lol. Hated the character on his first introduction on the show.

Imo hope he has some once per fight skill that slows or something.

But im sure ill be dissapointed...

Top Bottom