• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Crayolan

fWAeonZ.jpg

itshappening.gif

Squidsauce

That's awesome.

fWAeonZ.jpg

itshappening.gif

Squidsauce

From Masahiro Anbe himself:

今日発売のチャンピオンの予告にも乗りましたが、スプラトゥーンとイカ娘でコラボさせて頂く事になりました。来週5月28日発売の週刊少年チャンピオンとファミ通でコラボイラストを描かせて頂いたのと、コラボの詳細もそこで掲載されると思うので、合わせてよろしくお願いします!

Although I rode also notice of the launch of the champion today, now that I am allowed to collaboration in Splatoon and squid daughter. And to that let me draw a collaboration illustrations Weekly Shonen Champion and Famitsu released next week May 28, so I think the collaboration of detail is also where it is published, and together thank you!

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/601256578264616960

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From Masahiro Anbe himself:

今日発売のチャンピオンの予告にも乗りましたが、スプラトゥーンとイカ娘でコラボさせて頂く事になりました。来週5月28日発売の週刊少年チャンピオンとファミ通でコラボイラストを描かせて頂いたのと、コラボの詳細もそこで掲載されると思うので、合わせてよろしくお願いします!

Although I rode also notice of the launch of the champion today, now that I am allowed to collaboration in Splatoon and squid daughter. And to that let me draw a collaboration illustrations Weekly Shonen Champion and Famitsu released next week May 28, so I think the collaboration of detail is also where it is published, and together thank you!

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/601256578264616960

Google translate? Google translate.

AdanVC

I did a quick lil Splatoon sketch to join the hype:

img_3045cbpklbd.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pic. The puppy photobombing there has nothing to do with the squid-girl hahah.

Jintor

今日発売のチャンピオンの予告にも乗りましたが、スプラトゥーンとイカ娘でコラボさせて頂く事になりました。来週5月28日発売の週刊少年チャンピオンとファミ 通でコラボイラストを描かせて頂いたのと、コラボの詳細もそこで掲載されると思うので、合わせてよろしくお願いします!

It's already been mentioned in the early notices from the Shonen Champion on sale today, but I've been granted the privilege of doing a Splatoon x Squid Girl collaboration. They've accepted my illustration In next week's [May 28th] Weekly Shonen Champion and Famitsu and I think the collaboration details have also been published, so, all-up, thank you so much!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's already been mentioned in the early notices from the Shonen Champion on sale today, but I've been granted the privilege of doing a Splatoon x Squid Girl collaboration. They've accepted my illustration In next week's [May 28th] Weekly Shonen Champion and Famitsu and I think the collaboration details have also been published, so, all-up, thank you so much!

Thanks Jin!

KooopaKid

Banned
A bunch of amazing art in this thread. I don't remember the last time a new IP had such a following. I could have happened with Sunset Overdrive for instance but no. It just shows how good and universal Nintendo's character designs are in general.

Was about to post that second one. Love the colors and how stylish the inklings are.

Hideki Naganuma has been tweeting a lot about his interest in joining Splatoon. Maybe he will get his chance like Ika Musume dude?

Javier

Oh man all this stuff is amazing.

I can't even imagine how much fanart Splatoon will get once the game is actually out.

Azure J

I sincerely hope a later update allows you to customize your squid "hair" style. The execution in some of these bits of fan art shows you can mess with them to a certain degree and emulate styles. Inkling boy needs this buff badly, I need dreads mang.

Top Bottom