• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripOpt55

Is there a list of all the reveals from each of the past few years? I just want to take a look at what kind of stuff they had before. Can't remember it all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is there a list of all the reveals from each of the past few years? I just want to take a look at what kind of stuff they had before. Can't remember it all.

Off the top of my head:
Uncharted 2 and 3
The Last of Us
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
Arkham City

Those are the biggest ones I can remember.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bioshock Infinite should probably be added to the OP. Keighley retweeted a post from Ken Levine about a plane ticket for something big related to BI. He only does that for GTTV reveals and VGA reveals.

Tagg9

Bioshock Infinite should probably be added to the OP. Keighley retweeted a post from Ken Levine about a plane ticket for something big related to BI. He only does that for GTTV reveals and VGA reveals.

Already added along with Tomb Raider, H4: Spartan, etc.

I'd love to see a reel of handheld reveals, with something for each iOS, Vita and 3DS....

Considering millions of gamers play on these platforms, in some capacity, and there are categories dedicated to them - throwing something out there for this audience would be appreciated.

Anyhow, hopefully there isn't any tea bagging in front of Miyamoto like last year - I felt bad for him.

Was that Silver Age Arkham game ever confirmed or denied? I could imagine that showing up in some form.

That's my lead prediction for the show. Like City, we won't get anything besides a vague tease - but it'll get people talking nonetheless.

Other predictions -
- Destiny. Bungie's been moving forward with the inevitable pre-release ARG, and after the big "leak" - now seems like the time to pull the sheet off this one. That being said, this may be an announcement so big that they would already be teasing it were it true.
- Nintendo shows SOMETHING. Probably not a big announcement - unlikely it's Retro's new game. But I think they'll make an announcement, just to make Wii U a part of the conversation. Pikmin 3 is the likely canidate, or maybe the big "old-school" gaming announcement that was foretold.
- Microsoft or Sony have a very vague tease for next-gen, possibly pointing at a name.

Mario007

Like Uncharted 4 being a Vita game developed by U2 team.
Ha well we know that won't happen but an Uncharted: Something Something Drake from Bend to be released at the end of next year I could definitely see.

Or even a full on proper Killzone Mercenary trailer.

ekim

Trailer of watch_dogs or Red Dead Redemption 2 followed by an altered Xbox logo with an 8 behind it slightly appearing.

Is Telltale working on anything other than The Walking Dead these days? I'd love to see an early surprise announcement for season 2. Even if it's just a teaser, but hopefully giving a small impression on what their target visuals are.

God, I'm so tired of seeing Tomb Raider. I just want it to come out already. I want some NEW games shown off. Some Halo and Ac dlc is nice but really dose not scream world premier to me.

I'm also tired of hearing about Bioshock. I think it's because both Infinite and TR were announced awhile ago and just getting some fatigue about hearing about them.

Dabanton

So this is streaming on Xbox live? Saves me being annoyed with a shit ass stream on the websites. Will leave my laptop free for forum reactions. Lol.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i find it kind of odd xbox live will be streaming the VGAs due to the amount of talk about other platforms- usually sony/ms/nintendo shy away from that kind of stuff.

this gives me the inkling that the next gen tease must be next xbox.

i find it kind of odd xbox live will be streaming the VGAs due to the amount of talk about other platforms- usually sony/ms/nintendo shy away from that kind of stuff.

Interesting theory, could be right.

Meelow

Banned
I'm wondering if I can watch this on the Wii U browser, what do you think GAF?

That way I can watch it on the TV closer to me and see the GAF reactions.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Haven't they been streaming it for the past couple years?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Haven't they been streaming it for the past couple years?

I believe this is the first time.

Before it was on tv and eventually they added a web stream.

Hell, it took forever for MS to stream their conferences over XBL. We usually only got truncated tape delayed junk.

S1kkZ

Keep expectations lower then usual. Nothing mindblowing is going to come out of this.

pretty much. the whole lineup seems very weak. the only thing that could wow us is the nextgen thing (which will probably be a cg only trailer).the rest is meh.

Izick

Good point, good point.

Yeah, I'm not expecting all that much. Keighley hasn't been hyping this one anywhere near half as much as the past few.
Well per Geoffs following statement, it looks like they were not able to promote as much this year because of the type of announcements that they have.

Good Q, there are a bunch of factors at play here. There are some surprises we aren't teasing at all this year for a variety of reasons. Next week we will drop some new footage on a few of the world premieres to give you a taste of what's to come on Friday night.

TheOddOne

I will be happy to eat crow if something special happens, but I'll just be a little more cautious and not set myself up for disappointment.

I will be happy to eat crow if something special happens, but I'll just be a little more cautious and not set my self up for disappointment.

Only thing I care about seeing is Castlevania. Nearly every time someone pimps an announcement that will make "old school" gamers happy I'm always disappointed so I'm not even setting myself up for that.

Mr. RHC

I'm especially looking forward to the LoS 2 gameplay footage and my hopium is ready for MGS: Ground Zeroes and the surprises!

Stark

Banned
I'd bet on both based on the way they've (finally) been releasing media almost simultaneously in the east and west.

XIII-2 even sponsored some programming on Spike (as bizarre as that was), so there's already a relationship.

Really? never knew that. Then it is possible, hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom