• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER Bioshock Infinite SPOILER discussion

It's either a religious 'dream' or an analogy used to feed the growing 'legend' of his abilities as a prophet of God after meeting the female Lutece and seeing the possibility of Columbia through her tear machine.

I don't know if it's ever actually clearly stated..
It is, kind of:

"Our contraption shows us the girl is the flame that shall ignite the world. My brother says we must undo what we have done. But time is more an ocean than a river. Why try to bring in a tide that will only again go out?"

So we know that it was seen in a tear, some time. Whether or not this means it originates from the machine is unknown but I would say it is far more likely for this to be the case than anything else.

EDIT: Above, I wouldn't say your friend is an idiot but I agree that you are correct. Otherwise the new Booker would remember dying a few seconds beforehand and their would be some degree of cognitive dissonance.

EDIT: And beaten by the below.

Just had an argument with someone I hate to call a friend because he may read this.

Every time you die, as far as im concerned the Lutece's essentially hop to another dimension were Booker didn't die in order to observe that Booker. This is reflected in the game, every time you die you essentially move into a Booker who did something differently and carry on. I suppose the exception to this is the animation where Elizebeth specifically revives you with her health syringe.

My friend thinks that the Booker you play as is creating the one true timeline and essentially if he dies another Booker is dragged into his dimension and absorbs his memories.

My friends an idiot right?
If that was true he would bleed his nose everytime.

I can see Rapture appearing in the DLC is if it centers around Fink and his creations (Vigors, Handymen, Songbird, etc).

It's outright stated in the game that Fink looked through a tear to get ideas for certain things. I think the wording is something to the effect of Fink looking through a tear at a "highly talented biologist," referring to Tenenbaum and Plasmids leading to Vigors.

There's also another audio log where Fink discusses watching a process where man and machine are combined in an irreversible way (Suchong creating a Big Daddy), and ponders what use Comstock might have for it.

Also interesting is Albert Fink, who runs Magical Melodies and is a famous musician in Columbia, which explains the out of place songs we sometimes hear.

SiskoKid

Also interesting is Albert Fink, who runs Magical Melodies and is a famous musician in Columbia, which explains the out of place songs we sometimes hear.

There's a voxophone and a tear that explains the more modern songs are definitely heard from the future. The tear you find next to that voxophone has the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper.

I fucking love this game :D

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just had an argument with someone I hate to call a friend because he may read this.

Every time you die, as far as im concerned the Lutece's essentially hop to another dimension were Booker didn't die in order to observe that Booker. This is reflected in the game, every time you die you essentially move into a Booker who did something differently and carry on. I suppose the exception to this is the animation where Elizebeth specifically revives you with her health syringe.

My friend thinks that the Booker you play as is creating the one true timeline and essentially if he dies another Booker is dragged into his dimension and absorbs his memories.

Well, depending on how you view the in-game death/office scenes (disregarding the continuous cutscene induced ones), you both could be right.

When one Booker dies, the Luteces do move to another Booker, but each Booker that they are choosing to observe is undergoing the same (or extremely similar) events as the game narrates (as opposed to doing something like the Vox Martyr Booker universe), right up until the point that the past Booker dies. If Booker was merging each time, every death would have a nosebleed from massive memory synchronization overload.

There is never only one timeline. What Liz does at the end is kill off all bookers who ever had the chance to make the yes/no choice of baptism. What comes after that (i.e. paradox/still looping/other theories as well as the post-credits scene) is up for interpretation

"Our contraption shows us the girl is the flame that shall ignite the world. My brother says we must undo what we have done. But time is more an ocean than a river. Why try to bring in a tide that will only again go out?"

So we know that it was seen in a tear, some time. Whether or not this means it originates from the machine is unknown but I would say it is far more likely for this to be the case than anything else.

True, I had forgotten the particulars of that voxophone. Would have liked a bit more detail regarding if Comstock foresaw the whole 'Noah's ark' scheme with Liz immediately, or if his overall plan came in bits and pieces according to the 'probability' he saw that he mistakenly thought was prophecy/the one true timeline, in essence solidifying that probability into reality.

Mentioning why didn't the Lucetes kill Booker themselves made me think of why did they have to kill the lighthouse keeper? I mean, it's no secret that before, or during, the events of Infinite that Booker is a badass and he's already armed going into the lighthouse...

I don't know why I am still getting so hung-up about that scene but I suppose that I'm disappointed about it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You've actually understood the difficult part of this. In order for Elizabeth to exist, a single Booker has to be able to accept the baptism. If a single Booker accepts the baptism, no Booker accepts the baptism, because every Booker was murdered before the choice. The probability of accepting the baptism leading to a paradox is 100%. A paradox cannot happen, ever, and thus the probability of any Booker accepting the baptism is removed. Therefore, Booker rejecting the baptism becomes a constant, because if every Booker rejects the baptism, the paradox doesn't occur.

Think of it this way: If, before the game's events, Booker always rejects the baptism, what happens? Nothing, no paradox is created so every Booker lives out their lives. The ending turns this into a certainty, it erases the probability of Booker ever accepting the baptism because that leads to the paradox where every Booker died before making it.

I think I am just overthinking this, but the main thing I am sticking to is the way pre-comstock was killed. If comstock never happens, elizabeth never loses her finger and thus never gets access to tears, which is essential to helping booker kill off comstock at the core.

Why would the paradox suddenly make the option impossible? Elizabeth wouldn't be able to stop comstock from happening, though that would loop around and then make her possible...is that it? It basically cancels itself out?

SiskoKid

Mentioning why didn't the Lucetes kill Booker themselves made me think of why did they have to kill the lighthouse keeper? I mean, it's no secret that before, or during, the events of Infinite that Booker is a badass and he's already armed going into the lighthouse...

As you know from real life events, just because someone is a bad ass with a gun, that doesn't mean they won't get the jump on them. Also, if you play the game, it's clear Booker dies multiple times for multiple reasons.

The Lucetes don't have the ability to see every possibility in the possibility space. If they did, they would've thought to kill Comstock/Booker at the baptism themselves.

Elizabeth states in the ending sequence that she can see all the doors and in only ONE of the doors, does she see the possibility to kill Comstock.

All the Lucetes can do is what they do best, keep testing until they find the desired result.

I'm sure since their second attempt at bringing Booker to Columbia, they've killed the light house keeper every time.

Andrew.

Banned

I don't know why I am still getting so hung-up about that scene but I suppose that I'm disappointed about it.

Like, why couldnt Booker just take out the Lighthouse keeper since he was already armed?

Maybe during one or more instances, the keeper got the best of him so the Lettuces didnt want to risk the chance again.

Metroidvania

Ready or not, there's little chance he could have suspected that the Lighthouse keeper would have killed him without some sort of forewarning. Also, killing the keeper and arranging it to look quite gruesome was one way the Lutece's could 'frighten' Booker into sticking with the plan of getting the girl to pay off his 'powerful/dangerous debtholders' without revealing the actual events of what had happened, which could potentially destabilize Booker's memories and cause him to flounder.

Alternatively, as long as it happened once, they could have thought 'why take the risk', and just offed him to be sure. They're shown several times to be evolving the timeline and modifying it slightly to give Booker the best shot (telling him to avoid #77, giving him the shield vigor, etc.)

Teggy

Still get caught and they just don't show up later on to give you whatever they give you if you decide to throw it at the announcer.

You get different rewards as well - a representative from Jeremiah Fink shows up and says that he likes your aggressiveness.

Korey

I think both of you are overthinking it.

DatDude

Banned
I'm making a new thread. You guys start sending me all the most pertinent info basically everything from the one who knocks, Bioshock 1 references just all the cool stuff we have been throwing around.

PLEASE DO!!!!

We need an informative thread of all the FAQ

as well all the charts and flow chart diagrams.

One big cohesive thread would be just awesome.

Also maybe a little section about theories/themes/etc

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I posted yesterday about how to cheese the Lady Comstock fight on 1999 Mode.

Played some more of the game today and cheesing the second encounter is even easier. Just stay at the vault entrance, duck n' cover, and overall it's the same idea. I used this Gear that raised my damage output when aiming down the sights by 25%, so use that if you can. Didn't even have to leave the vault once. Beat it on my first try.

8611666280_bb7ff5aaac_b.jpg

For the third encounter I finally fought her fairly, but I also beat that first try. Freaked out because I didn't know about the third encounter. I got lucky though because I had a Hail Storm and basically took off half her health right off the bat with it. Basically I would use Horse magic on the henchmen, then shoot her, then when out of Hail ammo I went to the sniper rifle tear and used the stairwell walls as cover. Use horse magic on the baddies then pop out and snipe her a few times. Did this maybe 7 or 8 times and she died.

Salamando

True, I had forgotten the particulars of that voxophone. Would have liked a bit more detail regarding if Comstock foresaw the whole 'Noah's ark' scheme with Liz immediately, or if his overall plan came in bits and pieces according to the 'probability' he saw that he mistakenly thought was prophecy/the one true timeline, in essence solidifying that probability into reality.

All the voxophones are timestamped. He was rambling about Columbia being an Ark for a new time...raise above the Sodom below...and bring the wicked to rightousness since Sept. 1893. Same month he talked about how Columbia would only stand if his line was on the throne and whatnot. He had this ark idea before he kidnapped any babies.

He was definitely investigating other timelines/branches. In one of the final voxophones, he was pondering what happens to the soul of the sinner during baptism...does it go on living in another world and such. He also had a giant timeline map set up in his office (which I took a screenshot of). By the end, I don't think he believed in one true timeline.

DangerStepp

I posted yesterday about how to cheese the Lady Comstock fight on 1999 Mode.

Played some more of the game today and cheesing the second encounter is even easier. Just stay at the vault entrance, duck n' cover, and overall it's the same idea. I used this Gear that raised my damage output when aiming down the sights by 25%, so use that if you can. Didn't even have to leave the vault once. Beat it on my first try.

8611666280_bb7ff5aaac_b.jpg

For the third encounter I finally fought her fairly, but I also beat that first try. Freaked out because I didn't know about the third encounter. I got lucky though because I had a Hail Storm and basically took off half her health right off the bat with it. Basically I would use Horse magic on the henchmen, then shoot her, then when out of Hail ammo I went to the sniper rifle tear and used the stairwell walls as cover. Use horse magic on the baddies then pop out and snipe her a few times. Did this maybe 7 or 8 times and she died.
Haha, that was my exact same strategy on the second encounter in Hard mode.

What's more is that I had enemy damage turned off (for a more immersive experience) and had a hell of a time guessing if whether I was even doing damage to her.

Guevara

Killing Comstock was sort of like killing Andrew Ryan. After waves of enemies, they offer no resistance at all. Plus you beat both of them brutally in the head rather than using real weapons.

Guri

Actually, both of you are right. In one lighthouse/universe, your theory is the one and your friend is an idiot. However, if you go to another, he's right.

guit3457

Look what I found. It was in the Lutece Laboratory when you go to open the first tear that explains why Comstock is steril. In one of the desks I found this:

Thanks to this post and my second walkthorugh I'm understanding ALMOST everything XD

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Has anyone figured out the relevance of the Bird and Cage necklace?

Sorry, this thread is huge and I am scared to go down its rabbity hole this late at night :(

The One Who Knocks and Others

Can you either copy and paste your previous answers or link me to them for the following questions for the OP?

- What just happened?(Synopsis of the ending)

- Who are the Luteces?

- Where did Elizabeth get her powers?

- Why does killing Booker at baptism stop all versions of Comstock?

- Who/What is Songbird?

- Is Booker Andrew Ryan?

- Why didn't Booker save Old Elizabeth

- Who is Anna?

- What happens when you get knocked out and are in a black and white office?

- What is the significance of the 123 flipped coins that land on heads?

- Why is Comstock so much older than you if him and Booker are the same age?

- Booker and Comstock are the same age! How do we know that?

- What year did Booker give Anna to Comstock?

- How long has it been since Booker gave Anna to Comstock before he enters Columbia?

- What is the relevance of the Bird and the Cage choice?

- Who is dead in the Lighthouse?

- What is the connection between Rapture and Columbia and the characters of both?

- Why does Bookers nose bleed?

- Who is Bookers wife?

Send me anymore that you guys have.

dejay

Banned
^ I'd like to see a section on Easter eggs too. Spoiled perhaps.

I think it's been alluded to before, but enjoyed the cognitive dissonance that trying to put all the pieces of the story together engendered in my own mind - kinda parallels a lot of Booker's mind.

I'd like to think that was intentional on Irrational's behalf, but that just may be a hope born out of the previously mentioned dissonance. Intentional or not, the game makes me think. Wait, is my nose bleeding?...

I think I am just overthinking this, but the main thing I am sticking to is the way pre-comstock was killed. If comstock never happens, elizabeth never loses her finger and thus never gets access to tears, which is essential to helping booker kill off comstock at the core.

Why would the paradox suddenly make the option impossible? Elizabeth wouldn't be able to stop comstock from happening, though that would loop around and then make her possible...is that it? It basically cancels itself out?

The paradox makes the option impossible because a paradox leads to a destruction resolution, whereby that which leads to a paradox is destroyed in a feedback loop.

If you want it in terms of the game's events:

Before the game's events

Constant:
The Baptism

Variables:
Booker accepting = Comstock = Elizabeth's existence
Booker rejecting = Booker in debt.

After the game's events:

Constant:
The baptism

The 'Variables' turn into:
A single Booker accepting = 100% chance of a paradox where every Booker is murdered by Elizabeth before the decision. There is a zero percent probability of this because it means every Booker died before the decision and therefore the decision couldn't occur in the first place.
Every Booker rejecting = A certainty that no paradox occurs The reason for this is because Elizabeth can never exist to murder Booker before the decision occurs. Because no Booker can accept or every Booker will have died before making the decision, rejection turns into a certainty,

EDIT: At the above, I'll start typing answers to everything, somebody else may beat me to them though.

Salamando

Has anyone figured out the relevance of the Bird and Cage necklace?

Sorry, this thread is huge and I am scared to go down its rabbity hole this late at night :(

Part of me wondered if the Lutece's were forcing Booker to make a choice, and thus create a branch. One where he picked the bird, one where he picked the cage. An additional branch doubles the likelihood some Booker succeeds.

^ I'd like to see a section on Easter eggs too. Spoiled perhaps.

I think it's been alluded to before, but enjoyed the cognitive dissonance that trying to put all the pieces of the story together engendered in my own mind - kinda parallels a lot of Booker's mind.

I'd like to think that was intentional on Irrational's behalf, but that just may be a hope born out of the previously mentioned dissonance. Intentional or not, the game makes me think. Wait, is my nose bleeding?...

I will definitely have a section on Easter Eggs.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's either a religious 'dream' or an analogy used to feed the growing 'legend' of his abilities as a prophet of God after meeting the female Lutece and seeing the possibility of Columbia through her tear machine.

I don't know if it's ever actually clearly stated.

I don't remember it being mentioned either (only half way through my 2nd run). If he met Mrs Lettuce and got the idea for Colombia from her, wouldn't that cause the parallel world equivalent of an ontological paradox?

Trigger

Part of me wondered if the Lutece's were forcing Booker to make a choice, and thus create a branch. One where he picked the bird, one where he picked the cage. An additional branch doubles the likelihood some Booker succeeds.

That's a very neat possibility actually.

pixelat3d

There is some fucked up shit that happens at the end of this game, and while I had originally written it off as oopsies, the amount of work that has gone into this game, and the amount of detail that continued to surface the harder I looked at it, the more i'm convinced it was very intentional.

Elizabeth seems to be exempt from ... everything at the end of the game. None of the rules of any of the universes apply to her anymore. Your Elizabeth is not the one that drowns you at the end of the game. She's missing her choker ornament, and Booker realizes he doesn't know who the fuck she is. It's easily missable but he goes "Who, wait ... what? Who are you" before they put him down. I still haven't explained this away in a satisfactory manner. I have a theory for the overarching events, but I don't fully like it yet - that may just be my own personal bias though.

Furthermore, the Booker who is drowned at the end of the game is not the Booker you spent most of the game playing as (even if you were multiple Bookers already up until that point, there is a definite "switch"). There is a very specific point, when Elizabeth sends you back in time to the crib scene with Anna that you will lose the bandage on your hand (if you had gotten stabbed, if you hadn't you likely would've missed this) - it exists up until that point, even on the clones you're watching run across through to the lighthouses.

I'm still working through what this stuff means, and I think there is way to reconcile all of it, but it requires some leaps that I'm not sure I'm willing to take just yet. Also did anyone else feel like, at the beginning of the game, when you first land in Columbia, the blind priest just fucking drowns you because you're an outsider? Cos' i'm pretty sure he kills that Booker like right off the bat.

DangerStepp

Sorry if this was asked earlier:

What is the significance of the woman at the Arcade (Battleship Bay) mistaking Elizabeth for "Annabelle"?

It threw me for a loop the first time, but thought nothing of it. On my second play-thru it's realling screwing with me.

Zeliard

I do question Fink getting the idea of Songbird from Rapture, though. It was my impression that the Big Daddies led to the Handymen and the Plasmids led to the Vigors, as they are similar in concept.

But we have no idea if there was once a "person" inside of Songbird, and to what extent he is biological in nature. I do think Fink probably got the idea for Songbird from a tear, but I don't know if that was from Rapture.

It's true that Songbird's vehement and conditioned protection of Elizabeth mirrors the Big Daddies' protection of Little Sisters, but then you would inherently want something powerful and highly protective to guard Elizabeth. I can see them getting the idea for creature conditioning from Rapture, but Songbird seems so colossally advanced as a piece of technology to have gotten the idea on how to actually build it from Big Daddies.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Posted this in the other thread that I'd get a better answer here, so...

Also, could someone explain the ending to me? Booker gets drowned by all the alternative Eliabeth's...? Then it's over, where was the "reveal".

DigiMish

The stabbed hand is definitely important somehow... (even though when you get vigors for the first time - your hand shown is fine).

What would be the main point of having that scene? Illustrate to the players that you're playing as different Bookers?

Guevara

What is the significance of the woman at the Arcade (Battleship Bay) mistaking Elizabeth for "Annabelle"?

It threw me for a loop the first time, but thought nothing of it. On my second play-thru it's realling screwing with me.

She's just trying to get Elizabeth to admit her real name and identify herself. "Anna"belle is at most a funny easter egg.

Trigger

It's a common tactic to help someone identify themselves.

DigiMish

I thought it was for the spy woman to confirm that yes - the girl is indeed Elizabeth who they're after and not someone else.

Metroidvania

The One Who Knocks and Others

Can you either copy and paste your previous answers or link me to them for the following questions for the OP?

- What just happened?(Synopsis of the ending)

Oh boy. This one could take a bit. Long post ahead.

Using her ability to see through 'all the doors' (all realities) Liz bring Booker through a tear back to a 'focal' point that symbolizes/acts as a funnel for all possible outcomes based on the 'choice' of baptism acceptance or denial, since that is the spot which leads to Comstock's origination and Liz destroying the world.

Liz then guides Booker to realize that he is Comstock (in an alternate dimension), and says that in order to kill Comstock, she must kill the Booker who exists before the choice is made, for as long as a choice is present, some universe will end with Booker picking baptism and eventually becoming Comstock.

She then kills him before the choice can be made, and as Booker dies, since Liz can no longer be alive (possibly due to the grandfather paradox), she disappears as the screen fades to black.

