• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - a prequel to Blood & Sand - Fridays on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

The finale was great, better then season 1 finale. Solonius learned from the best, it also highlights how shit everything becomes if you had the unfortunate opportunity to know, deal, work with Batiatus and Lucretia.

It's me or there is room for a Gods of Arena Season 2 telling how Crixus become champion of Capua?.

Fantastic prequel and season finale.

bunbun777

Great way for it to finish up. Very satisfying and exciting as well, I loved seeing Ashur get his ass thrown out of the ring.

Magnus

Watching the finale now.

Love Solonius' comment to Vettius:

"We were not found knife in hand next to body"

Such hilarious reference to Solonius' end in Blood & Sand :lol

edit-

All done, all awesome. Wonderful way to set everything in place for both the immediate coming events in Blood & Sand, and set up some threads for S2.
Particularly Gannicus and the various bits of knowledge that still haven't come to light, like Lucrecia's part in various murders

Loved how this finale closed, but it should serve as reminder to everyone to make sure your friends who ask definitely see Blood & Sand first, and then this.

I don't think anything's going to top the cathartic pleasure of the Blood & Sand finale, but this came close. That was still one of the finest closers on television I've seen in a long time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ducarmel said:
The finale was great, better then season 1 finale. Solonius learned from the best, it also highlights how shit everything becomes if you had the unfortunate opportunity to know, deal, work with Batiatus and Lucretia.

I don't know if I'd call it better than the first season finale... it was great, but season 1's was building up over double the amount of episodes, and was more satisfying because of it. Not only that, if I had to nitpick, Solonius's "turn" happened too abruptly. One minute him and Titus are are hugging like brothers, the next they're glaring nastily at each other during the games. It was believable, but a bit abrupt.

Crap! Just settled in to watch this on Netflix only to find that Episode 5 is still at the top of the queue. Hope they add the finale soon. Can't wait to see it.

bathala

Banned
wow, that was a great ending. I've always thought he would die.
LOL Ashur.

damn until next year for season 2 :(

Jayayess1190 said:
Netflix is trolling us. Not cool. :mad:
yeah. didn't wait for them

REV 09

Netflix!!!! Come on. For some reason I have starz temporarily free for a month or so. I skipped the finale though. It isn't airing again till midnight. Gah...I usually just watch it on Netflix.

Fantastic finale and the end brought back so many memories. I think a Season 1 re-watch is in order.

As for Season 2, I can't wait for some of the characters to return but I'm really worried the show is going to suffer without Batiatus and then there's the worry that Andy's replacement might not be as good as Andy and finally....no Naevia. :(

You know what's great about the show? There are no good guys and bad guys. Just winners and losers. In this way, Ashur is no worse than any other character; he just gets his way with his wits rather than his sword. For some reason, when all the dust has cleared, I expect him to be the lone survivor.

vas_a_morir said:
You know what's great about the show? There are no good guys and bad guys. Just winners and losers. In this way, Ashur is no worse than any other character; he just gets his way with his wits rather than his sword. For some reason, when all the dust has cleared, I expect him to be the lone survivor.

Uh I'm pretty sure Spartacus is a clear-cut protagonist. The fact that they made him out to be so virtuous in the series and plus he leads the slaves to rebel towards freedom...yeah

The land of igloos and bagged milk gets it tomorrow :/

can't wait for another bloody finale. Have to say though once the second (3rd?) season starts it's gonna take a while to get used to the new Spartacus.

Discotheque said:
Uh I'm pretty sure Spartacus is a clear-cut protagonist. The fact that they made him out to be so virtuous in the series and plus he leads the slaves to rebel towards freedom...yeah

He often does what is right, ultimately. This is true. However, he still would kill anyone in his way.

Zzoram

I kinda just hope the
Gannicus love triangle thing ends here. There is no reason to ever bring it up. All it would do is hurt his best friend, and she's dead anyways.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
One word to describe that finale: Epic.

FUCKING. EPIC.

God damn that was fun! The music, the fight choreography, the back stabbing, the lies, the sweaty titties, etc

Just fucking outstanding. And how brutal was that kill by Gannicus? Holy mother of FUCK that was sinister! Gannicus went straight Mortal Kombat on his ass! The entire Primus was insanely entertaining. I haven't had that much fun watching a show in quite some time.

I am still pumped as hell right now lol. I'm definitely re-watching the first season tomorrow.

I. Love. This. Fucking. Show.

Man

Just excellent. And that one kill was the most gruesome I can remember on television.

And plotlines actually didn't go like I expected them to.

Grimm Fandango said:
According to a poster on the Starz forums regarding Netflix:

http://community.starz.com/t5/Spart...-6-on-Netflix/m-p/99680/highlight/true#M11092

Jupiter just rammed his cock into our collective asses.
af4c3eb5560f.gif

Monocle

Damn you, Netflix. I guess I should be glad I won't have to wait another week to see this, but wow, what a great time for encoding issues.

Must . . . avoid . . . reading . . . thread . . . .

X-Frame

Wow, I never thought I'd say this but Spartacus is quickly becoming my favorite active TV show right now ..

Waiting a year is going to be terrible. I am going to have to watch B&S and then this again every couple months, either that or try and completely forget about it until next year.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
To think I thought so little of this show when season 1 first episodes aired. This is best television I have watch ever. Better than any movie I have seen, better than any series. I am at awe at the quality of this season. Gannicus actor was brilliant and finally made the main gladiator as fun to watch as the scheming owners of the lutus.

bathala

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I thought she would have been in season 2. When Navia got sent away i though somehow she might have ended up with her :(
I guess the writers did it to show why Navia had a strong will not to betray her masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom