• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

That's inaccurate.

You only get one Cosmog, the gift in the postgame. You outright catch your cover legendary. Or is that what you meant by that first part? Because that's misleading, making people think they actually get that Cosmog lol.

When talking about a living dex, you need to recognize the fact the person actually needs both legendaries, a cosmog and cosmog's evolution. You only get one cosmog in a playthrough, but you'll need two of them for a living dex ignoring the second legendary.

It still works out fine if you own two versions. In each get the legendary, get the post game cosmog, and then evolve one of the post game cosmogs and keep the other in base form

Seil

It still works out fine if you own two versions. In each get the legendary, get the post game cosmog, and then evolve one of the post game cosmogs and keep the other in base form

It does if you own both versions, yes. But acquiring two Cosmogs in a playthrough works out differently than the reality if you only own one version in comparison.

If you only own Moon and play through it twice, you'll get two Cosmogs and two Lunala. But with that original wording one might think they could get four Cosmogs instead. Four Cosmogs would let you get the full set, but two Cosmogs and two Lunala doesn't (unless you trade one for a Solgaleo)

It does if you own both versions, yes. But acquiring two Cosmogs in a playthrough works out differently than the reality if you only own one version in comparison.

If you only own Moon and play through it twice, you'll get two Cosmogs and two Lunala. But with that original wording one might think they could get four Cosmogs. Four Cosmogs would let you get the full set, but two Cosmogs and two Lunala doesn't (unless you trade one for a Solgaleo)

I mean, you wouldn't be able to get the other version legendary without trading anyways with one version since you can't evolve cosmog into the opposite version legend to my understanding?

I wonder if Gamefreak some day decides to go with 100% server-side created and saved Pokemon so that the hacked in Pokemon become passé. Probably not anytime soon since that would require internet access at least whenever you catch (or hatch) something. That would be a major detriment after all.

Still, even if it's just verifying the Pokemon when caught and the server then just synchronizes the XP etc. when you access online, thus allowing you to cheat the levels and EVs, that would still be an effective way to cut down all hacked mons where it 'matters' the most. IVs, nature, 'shininess'.

The competitive scene would probably hate it unless IV and EV mastering became trivial but it's also nice to have a somewhat 'persistent' online infrastructure where you can be assured no Pokemon is hacked, making it actually a special thing to get a great mon via wondertrade etc.

Seil

I mean, you wouldn't be able to get the other version legendary without trading anyways with one version since you can't evolve cosmog into the opposite version legend to my understanding?

You're correct, but there's a bit of a difference between a trade back for evolution and an outright trade.

Spoilers for the game since I have an early copy.
You get 2 of them per game, the first evolves into Solgeo/Lunala and the second one is received post game and evolves at level 53 but it has to be on Pokemon Sun to evolve to Solgeo

That's inaccurate.

You only get one Cosmog, the gift in the postgame. You outright catch your cover legendary. Or is that what you meant by that first part? Because that's misleading, making people think they actually get that Cosmog lol.

When talking about a living dex, you need to recognize the fact the person actually needs both legendaries, a cosmog and cosmog's evolution. You only get one cosmog in a playthrough, but you'll need two of them for a living dex ignoring the second legendary.

Someone told me something similar already but thanks anyway, always appreciate you guys answering my questions. I planned on getting Moon anyway and I'll need it to get another Type:Null so this is fine. I finished my living dex about a year ago so I was getting a little worried they'd only gave you one (in the context that
you evolve it into the box legendary in the main story
) and I'd be screwed.

Kyzer

Banned
I wonder if Gamefreak some day decides to go with 100% server-side created and saved Pokemon so that the hacked in Pokemon become passé. Probably not anytime soon since that would require internet access at least whenever you catch (or hatch) something. That would be a major detriment after all.

Still, even if it's just verifying the Pokemon when caught and the server then just synchronizes the XP etc. when you access online, thus allowing you to cheat the levels and EVs, that would still be an effective way to cut down all hacked mons where it 'matters' the most. IVs, nature, 'shininess'.