This leads to several possible 'conclusions' that can be drawn based on the post-credits scene. Either the paradox ending, such as the One who Knocks and I believe, or the belief that the loop is still continuing somehow are the main ones that have been discussed in the thread.

- Who are the Luteces?

A pair of scientists who are alternate realities of the same person. In one universe, female Lutece (who is native to Comstock's reality) discovers quantum tearing, and during her experimentation, discovers that a male alternate reality of her is doing the same experiments. In order to gain funding necessary to evolve her machine to bring her brother to her universe, she invites Comstock to look at her device. Through the tear machine, he receives his 'vision' of Columbia, and thus triggers the events of Bioshock Infinite.

- Where did Elizabeth get her powers?

The game heavily hints that this occurs because Liz's pinky is cut off as she is taken by Comstock, remaining in one reality while her body is in an alternate universe. Alternatively, it could be the cut itself that causes the powers to manifest.

- Why does killing Booker at baptism stop all versions of Comstock?

Killing Booker before he can ever make a choice stops the Comstock as we know of him from ever happening, since he can only arise from Booker being given the choice to accept baptism or not.

- Who/What is Songbird?

An unkown big-daddy esque man/machine hybrid designed by Fink after viewing tears (probably of Rapture) to protect Elizabeth from anyone deigning to harm/take her away, mainly Booker as foreseen by Comstock.

- Is Booker Andrew Ryan?

No. Symbolically, Booker stands as a parallel for Jack while Comstock has similar ties to Andrew Ryan. The Bathysphere scene does not have any conclusive evidence. It is possible that there is a common ancestor among them somewhere, but has no real significance.

- Why didn't Booker save Old Elizabeth

Saving Old Elizabeth would have meant nothing, as New York was already being bombarded. To save Old Elizabeth, Old Elizabeth sends Booker back to before the torture happened in order to stop herself from existing. She does so because in her reality, and others that she has seen, Booker always dies to Songbird. She gives Booker a note to Liz containing the control song C-A-G-E to keep this from happening.

- Who is Anna?

Anna is Booker's daughter before she is taken by Comstock, and raised under the name of Elizabeth.

- What happens when you get knocked out and are in a black and white office?

Debatable, but it is at the very least signifying Booker's subconscious slowly placing together his fractured memories, which happened upon his entering a reality with a Booker with such disparate memories compared to his own (I.E. Comstock).

It could theoretically also signify that those 'knock-outs' due to cutscenes are in fact deaths, and when you wake up, another Booker has actually reached that point, where the previous Booker died, similar to how you can reach a similar scene in-game when Liz is not around. The latter is much more seemingly evident of death though, as it features no plot exposition, while the cutscenes do have memories present.

- What is the significance of the 123 flipped coins that land on heads?

It means that the Lutece's have observed 122 Bookers passing through to that point in Columbia, and have observed that no matter how Booker calls/flips it, the coin always falls on heads. It signifies a universal constant, something tying the universes together in that regard.

- Why is Comstock so much older than you if him and Booker are the same age?

He ages due to the repeated exposure to the tear machine, similar to how he and others have cancer/tumors. This is stated in a voxophone by female Lutece.

- Booker and Comstock are the same age! How do we know that?

They are the same age because they are the same person. Comstock experienced the same battle at Wounded Knee that Booker did.

- What year did Booker give Anna to Comstock?

1893. Says so on the calendar in the cutscene when male Lutece comes to take her.

- How long has it been since Booker gave Anna to Comstock before he enters Columbia?

19 years or so, since the events of Infinite take place in 1912.

- What is the relevance of the Bird and the Cage choice?

Nothing, it's a false dichotomy of choice similar to the way Bioshock 1's narrative plays out. Later on, there could be ties into how a minor 'cosmetic' choice helps allow the player to see that by offering this choice, whatever you pick, there is another universe where "Booker" (the player) picked the other option.

- Who is dead in the Lighthouse?

Lighthouse keeper, told by Comstock to kill Booker when he arrives. Killed by the Luteces to avoid that from happening, as evidenced by a picture of the lighthouse in their lab with a caption stating "the only obstacle".

- What is the connection between Rapture and Columbia and the characters of both?

As Liz says in the ending, there is always a man and a lighthouse. This symbolizes the similar thematic/narrative elements found in both games.

- Why does Bookers nose bleed?

Nosebleed occur as the body of an alternate reality of someone is transferred to another world, and experiences memory overload of his/her alternate personality native to that universe. The memories are disjointed and not easily thought of, and the brain, experiencing this overload whenever a new memory appears/returns to the surface of the brain to the non-native version, which leads to nosebleeds.

- Who is Bookers wife?

Booker's wife is never actually named, but it is suggested she died in childbirth of Anna. It is theorized that Lady Comstock is in fact the alternate reality's version of Booker's wife, since it would touch upon themes of consistency in the different worlds, but is never clearly stated.

Those are the quick and dirty responses, more fleshed out ones have been answered to pretty much all those questions at some point.

The paradox makes the option impossible because a paradox leads to a destruction resolution, whereby that which leads to a paradox is destroyed in a feedback loop.

If you want it in terms of the game's events:

Before the game's events

Constant:
The Baptism

Variables:
Booker accepting = Comstock = Elizabeth's existence
Booker rejecting = Booker in debt.

After the game's events:

Constant:
The baptism

The 'Variables' turn into:
A single Booker accepting = 100% chance of a paradox where every Booker is murdered by Elizabeth before the decision. There is a zero percent probability of this because it means every Booker died before the decision and therefore the decision couldn't occur in the first place.
Every Booker rejecting = A certainty that no paradox occurs The reason for this is because Elizabeth can never exist to murder Booker before the decision occurs. Because no Booker can accept or every Booker will have died before making the decision, rejection turns into a certainty,

EDIT: At the above, I'll start typing answers to everything, somebody else may beat me to them though.

Hold up. What are you referring to as Elizabeth's existence? Her actual birth or her powers? Because I thought Booker tried baptism after he sold her.

DangerStepp

She's just trying to get Elizabeth to admit her real name and identify herself. "Anna"belle is at most a funny easter egg.

I thought it was for the spy woman to confirm that yes - the girl is indeed Elizabeth who they're after and not someone else.
Okay, that went right over my head.

Makes sense since no one really knew what Elizabeth looked like, thus Comstock's forces would have to use that to confirm they were after the right people.

The fact she used "Annabelle" made me think too hard about it. Thanks!

Metroidvania

I love you Metroid. Thats excellent thanks.

I just need to get those graphs TheOneWhoKnocks made

Lol, no prob. Some of those answers could definitely be filled in much more, but those are the quick and dirty versions. I've edited a few, and I'm sure others could help fill them in more as well.

You probably want to make sure you snag explanation of the paradox argument to allow for the post-credits scene as well as the graph.

Who is the lady at the turnstiles near the beach who calls Elizabeth Annabel? What is that all about? How does she know grown up Elizabeth as Anna? Then Elizabeth is like "that was weird"

DangerStepp

Who is the lady at the turnstiles near the beach who calls Elizabeth Annabel? What is that all about? How does she know grown up Elizabeth as Anna? Then Elizabeth is like "that was weird"
Here are the answers I received on the previous page:

In short, Booker and Elizabeth are being pursued by Comstock's forces and thus the lady used this as a tactic to confirm they were after they right people.

Using "Annabelle" was just to f*ck with you.

Salamando

Here are the answers I received on the previous page:

In short, Booker and Elizabeth are being pursued by Comstock's forces and thus the lady used this as a tactic to confirm they were after they right people.

Using "Annabelle" was just to f*ck with you.

Might be a reference to the official Elizabeth cosplayer they hired, whose name happens to be Anna.

Trigger

What DangerStepp posted.

Also:The Anna thing is a coincedence. Elizabeth thought it was weird because apparently she's not genre saavy.

Top Bottom