• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming |OT| MCU's Sweet 16 - SPOILERS

wondermega

Finally just saw this, was never super-eager to but I've been curious for a while. As usual I probably gotta let it marinate for a little while - it had some good action, Vulture was actually kind of cool (could have been done much, much worse) and I think it's fair enough to say I liked it much better than Amazing 2 (never saw Amazing 1).

But overall I think I just enjoyed the first Raimi film much more. Maybe it was fresher - maybe it felt a little more "old school" and a little less Corporate-glossed over, wasn't burdened with "how can we properly tuck this all within the rest of the MCU," and also most likely because there hasn't just been a whole crapton of Spidey films yet which have naturally kinda diluted after all these years. It wasn't bad, but I'm definitely not in a big hurry for them to make a sequel yet, or squeeze him into other MCU films (which of course they always do for many reason$).

On the positive, there was way less of RDJ/Iron Man on it than I had expected. Not that I dislike the character, but I was kind of expecting it to be a little too hammy.

Finally get Spider-Man in the MCU but we can't have Venom or Carnage. Sigh.

And Marvel's war on Mary Jane continues. I get Marvel doesn't want Spider-Man to be with Mary Jane but I think this was the worst way to go about it.

Making Michelle half a new character and half an existing character -- and not just any character but such a central character -- just seems like it's bound to piss everyone off.

I just wish they would have had fully committed one way or another. Either have Zendaya be Mary Jane or be an original character but to nix Mary Jane entirely while reminding us of her existence like this is just...messed up.

I'd assume Gwen will be in the sequel? Kind of hope we get a black cat with this Spidey, too.

Rant over.

I had high hopes for this movie, when they started talking about the agreement between Marvel and Sony. It's not a bad movie, far from that, but in the end it seems to be more of the same.
Not sure if i'm finally starting to get the superhero fatigue, but I really enjoyed GotG2 and WW, so that's probably not it.

kunonabi

Finally get Spider-Man in the MCU but we can't have Venom or Carnage. Sigh.

And Marvel's war on Mary Jane continues. I get Marvel doesn't want Spider-Man to be with Mary Jane but I think this was the worst way to go about it.

Making Michelle half a new character and half an existing character -- and not just any character but such a central character -- just seems like it's bound to piss everyone off.

I just wish they would have had fully committed one way or another. Either have Zendaya be Mary Jane or be an original character but to nix Mary Jane entirely while reminding us of her existence like this is just...messed up.

I'd assume Gwen will be in the sequel? Kind of hope we get a black cat with this Spidey, too.

Rant over.

Just dont pay any attention to the names. I mean its not like Ned isn't Ganke just because they called him something else. Michelle is this version's MJ regardless of what she's called. It sucks but at this point its obvious MJ is never going to be done right outside of the original comics.

Top Bottom