The competitive scene would probably hate it unless IV and EV mastering became trivial but it's also nice to have a somewhat 'persistent' online infrastructure where you can be assured no Pokemon is hacked, making it actually a special thing to get a great mon via wondertrade etc.

If it were that simple they would be able to do it now. The problem is their detection methods are rubbish so it wouldnt detect hacked mons in the cloud either

I came across this video detailing secrets from the postgame. Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled.

There seems to be connections to both Kanto and Sinnoh, but who knows whether they'll go anywhere, especially after what happened with XY and the predictions that this generation may be short.

Also, Looker didn't have any memory in ORAS, which we know takes place before XY. But in XY/SM, he's already an established member of the interntional police, just like in Gen IV. I wonder if the faller thing is the same for Looker as well because his appearance and memory loss in ORAS is similar to Anabel's, although he apparently doesn't have this wormhole energy surrounding him.

Oh, and the guy who runs Pelago is definitely Lusamine's husband and Lillie/Gladion's dad. They don't even know that he only got send up a bit northwest lol.

Neither showing him an impressive pokemon or beating the league a second time seem to do the trick.

It might be linked to your Battle Tree streak.

See, that's what we originally thought. But PreyingShark gained access after his league rematch. If it wasn't that, then something else he did before that worked. I don't think he worked more on his Battle Tree streak but I may be wrong.
Yep, it's still only at like 3.

I think part of the issue is that I hadn't actually checked to see if i had unlocked the judge all day and only did it after the rematch when Seil asked me to. So it could have been anything I'd done that day. I mostly just explored places so who knows what the fuck I did that triggered it... I can't think of anything I've done that Seil hadn't but clearly I've had to have done something.

This game...

Kyzer

Banned
After you beat the league a second time, you can talk to a guy at the Battle Tree to unlock the Judge functionality for your PC. On the bottom screen of your PC, there will be a button to switch the top screen from showing stats to showing this:

jgkXg9c.png

The big thing here is that it's a lot faster to check mons in bulk since you just press left/right and it automatically goes to the next mon since, well, it's just a different top screen from the usual.

holy shit Sun/Moon delivering

Kyzer

Banned
Pokemon and items allowed for VGC. Tapus and UBs allowed. The gems except for Normal are also banned, which means they're likely not obtainable again. It also looks like the terrain extender also banned? Maybe it's an event item?

Also something interesting for Battle Spot's special season 1 is that items are banned, but certain Pokemon that can be caught in Alola but are not part of the Alolan dex (Emboar, Meganium) are allowed.

they must be catchable in game, we know chiko is

Which makes the lack of national dex even more perplexing

JoeM86

Pokemon and items allowed for VGC. Tapus and UBs allowed. The gems except for Normal are banned, which means they're likely not obtainable again. It also looks like the terrain extender is also banned? Maybe it's an event item?

Also something interesting for Battle Spot's special season 1 is that items are banned, but certain Pokemon that can be caught in Alola, but are not part of the Alolan dex (Emboar, Meganium) are allowed.

Those Pokémon are Island Scan Pokémon

Seil

Pokemon and items allowed for VGC. Tapus and UBs allowed. The gems except for Normal are banned, which means they're likely not obtainable again. It also looks like the terrain extender is also banned? Maybe it's an event item?

Also something interesting for Battle Spot's special season 1 is that items are banned, but certain Pokemon that can be caught in Alola, but are not part of the Alolan dex (Emboar, Meganium) are allowed.

Terrain Extender isn't an event item, I picked up one somewhere in game and you can buy them with BP. Also yeah I've found a couple Normal Gems, but it seems like they're the only ones obtainable again.

Kyzer

Banned
Some more testing on the EV thing:

Defeating 2 Caterpie with Pokerus and power item

118 -> 190 = +72

18 for the first and 54(18*3) for the second.

It might be related to adrenaline orb itself still.

It seems like Game Freak does care ;']

EDIT:
Popped an Adrenaline Orb and killed a Caterpie -> +18 EVs.

Looks like it goes up with kills made in the chain.

I'm so sorry I doubted you Ohmori

*bows in gratitude*

Arynio

Yes. Basically it just means that instead of our original math: 18 + 54 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36

It's instead: 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36

Both come out to 252.

OMG. This.changes.everything! :O

So if you chain evolved pokémon who yield 3EVs, would we get a maximum of 44 + 44 etc?

Did I get it?

Terrain Extender isn't an event item, I picked up one somewhere in game and you can buy them with BP. Also yeah I've found a couple Normal Gems, but it seems like they're the only ones obtainable again.

I see, that's weird. Silvally's memory is also not on the list, so maybe it's incomplete.

Seil

Looks like chains do reach 4 max IVs this time:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5coxgi/shiny_rockruff_after_100_chains_its_ivs/
Who know where the 4IV cut-off is or if it goes further as that person was going for Shiny and their Pokemon of choice is Smeargle with Spore, False Swipe (Paras), Soak (Psyduck) and Aerial Ace (Fearow). Soak is used for grass types. They've not said if sleeping Pokemon call for help.

Soak should also be used for Ghost types for False Swipe usage.

Though personally I like to have something like Simple Beam, Worry Seed or Entrainment for the sake of checking for Hidden Abilities on my capturing Smeargle as well. (I don't have a proper damaging move on my capturing Smeargle, it only has false swipe for damage).

Edit: Dammit.

Edit2: I should point out I guess that you do actually need a proper damaging move for chaining, though. But I do think being able to check for HAs is valuable, so you'd either want a different Pokemon to do the KOing, or a different Pokemon to check for HAs. Either way you're stuck switching around in order to confirm HAs considering the other 3 moves are important.

Infinite

Looks like chains do reach 4 max IVs this time:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5coxgi/shiny_rockruff_after_100_chains_its_ivs/
Who know where the 4IV cut-off is or if it goes further as that person was going for Shiny and their Pokemon of choice is Smeargle with Spore, False Swipe (Paras), Soak (Psyduck) and Aerial Ace (Fearow). Soak is used for grass types. They've not said if sleeping Pokemon call for help.
For clarity, a "chain" is when the Pokemon calls for help?

Qurupeke

Do they really allow UBs? Some of them are just downright broken....

PK Gaming

I'm glad they're allowed

I mean VGC/battlespot players are absolutely fucked

But i'm glad

So what is Poke Refresh really about?

I never used Pokemon Amie but I find myself using refresh for status cures and that actually made me find charm in it. They did a lot of great work with the models and it really makes your team feel like yours.

So what does it do fully aside from status cure?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If it's like Amie then the more you use it your Pokemon get added benefits---I remember stuff like shaking off status effects mid-battle and gaining extra EXP.

Speaking of which do Pokemon still get bonus EXP. if you keep them unevolved past the level they evolve at naturally? That was a new feature in XY I liked.

Also they called UB because when you see them UB fucked.

No mega evolutions this year they said *looks at item list*
Gengarite
Venusaurite
Charizardite X
Blastoisinite
Salamencite
I'm getting SSB for 3DS vibes here and can see someone bringing Salamence and as soon they mega evolve getting booted from the match (initially in SSB for 3DS if you used the down Peach's Down B during a for glory match you got booted for using items in for glory mode).

If it's like Amie then the more you use it your Pokemon get added benefits---I remember stuff like shaking off status effects mid-battle and gaining extra EXP.

Speaking of which do Pokemon still get bonus EXP. if you keep them unevolved past the level they evolve at naturally? That was a new feature in XY I liked.

Also they called UB because when you see them UB fucked.

I've noticed that mons you catch personally state to receive boosted EXP at the end of some battles. I think its tied to Refresh because I do use it sparingly.

Akala island is really awesome. Found salandit but it feels rather weak for now. Arachnoid has awesome SP Def

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VGC going to be shit again. It will be all UB/Tapu teams.

Top Bottom