• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Delio

To be fair, it wouldn't do much for us. We'd need one non-egg in our party regardless, and that might as well be a Flame Body Pokemon.

Unless, of course, its effect stacked with Flame Body like an O-Power, but it seems our hatch times are sufficient anyway.

Yeah hatch times look to be really good. K feeling better about ev training and breeding mons this gen.

Seil

So when does a pokemon call for help?

They can call for help at any time, I've had things call for help at full HP lol. But they're more likely to call for help when they're weakened. A difference in levels *may* also impact this, but I can't say for certain.

Using an Adrenaline Orb will increase the rate they call for help for the duration of the battle.

It seems weaker, common Pokemon tend to call for help and succeed in doing so more often than rarer ones.

Caterpie call and succeed incredibly frequently where a Munchlax may skip some turns and fail more often when it does call.

Some Pokemon do not call for help, but in my experience all Pokemon you will encounter normally in the wild can. It's Pokemon that only come out by being summoned by another Pokemon, or stuff like the Island Scan where things seem to not.

Edit: Right, if they're asleep they shouldn't call either. That's kind of core to catching things that are successfully calling frequently, as you cannot throw a ball with more than one opponent on the field.

Oh yes please! I'm gonna need a solid breakdown list to idiot proof the quickest EV training strategies.

Hopefully it's not terribly difficult to get the power items.

Power Items cost 16 BP each as per usual. Shouldn't be any harder than normal. Also you should be able to use Rental Teams with that new QR Team feature in battle facilities, so when people get some solid teams uploaded you could just abuse those.

I tested killing a single Pokemon after an ally has been called and I always got 36 EVs.

So I think EVs are simply doubled once an ally has been called into the battle.

Kitzilla

They can call for help at any time, I've had things call for help at full HP lol. But they're more likely to call for help when they're weakened. A difference in levels *may* also impact this, but I can't say for certain.

Using an Adrenaline Orb will increase the rate they call for help for the duration of the battle.

It seems weaker, common Pokemon tend to call for help and succeed in doing so more often than rarer ones.

Caterpie call and succeed incredibly frequently where a Munchlax may skip some turns and fail more often when it does call.

Some Pokemon do not call for help, but in my experience all Pokemon you will encounter normally in the wild can. It's Pokemon that only come out by being summoned by another Pokemon, or stuff like the Island Scan where things seem to not.

Edit: Right, if they're asleep they shouldn't call either. That's kind of core to catching things that are successfully calling frequently, as you cannot throw a ball with more than one opponent on the field.

OOH alrighty thanks! :))

Seil

I tested killing a single Pokemon after an ally has been called and I always got 36 EVs.

So I think EVs are simply doubled once an ally has been called into the battle.

I legitimately didn't think of doing that lmao. But it makes sense yeah. Same end results, different math to get there.

Ryan_09

Doing the calcs for a 31/0/31/31/31/31 female Popplio... those odds make me neauseated. 5/6 on both parents is a .13% chance at best. My path to victory will be relying on getting a 6/6 male, breeding with a 5/6 female to bump it to a .227% chance. :(

I'm so stubborn, I'll do it anyways. XD
I dread the day the hidden ability gets released though.

*This all is using the Gen 6 Destiny Knot calculator, assuming it works exactly the same way.

Seil

Wait, what does this exactly mean? The chain of 7, with Pokerus+power item, to max a stat is still correct, right?

Yes. Basically it just means that instead of our original math: 18 + 54 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36

It's instead: 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36

Both come out to 252.

Seil

Destiny knot still in?

Yes, though I haven't found an NPC that gives me one or as loot on the ground x.x You can buy them for 48 BP at the Battle Royal Dome, though.

Doesn't mean you can't get a free one, just that I simply haven't found one. There may be a free source and there may not, I dunno.

The fact you Americans are gonna be playing this for real this time next week and we have to wait till a week on wednesday fills me with rage.

you think thats bad I have to wait till Christmas Day, the boyfriend wanted to get me somethig special for christmas and I told him what I really wanted

me and my big mouth lol

EDIT: it is sweet of him and when I play it I will always think of him I suppose

I'm still kind of confused about the whole QR code thing.

So scanning anything from this list counts them as being seen, so you can find their location? I don't really see the point in that for things like starters since you can't get them anyway, but it's nice I guess.

Also, with event QR codes like Magearna, I remember hearing that they're region locked. Though let's say if someone receives a European Magearna QR code, does that mean they could put it up online and all EU copies can use it?

Seil

So scanning anything from this list counts them as being seen so you can find their location? I don't really see the point in that for things like starters since you can't get them anyway.

Also, with event QR codes like Magearna, I remember hearing they're region locked. Though let's say if someone receives a European Magearna QR code, does that mean they could put it up online and all EU copies can use it?

The real value in the QR thing, really, is the Island Scan feature that goes along with it. Every 2 hours you gain a scan, up to a maximum of 10 saved up at once. Scanning one of the QR codes generated by the dex will record them in the dex, yes, but you can scan basically any QR code, it'll just give you something that isn't in the dex and say "it's not found in Alola" or something.

But every time you scan a QR code, you get 10 points. At 100 points you can initiate an Island Scan which lets you capture something that you normally can't in Alola, I believe there are 28 Pokemon on that list, split between the four islands.

So scanning anything from this list counts them as being seen, so you can find their location? I don't really see the point in that for things like starters since you can't get them anyway, but it's nice I guess.

Also, with event QR codes like Magearna, I remember hearing that they're region locked. Though let's say if someone receives a European Magearna QR code, does that mean they could put it up online and all EU copies can use it?

with this can you injected any pokemon into the game or something?

Seil

no it just adds to the seen portion of the pokedex. Though if you scan 10 in day(I believe it's in a day) a random pokemon will appear on the island you are on that isn't in the Alola pokedex.

Doesn't matter how long it takes you to scan 10, just that you scan 10. But it takes 20 hours to build up enough charges to actually scan 10 times.

JoeM86

Oh yes please! I'm gonna need a solid breakdown list to idiot proof the quickest EV training strategies.

Hopefully it's not terribly difficult to get the power items.

Don't worry, this sort of stuff is what I do. While I may not be making all the discoveries this time round due to these leaks, I'll do my best to provide the best resource once more :)

DNAbro

Don't worry, this sort of stuff is what I do. While I may not be making all the discoveries this time round due to these leaks, I'll do my best to provide the best resource once more :)

Have you been just silently compiling everything and will do a blow out once it's officially out?

Seil

This isn't currently useful to most people here lol, but I feel like posting it anyway. I've been keeping track of what berries I've obtained thus far from which tree. A pile of berries respawns every day under each berry tree, and the different trees seem to have their own tables. I've no doubt my current list is incomplete. There's also an NPC in the megamart near the Battle Royal Dome who gives you a berry each day, I've unfortunately neglected to keep track of what he's given me thus far.

Berry Fields: Persim, Oran
Route 2: Chesto, Leppa, Sitrus, Persim, Oran
Route 3: Pecha, Leppa, Cheri, Sitrus, Chesto
Route 4: Wiki, Figy, Pecha
Route 5: Cheri, Persim, Rawst, Pecha
Route 8: Oran, Cheri, Chesto, Lum, Pecha
Route 10: Hondew, Kelpsy, Grepa, Qualot
Route 12 Beach: Apicot, Aspear, Leppa, Cheri
Route 16: Lum, Oran, Aspear, Persim, Sitrus, Pecha
Route 17: Rawst, Leppa, Sitrus
Poni Wilds NW: Shuca, Chople, Occa, Colbur, Chilan
Poni Wilds N: Payapa, Yache, Passho, Roseli, Babiri
Poni Wilds NE: Kasib, Haban, Tanga, Rindo, Kebia
Poni Plains: Maranga, Passho, Rindo, Occa, Shuca, Wacan, Yache

clemenx

Banned
How far into the game do you get Salandit? Gonna be a bitch hunting for a female but I think Salazzle is my favorite new monster.

hemo memo

5 more days! we can do it!

tumblr_inline_oa71mxllgq1r93q2a_500.gif

:(

SlickVic

Somewhat off topic, but just a heads up to anyone pre-ordering from Amazon. I got an email today saying the game wouldn't arrive until the 22nd. Looking on the product page, it doesn't say anywhere that they're guaranteeing release day delivery, as they do with most preorders.

Don't know what the issue is, but personally I cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered on Best Buy. Don't know if it's a GCU deal or not, but they got free shipping and claiming it'll arrive on release day (never did release date delivery with Best Buy so not sure how reliable that is).

Seil

I just confirmed that, as I suspected, Mareanie doesn't call for help. If you want to continue a Corsola/Mareanie chain you'll need to take out the Mareanie. Since Happiny showed this same behavior, I'm going to say Sableye and Chansey both should as well. I'm not sure if there are any other Pokemon exclusive to this mechanic off the top of my head.

Somewhat off topic, but just a heads up to anyone pre-ordering from Amazon. I got an email today saying the game wouldn't arrive until the 22nd. Looking on the product page, it doesn't say anywhere that they're guaranteeing release day delivery, as they do with most preorders.

Don't know what the issue is, but personally I cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered on Best Buy. Don't know if it's a GCU deal or not, but they got free shipping and claiming it'll arrive on release day (never did release date delivery with Best Buy so not sure how reliable that is).

That's unfortunate. My order still seems to be on track for the 18th.

I buy my video games almost exclusively at Best Buy and more times than not, they've gotten it to me on release. The only exceptions have been some amiibo last May (a couple arrived on release date, some the next day and others a couple days later), the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition (which happened to everyone who ordered from them online) and Trail of Cold Steel 2 (which I blame FedEx for because they refused to move the package over the weekend whereas USPS and UPS would have).

EDIT: Since Best Buy 100% has the games already and the game is out on Friday, I wouldn't worry about it not arriving on release date if you're being told it will when you checkout.

MegaMelon

Do we know which country the leaks came from? Because if it's not europe and we still get a delayed release compared with the rest of the world for the next game I'm going to be annoyed.

How far into the game do you get Salandit? Gonna be a bitch hunting for a female but I think Salazzle is my favorite new monster.
Looks like route 8 is the earliest.

As for getting a female. Just lead your party with a male Pokemon who has the cute charm ability. I noticed Eevee seems to be available fairly early on (routes 4 and 6 by 5% encounter) so Sylveon is a great choice for this.

Seil

Looks like route 8 is the earliest.

As for getting a female. Just lead your party with a male Pokemon who has the cute charm ability. I noticed Eevee seems to be available fairly early on (routes 4 and 6 by 5% encounter) so Sylveon is a great choice for this.

You get an Eevee egg early on Akala if you stop in the Nursery, as well.

SlickVic

I buy my video games almost exclusively at Best Buy and more times than not, they've gotten it to me on release. The only exceptions have been some amiibo last May (a couple arrived on release date, some the next day and others a couple days later), the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition (which happened to everyone who ordered from them online) and Trail of Cold Steel 2 (which I blame FedEx for because they refused to move the package over the weekend whereas USPS and UPS would have).

EDIT: Since Best Buy 100% has the games already and the game is out on Friday, I wouldn't worry about it not arriving on release date if you're being told it will when you checkout.

Sounds good. I do have a Best Buy near me, but dealing with traffic coming home from work, just so much more convenient to have it shipped and not have to make the drive there.

Daemul

Some dude is trying to wondertrade a cloned French shiny Silvally with the O.T. 4chan.org and is trying to act like its legit

DZUYM9b.png

The amount of hacked mons on wondertrade, most of which are Chinese for some reason, is staggering, especially since like probably 90% of the people currently playing the game right now are Pkhex users who can gen whichever Pokemon they want, so what is even the point? You ain't fooling anyone fam.

The game hasn't even come out and Wondertrade is already a clusterfuck.

Don't think that's for beating the league second time. I think you need to show him an impressive Pokémon to shock him awake
Oh!

The Null I SRed for was Outstanding. Could that have been it? It's either that or the 4IV Vulpix I got off the GTS randomly. EDIT: Apparently that's not it lol

janoDX

One big question is looming over my head as I have a complete living dex: Can you breed Cosmog? If you can't, is there a way to obtain multiple of them in 1 game? And if you can't do that as well, is it possible to trade it between games?

Spoilers for the game since I have an early copy.
You get 2 of them per game, the first evolves into Solgeo/Lunala and the second one is received post game and evolves at level 53 but it has to be on Pokemon Sun to evolve to Solgeo

Seil

Spoilers for the game since I have an early copy.
You get 2 of them per game, the first evolves into Solgeo/Lunala and the second one is received post game and evolves at level 53 but it has to be on Pokemon Sun to evolve to Solgeo

That's inaccurate.

You only get one Cosmog, the gift in the postgame. You outright catch your cover legendary. Or is that what you meant by that first part? Because that's misleading, making people think they actually get that Cosmog lol.

When talking about a living dex, you need to recognize the fact the person actually needs both legendaries, a cosmog and cosmog's evolution. You only get one cosmog in a playthrough, but you'll need two of them for a living dex ignoring the second legendary.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I have a great amount of sympathy for anyone planning to have Crabrawler on their team.
Dude remains a frail, mediocre fighting mono-type until you get a chance to evolve him right before fighting the Elite Four.
Plus, you literally find these things EVERYWHERE. Pretty much wherever there's a berry tree.
So he's pretty useless for the game proper and I doubt he'll be much better competitively until he gets access to a proper move tutor.

That sucks, I'm using him as I love his design.

Guess if he proves as bad as you say I'll switch to Bewear.

janoDX

That's inaccurate.

You only get one Cosmog, the gift in the postgame. You outright catch your cover legendary. Or is that what you meant by that first part? Because that's misleading, making people think they actually get that Cosmog lol.

That's because I explained it wrong. Sorry.

The first one evolves into the cover legendary so you never get him as "cosmog".

Oh, and you can breed for 30's now:

31 = さいこう
30 = すばらしい
26 - 29 = すごくいい

EDIT: IVs aren't bad at all to breed for BTW. I'd say it's about as fast as ORAS if not a bit faster (including time to get parents). For XY it would depend on if you had access to lots of friend safaris or not. If you didn't you were SOL, if you did it was nice as hell.
That's cool. In vgc and battle spot formats, level is automatically adjusted to 50, and at 50 a 31 and a 30 are effectively the same statwise

Top Bottom