• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - a prequel to Blood & Sand - Fridays on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tZJKB.gif

Made this just for kicks, it's up for grabs.
Ashur is probably my favorite character.

PSGames

Gannicus vs Crixus should be fun in Season 2. I was fucking pissed about Netflix not having the episode but it's easy enough to find online. Excellent episode as usual. Now I think I'll go back and watch Season 1 again. Love this show.

Burger

Great final, can't wait for season 2.

All I need to know about Camelot is.. Does Eva Green get her baps out?

Hobs

Neo Member
Burger said:
Great final, can't wait for season 2.

All I need to know about Camelot is.. Does Eva Green get her baps out?

Yeah she does, only for a split second though

The expressions on their face at the end are awesome.

set3a.gif
set2a.gif

Noshino

I found some that recorded the damn episode...fuck you Netflix.

I liked the battle (up there with the one from Gladiator) and the finale. When they said that Andy would make an apperance, I was hoping for more...
not just background voice, specially of a scene that we have already seen

Im kinda disappointing about the end though, I think the space left between Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena feels to small to further develop (and have Batiatus once again), but hopefully it does get revisit after Season 2.

Also, I ll be keeping an eye on Camelot, looks awesome and the score sounds epic as fuck.

Andrex said:
I don't know if I'd call it better than the first season finale... it was great, but season 1's was building up over double the amount of episodes, and was more satisfying because of it. Not only that, if I had to nitpick, Solonius's "turn" happened too abruptly. One minute him and Titus are are hugging like brothers, the next they're glaring nastily at each other during the games. It was believable, but a bit abrupt.

Well, the suddenness of his deal had more to do with the fact that he was taking advantage of the situation. Make the scene even more believable, at least to me.

Speedymanic said:
Fantastic finale and the end brought back so many memories. I think a Season 1 re-watch is in order.

As for Season 2, I can't wait for some of the characters to return but I'm really worried the show is going to suffer without Batiatus and then there's the worry that Andy's replacement might not be as good as Andy and finally....no Naevia. :(

Once again, there was no room for Batiatus, I mean it in regards to character development. His main goal was to seek a political career, but you can't do that as a lanista. Sorry, but having him alive throughout the second season more than likely would have ended up ruining the character.

Magnus said:
Does Netflix habitually get a show less than a night after it airs? That would surprise me.

Spartacus is usually up on Netflix the next day by 7am EST or so.

X-Frame

Okay so I really want a badass Spartacus avatar now to replace the one I have ..

Is there any site with gifs that I could browse or something?

Noshino said:
Once again, there was no room for Batiatus, I mean it in regards to character development. His main goal was to seek a political career, but you can't do that as a lanista. Sorry, but having him alive throughout the second season more than likely would have ended up ruining the character.

Yeah, I know that deep down and I'm glad we were treated to such an amazing mini series to flesh out his character some more, but it's hard to let go of what is easily one of the best characters in any TV show/movie of the past decade.

I really hope it leads to John Hannah getting more work, he absolutely deserves it after such a career defining performance.

And yes, Camelot really is great. Starz have been killing it recently and next year looks to be better with Boss, Magic City and Spartacus: Season 2.

:D

RevDM

Banned
Speedymanic said:
Yeah, I know that deep down and I'm glad we were treated to such an amazing mini series to flesh out his character some more, but it's hard to let go of what is easily one of the best characters in any TV show/movie of the past decade.

I really hope it leads to John Hannah getting more work, he absolutely deserves it after such a career defining performance.

And yes, Camelot really is great. Starz have been killing it recently and next year looks to be better with Boss, Magic City and Spartacus: Season 2.

:D

"[...]spread cheeks and accept deeper ramming." - Quintus

Best line in the history of TV

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Veidt said:
Camelot is great. Eva Green kills it.

I never liked Joseph Fiennes... but I find his Merlin quite entertaining. It's a little bit hammy but fun nonetheless. Eva Green was ok. Random blonde was amazingly hot. But King Arthur looks like (is) a massive pussy which is kind of turning me off to the whole show. Just don't like the actor. But Merlin is great.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just one quick question, does this Camelot has any supernatural/magic elements to it or is it just ordinary medieval setting?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
recklessmind said:
I never liked Joseph Fiennes... but I find his Merlin quite entertaining. It's a little bit hammy but fun nonetheless. Eva Green was ok. Random blonde was amazingly hot. But King Arthur looks like (is) a massive pussy which is kind of turning me off to the whole show. Just don't like the actor. But Merlin is great.
Exactly how I feel about Arthur too. He better bulk up/grow up.

DieH@rd said:
Just one quick question, does this Camelot has any supernatural/magic elements to it or is it just ordinary medieval setting?
Yes it does. And the great thing is, none of it is over the top.

hiryu

I thought the finale was great. The whole prequel was awesome and I expect season 2 to be great too.

What are the odds of Gannicus showing up in season 2 fighting along with Spartacus?

DieH@rd

Banned
hiryu said:
I thought the finale was great. The whole prequel was awesome and I expect season 2 to be great too.

What are the odds of Gannicus showing up in season 2 fighting along with Spartacus?

Little lesion from history:

--- HISTORICAL SPOILERS ----
Leaders of the slave army in Third Servile War were Spartacus, Crixus, Oenomaus, Gannicus, and Castus.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Servile_War

And btw, Crixus' IRL death & funeral was so awesome and brutal. Hopefully STARZ will deliver a budget and make it spectacular. If the show lasts for few season it would be great for them to cast some badass for the role of general Crassus. He was one of the richest man in the entire earths history and his involvement in TSWar brought Julius Cesar to power in Rome.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The last part of the finale was intense! loved this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/34hjnvb.gif[./IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/303dzjt.gif[./IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/154af87.gif[./IMG][/spoiler]

Tokubetsu

I gif'd the amazing jaw destruction but I'm pretty sure I'd be banned if I posted it here :lol
Fictional violence makes my pants tighter =X

Ducarmel

^ I dont think you will get banned, there have been worse posted, I think I even posted some kills in the blood and sands thread when I was into making gifs.

who is going to make the Camelot OT?

I hope Eva Green playing Morgan gives us the Batiatus fix
was hoping it would be King Lott but looks like he is playing the douche bag role and from imdb listing it does not look like he will be alive long which is too bad because James Purefoy is awesome.

NaM said:
The last part of the finale was intense! loved this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/34hjnvb.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/303dzjt.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/154af87.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude, spoilers.

Not everyone has seen it yet.

DieH@rd said:
:O Holy crap!
I never knew so many of the characters were real people and that there is as much known history as there is about them.
This show just got way more awesome.

PSGames

That Camelot premiere was really good. Starz have really stepped up their game when it comes to original programming.

Dennis

Banned
PSGames said:
That Camelot premiere was really good. Starz have really stepped up their game when it comes to original programming.
There is Spartacus and now maybe Camelot, what else?

Dennis

Banned
RyanDG said:
Pillars of the Earth was really good, IMO. And its also on Netflix.
I actually saw that and was quite disappointed.

But I am betting Starz will give us more tits and blood in the future after the surprise success of Spartacus.

People can talk about story all they want, I have a feeling that Starz will take some other lessons from Spartacus as well. Not that I am complainíng.

RyanDG

DieH@rd said:
Little lesion from history:

Leaders of the slave army in Third Servile War were Spartacus, Crixus, Oenomaus, Gannicus, and Castus.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Servile_War

And btw, Crixus' IRL death & funeral was so awesome and brutal. Hopefully STARZ will deliver a budget and make it spectacular. If the show lasts for few season it would be great for them to cast some badass for the role of general Crassus. He was one of the richest man in the entire earths history and his involvement in TSWar brought Julius Cesar to power in Rome.

Lawrence Olivier's role as Crassus in the 1960 Spartacus movie was fucking amazing. I would love to see them get someone who can try to capture a bit of his interpretation of the role if they get to that point.

DennisK4 said:
There is Spartacus and now maybe Camelot, what else?

2012 is when they'll really flourish.

Boss - Starring Kelsey Grammar, directed by Gus Van Sant. About a Chicago mayor who finds out he as mental degenerative disease.

Magic City - Starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the lead role. 60's era mob/political/business drama.

Spartacus: Vengeance. :D :D

And this year, we still have Camelot and Torchwood: Miracle Day to come.

Dennis

Banned
I don't know if Cornballer wants to make a thread for Camelot.

Eva Green is definitely the highlight of the first episode. Heads and shoulders above everybody else.

Though there is a very hot random girl in the beginning.

Wow that was awesome. Definitely the second best episode in the series after "Kill Them All" but it is not far behind it IMO.

Things to note:

-RING OF FIRE!!!

-Gannicus yet lives! I'm sure he'll be in season 3 and I'll be glad to see him

-Batiatus: We will leave our mark upon this city. One day, we will see proper reward for all we have done.
*cue scene from season 1 finale of Batiatus and Lucretia lying in blood*
God damn, that was a great transition.

Awesome Finale to Gods Of The Arena.

Ganacus in Season 2 will be awesome. The ending gave me goodbumps with Andy giving his speech, shame he wont continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom