• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - a prequel to Blood & Sand - Fridays on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

I just started catching up on the series. Very enjoyable.

I'm assuming Laura Surrich's contribution to the show was widely lauded.

This whole season has been incredibly strong, and episode five was no exception.
I feel bad for Titus despite knowing his death was inevitable. And poor Melitta. Way too hot to die.

Bring on the season finale. I'm pumped!

mjc

I think its most interesting that
Batiatus didn't kill Titus himself
. I think it shows that he's not the complete monster he's made out to be.

racooon

Banned
I'm very pumped for the finale, the last episode was very enjoyable.
Hopefully the next series will properly get stuck into the slave revolt.

- “Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan” talks “Spartacus” with executive producer Steven S. DeKnight

Maureen Ryan and Ryan McGee's podcast for this week:
Mo Ryan and I were thrilled to be joined by Steven S. DeKnight, former scribe on shows such as “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Smallville,” current executive producer on the bloody good STARZ series. Learn how the genesis of the series actually began in Las Vegas, how the show’s crazy production schedule ended up working in its favor, and learn what’s to come as DeKnight and Company start work on Season 2 of the show.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Same. One of my mates has been waiting it out till GotA is finished before watching and we will be having a "going away party" (potential prison :/) for another friend. Gonna marathon that shit, drink piss and go fishing.

GeoramA

Just finished with Season 1. My god what an awesome show, the last episode was just perfect television.

I'm going to miss so many people that were killed, though :(

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Same. One of my mates has been waiting it out till GotA is finished before watching and we will be having a "going away party" (potential prison :/) for another friend. Gonna marathon that shit, drink piss and go fishing.

At least the show will introduce him to man-love, and give him an idea of to expect.

I'm a kind of bittersweet on Episode 6 this week. I know it's going to be awesome, but I don't want the season to end either. I'm already very much looking forward to Season 2, and it's going to be a very long wait.

Zzoram

When is Season 2 starting? If Lucretia lives, do you think John Hannah's agent can get him in a flashback nailing some hot chick?

Season finale tonight!
The Bitter End

Batiatus seeks vengeance for all that has befallen him and retains his gladiators and Solonius in the cause. The opening of the new arena arrives, promising a spectacle of combat and blood.
The episode is supposedly a little longer than usual, so plan accordingly.

There's also a sneak peek at the premiere of Camelot afterwards.

ShinAmano

Cornballer said:
Season finale tonight! The episode is supposedly a little longer than usual, so plan accordingly.

There's also a sneak peek at the premiere of Camelot afterwards.
What is Camelot? Read up on Wiki...is it in the same vein at Sparticus? That would be awesome.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Time to saddle up. Fuck yeah.

Camelot looks interesting. If its anywhere near Spartacus then ... yeah!

Rengoku

Wow, pretty awesome finale! Not what I expected how certain parts would go, so was pleasantly surprised!
Gannicus breaking the other dude's jaw was gruesome, but fuck, was it satisfying. Props to the writers not killing him off, would love to see more of him in Season 2

Great finale, and that last kill was one of the nastiest looking things I have ever seen in a show. That fucking splooshing noise. Damn.

Also,
I totally guessed right early on about Gannicus surviving and being in season 2. That made me happy, because he was a pretty cool character.

Kak.efes

Rengoku said:
Wow, pretty awesome finale! Not what I expected how certain parts would go, so was pleasantly surprised!
Gannicus breaking the other dude's jaw was gruesome, but fuck, was it satisfying. Props to the writers not killing him off, would love to see more of him in Season 2

Honestly, it's probably all but assured. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a major role in the slave uprising. There needs to be some semblance of continuity with Whitfield being gone.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The finale was prettay, prettaay, prettaaay good.

The
inevitable Gannicus/Spartacus/Crixus teamup is gonna be so epic.

Gibbo

Just watched the finale- and wow. Goosebumps. I thought they would never be able to top the finale from last season- but they managed to at least match it IMO.

Whoever it is that choreographed the fights for this episode- give that man a raise.

racooon

Banned
Just watched it via stream.
Finale is pretty damn good. Not spoiling anything, obviously, but it definitely sets the scene for S2 of Spartacus proper.

Pkaz01

Amazing finale. Makes the wait for season 2 almost unbearable though.

For some reason that scene with the slave girl getting killed was hard for me to watch. And I was waiting for Batiatus to blink at the end, but he didn't. Oh well, I feel bad for doctore though after all the shit he went through he never finds who really killed his wife.

My God, that was amazing. Everything from the point of preparation for the final battle was probably some of the most EPIC television I have ever seen in my life. And the very last minute with the Spartacus speech playing over the death scene, oh man. And of course the Gannicus kill. BRUTAL AS HELL. So satisfyingly nasty.

This show is going to be remembered as being one of the best "closers" when it's all said and done. Two straight perfect finales, and it doesn't look like it'll let up in season 2. I can NOT wait.

My season 1 rewatch begins immediately.

lostxii

Excellent finale. Loved the fight with Tulius and the ring of fire was one of the best action scenes in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom